KR Zero-One REAL X TIME discussion thread

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zero-One REAL X TIME discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Saber and the Phoenix Swordsman
Wiki

Man, that was pretty good. Amazing action set pieces, a good story, a few very rewarding surprises, and surprisingly canonical ending for Zero-One

It's funny to watch Saber and this back to back, because Saber was okay, but it had nothing to do with its plot, was a CGI mess, and was too short to tell a good story. So basically the sentai summer movie to this more fleshed out Kamen Rider movie

Thoughts in no particular order:
Spoiler
-Why didn't anyone tell me I wanted Is to transform? The scarf even fits where her bow would be
-Yaiba on a bike, best bike action in years? (Did Sakamoto direct this?)
-Why did the server blow up at the end??? There's no reason for that! Also, if you can put your girlfriend in a computer, while you yourself are a computer made of nanomachines, turn your girlfriend into nanomachines, dummy! You've basically solved death. Even better than Dan Kuroto!
-As is still on the loose. Ark... surprisingly has little to do with this story, I think?
-Man, they really thought Mr. 100 being naked was funny
-Like the Gaia contacts. Cool effect and neat to see the characters with green eyes. Think I noticed a scene where Is wasn't wearing her contacts though, whooops!
-Again, great use of practical special effects and action
-He doesn't get an upgraded form, but Horobi makes pretty good use out of his Scorpion form
So... was the art design crew super inspired by Final Fantasy 7? We have the decrepit church with the flowers growing in the middle of it. The weird Jenova thing on the cross (why'd he put her brain in a partial Humagear model. Weird!)

Also, the scene on the train totally reminded me of Eva
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: KR Zero-One REAL X TIME released

Post by decade368990 »

I got side tracked to watch this movie last night while trying to work on Saber and Zenkaiger episode pictures. Yeah, it's helluva fun movie with great actions and a meaningful story. The Thousand Jacker is another Kamen Rider's blade referencing to Soul Edge to cause a mass destruction across the planet. The sword also feels like King Arthur's Excalibur too when it's attached to the marble stone for powering.

It's weird how Ark has little to do with the story. I was thinking the story was to wrap things up from the TV series like getting rid of As since she follows Ark's prediction to make billions of people fighting against each other as Kamen Rider Ark.

Those of you living in the American region, how do you rate this movie? Children, teenager, mature, or adult? I mean when Nodachi is stripped naked for questioning, they flat out showing his butt and did not add checkers to blur it out.

From what I can see Sakamoto has zero involvement with Zero-One. If he did this movie, the action sequences would all have been shaky camera movements. Nonetheless, the scenes of Valkyrie on a motorcycle were well stitched. Sugihara Teruaki most likely took inspiration from Hawkeye at Tokyo in Endgame and Knightmare Batman in Batman v Superman after watching these two movies. Nice to see Is transforming into Zero-Two to fight with Aruto together. So, Satellite There restores her past memories, inspiring her to fight as Zero-Two?

Overall, the movie is a satisfying piece of work.

Oh yeah, if the movie was delayed because of the Covid, did they spend a bit more time on the editing? I notice they didn't use the roll effect on the end credits, but instead using fade effect like in the TV series.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I figured out what Nodate's deal is. He's Mr. 100% because his actor's name is Akira 100%. Akira 100% is a comedian who is best known for doing his act naked, except for using a metal tray to cover up his junk. So... that's why that whole scene was like that
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:20 am I figured out what Nodate's deal is. He's Mr. 100% because his actor's name is Akira 100%. Akira 100% is a comedian who is best known for doing his act naked, except for using a metal tray to cover up his junk. So... that's why that whole scene was like that
That is an interesting career for a comedian.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

Very enjoyable movie, also I think has one of my new favourite transformation narrator bits, it used to be "Thunder", just cause it sounded like an over-the-top Jim Carrey reading to me, now I quite like the "Heaven or Hell... it doesn't matter." XD
Gokider
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Gokider »

decade368990 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:32 am It's weird how Ark has little to do with the story. I was thinking the story was to wrap things up from the TV series like getting rid of As since she follows Ark's prediction to make billions of people fighting against each other as Kamen Rider Ark.
Since this was originally meant to be during the series, it was done as one of those self contained stories that stemmed from the series with only some influence from it so the main story could continue as is (no pun intended).

Ark's role in the film was essentially given to As as she's all that's left of him at this point and backtracking to have him around wouldn't work story-wise. Plus, she did fight as Kamen Rider Ark-Zero-One in the Final Stage.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Zero-One REAL X TIME discussion thread

Post by Mighty Action X »

I'm still in the middle of watching it.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

I know i say this often. but i feel i wont be saying this again for a long fucking time. This is the best Kamen Rider Movie ever. It's just Izu Aruto transforming and that battle scene. It's soo good. 02 really looks like it was always mean for izu. It's such a great compliment to zero one. Soo awesome.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

heaven or hell? it doesn't matter. Lmmmaaaaaoo that's how i feel some days
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Amazing movie. It does what other post-series movies not often do and that is to serve as an epilogue that actually makes sense with respect to the series while also still being able to stand on its own.

These are the characters we've come to know for 45 episodes. Not some watered down versions who appear in name only. It's a real continuation of the story and these characters which is awesome.
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Post by Sonicguy001 »

dryedmangoez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm Amazing movie. It does what other post-series movies not often do and that is to serve as an epilogue that actually makes sense with respect to the series while also still being able to stand on its own.

These are the characters we've come to know for 45 episodes. Not some watered down versions who appear in name only. It's a real continuation of the story and these characters which is awesome.
extra awesome considering setting the movie as an epilogue wasn't the original plan!
OmegaOne
Secretly a Robot in Disguise
Favorite series: Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by OmegaOne »

Huge credit to Satoshi Fujita's work as Zero-Two here, going through as much of the action scenes as possible with hands at the waist for Is' pose.
TJ Omega: Reviewing Transformers, tokusatsu toys, and all things childish
http://www.youtube.com/user/TJOmega
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I didn't realize he also did Zero-Two. He's also Valkyrie's suit actor. Nice!
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Fujita-san is amazing, is he?
That's what Takahashi Fumiya (Aruto) said of Is' Zero-Two action in the commentary audio track.

I had fun with hearing commentary audio track and I bearly understand what Fumiya, Noa and director Sugihara said, especially the Aruto/Is henshin scene.

dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Sonicguy001 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 pm
dryedmangoez wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:33 pm Amazing movie. It does what other post-series movies not often do and that is to serve as an epilogue that actually makes sense with respect to the series while also still being able to stand on its own.

extra awesome considering setting the movie as an epilogue wasn't the original plan!
Oh yes! That's right! They were able to do the necessary tweaks. But while watching, I was thinking how it honestly works better as an epilogue rather than something that randomly gets inserted into series continuity.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”