Power Rangers Dino Fury Trailer (With TV-Nihon footage)

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Power Rangers Dino Fury Trailer (With TV-Nihon footage)

Post by HowlingSnail »

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status ... 0204209153

How does this keep happening?

Also, can they PLEASE stop re-using "It's Morphin' Time" and Go Go Power Rangers?
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Power Rangers Dino Fury Trailer (With TV-Nihon footage)

Post by hiro9796 »

Yeah, saw that. They tried to cut the part with subtitles and special effects but not good enough. We can see clearly the half of the special effects on Triken and Ankyrose.

How does this keep happening? They don't want to waste their money to subscribe in getting raw videos from TTFC or Blu Ray?

My thoughts exactly about those phrases. That is part of a reason I stopped watching PR. Its overused, literally. Another term thar is often overused. Zords, Megazords or any prefix added to Zord. Wow, don't they have any other names? Other than that, is how often the battle scenes from sentai stock footage become less natural and coherent when they need to speak and dub over.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

hiro9796 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:10 pm
How does this keep happening? They don't want to waste their money to subscribe in getting raw videos from TTFC or Blu Ray?
I mean, they've literally got access to the raw video. They just need to call up Toei and ask. And yet this keeps happening. A resounding "the fuck why?!" Is in order
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I imagine it's probably easier to find a subbed clip if they searched for it on the internet. Some low paid worker can't be bothered putting in the effort.

I do find it interesting that the main draw of the new series seems to be showing off things like 'New Morphers' and 'New Zords'. No shit. When was the last time they reused them?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:17 pm I imagine it's probably easier to find a subbed clip if they searched for it on the internet. Some low paid worker can't be bothered putting in the effort.

I do find it interesting that the main draw of the new series seems to be showing off things like 'New Morphers' and 'New Zords'. No shit. When was the last time they reused them?
Never, as far as I'm aware.

It's actually a well-known thing that the production team uses TVN subs. One of the Super Megaforce writers back in the day was seen with your Gokaiger releases open on his laptop in a pic he posted. And of course, it's not the first time they've appeared in trailers though.

Surely though they have clean footage from Toei? A while back the official PR Twitter got caught out using Kissanime screenshots. Like...are they not providing their staff with the footage? Does the social media manager not have an external HDD with all the episodes on? I feel like that should be something they're provided with.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Can't give out the keys to the kingdom, what if someone were to leak it on the internet and get it subbed or something? lol
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Oh actually, I've just remembered when Zords were re-used. MMPR series 3 re-used Titanus in the form of the toys to create new Ultrazords with the Ninja and Shogun Megazords.
Seen:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's my point. They haven't done any reusing of anything since the Alien Rangers used the Shogun Zords (which, despite the fact they bill it as a separate season, makes sense in context). It just makes the marketing even more obvious that it's 'New Toys!, spend money!'

I know they obviously haven't shot anything yet so they didn't have a proper promo to run, but even then that's all they'd be shilling. As opposed to say a Sentai promo, that actually explains what the plot is about!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

It feels weird for them to be shilling the new show this early anyway, considering the USA, the primary market for PR, hasn't even gotten the final quarter of Beast Morphers. Although even I forget that, given the rest of the world got the show months ago.
Seen:
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

Holy molly! That's another level of unprofessionalism! Specially coming from such a huge company and franchise! I never really liked PR ever since I found out they were just Super Sentai copy and paste stuff. But this shoot hits a new low! LOL

That's exactly why I laugh when I see people saying "don't get pirate stuff, we need to support the legal market". C'mmon! Often times the legal market is the market that mostly profit from piracy!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Tokyo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:57 pm Holy molly! That's another level of unprofessionalism! Specially coming from such a huge company and franchise! I never really liked PR ever since I found out they were just Super Sentai copy and paste stuff. But this shoot hits a new low! LOL

That's exactly why I laugh when I see people saying "don't get pirate stuff, we need to support the legal market". C'mmon! Often times the legal market is the market that mostly profit from piracy!
Bandai and Saban have used TV-Nihon footage in official promos before numerous times. This is nothing new. The writers use TVN's releases when writing episodes for reference.

Also, calling PR a copy and paste of Super Sentai is just ignorant. Watch shows like MMPR series 3, In Space, RPM or Beast Morphers and tell me those are just copied from Super Sentai.
Seen:
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:50 pm
Tokyo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:57 pm Holy molly! That's another level of unprofessionalism! Specially coming from such a huge company and franchise! I never really liked PR ever since I found out they were just Super Sentai copy and paste stuff. But this shoot hits a new low! LOL

Bandai and Saban have used TV-Nihon footage in official promos before numerous times. This is nothing new. The writers use TVN's releases when writing episodes for reference.

Also, calling PR a copy and paste of Super Sentai is just ignorant. Watch shows like MMPR series 3, In Space, RPM or Beast Morphers and tell me those are just copied from Super Sentai.

You totally understand what I meant by 'copy and paste'. You don't have to pretend you didn't. I've watched several PR shows, and the movies, I know exactly how it works. It's still not an original franchise and everybody totally understood what I said! People may or may not like PR, but it's a fact the formula lacks originality and it's another fact that many fans won't be pleased by such formula. I don't know why some people keep defending PR against such criticism, since it's not even controversial.

Other than that, even Bandai has used TVN's footage??? Oh my gosh! What's wrong with those companies??? I'd love to see such videos!

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”