KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 33
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.67 / 5 stars (21 votes)

Alt Title: How do you fight against malice?

I felt like that was 80-90% a satisfying ending to the series. Weird sequel/movie bait aside, I'm mostly disappointed that there's no cop out miracle that restores Is to who she was. Yes, it's nice that Aruto builds a new one, but that's like getting a new pet after your old one dies. It's not the same thing. In the end, Izu was still killed and that still sucks.

Also, fuck you for using the Is Humagear Progrise Key and it giving a Cannot Read message. What does that mean? Is there nothing on the key to begin with??? Don't tell me those keys only work when the satellite is in orbit because There was not communicating when Thouser was CEO and Aruto was stuck with only the keys to use as restores.

I really like that Naki joins AIMS, that seems fitting. Also, it's cool to see that under Yaiba's leadership, they hired a female officer too? I cover my feelings on Fuwa's epilogue in my notes.

The Horobi/Aruto fight took most of the episode, but that was fine because, for once, they were both characters who had real stakes in this fight. It wasn't just Horobi trying to destroy the world while Aruto trying to rescue it cliche. You know what they say about wrestling/toku, it's the plot that makes the fights more interesting. Also the fight was pretty well choreographed and was fun to watch.

Edit: I have my doubts about Saber, but it is pretty bad ass to watch him swing that flaming sword

It wasn't till I saw the CM that I realized we haven't had the Zero-One movie yet. Funny how the Kiramager movie is like "we dunno, maybe next year early on".

Where did they get this Michael Jackson looking character for these t-shirt cms? Why are they always so creepy?

Notes:
-Horobi best tentacle monster
-The makeup for Horobi's fucked up face is pretty good
-Fuwa, you so extra. Wait is that all we get from him for this episode? Whaaaat?

Don't forget to participate in the series poll and discussion thread
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: KR Zero-One 45 released

Post by Aeikozz »

We got cucked so fucking hard. I'll never forgive them for killing Izu. We got aboslutely no fucking payoff for that at all. It just feels like they're saying Yeah the world sucks and there's not a god damn thing you can do about it in the end. God my Izu. My she rip. I hate 2020. Taking all my favorite people from me.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Man, I'm sad it's all over, well okay there's the movie to look forward to, but ah. I'm going to miss this series.

Also I guess Azu will be explained later, considering the tease. I am quite glad they didn't just pull out some bullshit to restore Izu, it's both nice and heartbreaking they remade her body.

Also Horobi best dad. That little scene with them at the end was cute. It still weirds me out that he has hair though, it's usually so covered up. XD
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Great end to the series, but as takenoko pointed out, Fuwa sooooo extra. I mean, sure he punches out the glass to the door, but was it necessary to REMOVE the door? You broke the glass, you can easily unlock the door and open it at that point....
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Pretty good ending. Izu being rebuilt but she doesn't have the original personality works for me.

Gai managing a group of Thouser dogs is great and funny at the same time.

I guess Fuwa's ability to pry anything open is extended to ripping off car doors.

I really wonder if the Zero-One movie is going to be rewritten as the epilogue to the series since it looks like it was the summer movie instead of the typical team-up movie in December. I guess this was a positive side-effect from the pandemic delaying the summer movies. Also without the Kirameiger movie being attached to it, maybe a slightly long time.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Execs, I know you're disappointed you didn't get to do the summer movie this year, but seriously? Cliffhanger not cool!

Honestly about what I expected for the ending. Not totally fantastic but not a disappointment either. Still mad that Cheetah didn't get to transform more though.

Fuwa, my man... she hit a pole. The door is not going to be that damaged. She probably could've opened it herself. Even if it didn't open she could've climbed out the back. Yes, she's got a head wound, but it's minor. You just turned this slightly expensive repair job into a very expensive repair job, if not a total loss.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Yes, the conclusion is not fantastic but not a disappointment either.

So MetsubouJinrai.net continues to monitor the world for future malice. Only two members stay at the job? Horobi and Jin simply let Naki and Raiden go?

Fuwa's superhuman strength is from his experience of fighting as Vulcan?

A new evil Rider as a cliffhanger at the end? That means Takahashi Yuya intentionally saves this guy up for the winter cross over movie.

By the way, Horobi's new look without the hair wrap resembles Yoshizawa Ryo who played Sakuta Ryuusei / Kamen Rider Meteor on Fourze.
Kamen Rider Raven
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: Double
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Shotaro
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Post by Kamen Rider Raven »

takenoko wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:39 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.67 / 5 stars (21 votes)

Alt Title: How do you fight against malice?

I felt like that was 80-90% a satisfying ending to the series. Weird sequel/movie bait aside, I'm mostly disappointed that there's no cop out miracle that restores Is to who she was. Yes, it's nice that Aruto builds a new one, but that's like getting a new pet after your old one dies. It's not the same thing. In the end, Izu was still killed and that still sucks.
Honestly, I'm glad. It would have been pretty cheap if after the last few episodes, they went "Oh look. Here's Izu back!" It gave some lasting stakes instead of "everything is absolutely perfect."

This is the first rider series in a while that had a super satisfying ending that didn't feel rushed. Build's ending rubbed me the wrong way and let's not get into the travesty that is Zi-O's ending. Zero One has a lack of "ass pull" Realizing Hopper aside, Artuo's and Horobi's actions don't feel like they came out of nowhere. The final battle itself was very satisfying. I usually hate it when Rider seasons get rid of the main villian with two or three episodes left and have someone come from nowhere to take over (Double), but Ark's presence is definitely felt here, even though Ark himself is gone.

Also, new rider seems to be a movie villian so I don't consider him as someone coming out of nowhere. Though I have to wonder if maybe this will be like Foundation X? I'm still holding out hope for a connected world for Reiwa
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I liked the conclusion of the final battle, since it was just about everything I hoped it going to be. Aruto and Horobi beating on each other as they shout out all their anguish and hopes and whatnot, culminating with a spectacular finish and them both managing to settle their differences. This part I have no issues with and am totally happy with.

Much like the entire show itself though, this finale has some really great highs but some lows that kinda border on baffling? The little epilogue moments for each character were just okay, though Fuwa's leaves me with more questions than anything else. It's nice to see that he's still acting as a hero despite not being able to transform but... what is he doing for a living? Where does he live?

Also the final scene with rebuilding a new Izu is kinda... disturbing? Isn't this like Aruto being unable to let go of her, so he builds a new friend who looks just like her in order to take her place? What if this Izu hits singularity and decides she doesn't wanna be a secretary? This feels like the premise of an angsty drama instead of a happy ending to me!

Tease for movie guy isn't really worth commenting on, but that's totally Rogue's head they are using for Eden, right?

Anyhow, it's been fun, Zero-One. Despite many, many hiccups, I think it left me on a good note.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider Raven wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:09 am Honestly, I'm glad. It would have been pretty cheap if after the last few episodes, they went "Oh look. Here's Izu back!" It gave some lasting stakes instead of "everything is absolutely perfect."
Bread covers a few points that bothered me about it, but I think the thing that bothers me is that it doesn't feel like it matches the stakes of the series. Obviously people have died in the Day-Break Town tragedy and MetsubouJinrai.net rebellions, but we never actually see a human die in the show.

So it grinds my gears a little bit to off Is at the end because that's just the fridging a woman trope. In a show that's about learning that robots can be as just as human as humans (especially if they don't get backed up and have one life like humans) it feels kind of hollow to go "Is died, but it's okay she was just a robot anyway" or "Is died, but here's a replacement, despite the reality being the real Is truly is dead and gone"

In a relatively bloodless series (thank god, after Build's angstfest), it feels a bit bitter to end it by killing off one of its most beloved characters
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Typical Takahashi ending. There's always things to do which makes the installments he wrote like Ex-Aid more applicable in real life.

As for Izu not fully reviving. Let's consider again that it only needs the core program of the Humagear for them to develop again to their version that reached Singularity just like the other Humagears in the earlier episodes that were hacked and destroyed.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Oh am REALLY glad that Aruto didn't erase his series from history like the last 2 guys. And I'm glad they didn't magically restore Izu's memories. It's them most logical ending. They built a new body for her. I still think it's weird how she's not backed up though.

For anyone curious, here's a Twitter thread of interesting tidbits from the producers: https://twitter.com/TomConstantines/sta ... 8320880640
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Okay, what should I say... Where's Isamu and his family?!!!!! I mean come on, I'm expecting him to be hanging out for a meal with his family before helping out someone in trouble.

Horobi and Aruto fight. I definitely feel the Kuuga second last episode vibe with the punching. The fight is definitely entertaining and awesome. I definitely don't get the reason for reusing 01 Driver again instead of the 02 driver. 02 literally only appeared 4 episodes??

I was not expecting too much about Is being revived or being raised from the start. But Siesta definitely points out Aruto wants to wreck her with the pun-based jokes.

I am not so much of a fan for cliffhanger ending. Yet the ending is acceptable since there is no fixing history or going into another timeline. Again, I still don't like the idea of Sougo trying to erase memories of people in the present time from Reiwa First Generation?!! I mean they failed to change the past? What's the big deal?! I mean, Gokaiger asked Dai Goyou to keep his mouth shut due to special circumstances so why can't ask that from Aruto? I feel like he was exaggerating too much in that matter. Sorry for being out of context there instead of being specific to this episode. It just came out of the blue.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

BreadToku wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:18 amAlso the final scene with rebuilding a new Izu is kinda... disturbing? Isn't this like Aruto being unable to let go of her, so he builds a new friend who looks just like her in order to take her place? What if this Izu hits singularity and decides she doesn't wanna be a secretary? This feels like the premise of an angsty drama instead of a happy ending to me!
If Izu doesn't want to be a secretary any more, Aruto wouldn't have a problem with it. He wants her to be happy instead having a secretary by his side all the time.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”