Zero-One Others: Vulcan & Valkyrie discussion thread

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:57 pm

★★★★★
11%
★★★★
No votes
★★★
22%
★★
22%
44%

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zero-One Others: Vulcan & Valkyrie discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Wow a homeless person in a Japanese show

I forgot about these soldier Humagears lol. Were they in the last one too? Oh, no fight. Also why throw away your powerups?

I don't understand how combining four intellects makes a dumb frankenstein...

I love it when Yaiba rides a bike

You'd think this discussion of AI freedom and stuff would be interesting, but this is some ponderous slow shit man.

What was your plan Yaiba?

Is that all we get from Serval Tiger? Come on! TOEIIIIII Did the Grip even come into play in her transformation?

Love college Yaiba

Yay Is is here!

I like the big leader of the soldier Humagear

There's some good concepts here. But I don't know if the writing is good enough to support it. For example, what the fuck does KR Metsuboujinrai want? It's hard to understand the stakes if the antagonist's intentions are so mysterious

Where did this forest glen appear? We were just by the lake weren't we?

What was that ending? Did Fuwa die? Not only was that not very entertaining, it felt like the writer didn't have very profound thoughts on the matter of AI. Were we supposed to get some significance from seeing the girl? The memory of the girl didn't seem to affect Yaiba's actions in any way. I guess that's why we didn't get any good stories with Vulcan or Valkyrie in general, the writer has no ideas for them. 2 stars, barely watchable. Does a disservice to the characters that everyone loves
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Zero-One Others: Vulcan & Valkyrie discussion thread

Post by Lunagel »

I'm sure the writer intended it to be deep, but it just comes off confusing and frankly a bit dull. Not really any redeeming features to it either, considering the new power ups only get like 5ish minutes each (probably less for Yaiba, more for Fuwa, OF COURSE)

Why was that little blonde girl haunting Yaiba anyway when she was her professor's hangup? I just don't understand.

Not worth a watch let alone a rewatch. 2/5
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The series' initial good ending got changed to a overglorified Old Yeller treatment because some bloodlust capitalist can't stop humping the military industrial complex and cleaning up this mess cost the lives of those manipulated by the humping.

I rate the entirety of Zero-One Others: Fuck everything/5

Also, fuck you, Yuya Takahashi.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Seriously what happened here lol? It's like the guy wanted to End of Evangelion fuck-the-fans Zero-One in the very end
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

It's a common problem with these post-show Rider movies where the plot seems to be thrown out the window. I really liked Zero-One, but God these last 2 movies were unpleasant to watch. It always happens without fail.

I wonder why Sentai Returns movies are usually able to be less shit. Is it because Sentai in general is less plot focused, so there's a lot less they have to suddenly go back on? I mean, most Rider shows wrap up nicely in a way that makes forcing more adventures in seem a really bad idea.
Last edited by HowlingSnail on Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe. The sentai returns stuff tend to be "Hey, you like these characters. You want to see more of them? Here's another wacky adventure that they go on"

Versus "We wrapped up this Rider story. Ummm... But here's more??? Or maybe sometimes it's a Gaiden?"
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

I think the problem comes from the fact that V-Cinemas try really hard to appear more "mature" (more blood). I remember that ever since the first Gaim Gaiden, these movies attempt more drama and killing five characters seems like an easy way to "raise the stakes".

The movie is not unwatchable in my opinion, but needs more time to develop its ideas. I think that the part that may cause more discomfort is the fact that we got 5 loved characters killed and in exchange we got two nobodies that I doubt we will see ever again, they don't even have names.
Rider Cure Man
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Masaki Suda
Favorite Band: Sub-Radio
My boom: Resident Evil
Quote: "Now, Count Your Sins"

Post by Rider Cure Man »

What was the significance of the seeing the girl in person normally when that happens it effects the main character but they did nothing with it just showing her face in the newspaper would have been better

Fuwa saw MetsubouJinari power in person before so why did go for Shooting Wolf instead of Rampage Vulan same with Rushing Cheetah instead of Lightning Hornet

This movie should have just been about Vulcan since Valkyrie barely did anything. it would have cool to see Lone Wolf and Justice Serval fight MetsubouJinari but no
''Please return that button to God'' - Keisuke Nago
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

I finally found a site to watch stuff on again and maybe the differing translations had something to do with it, but I really noticed that there was a major lack of logic with the plot. Everyone just kind of assumes the reasoning behind everyone else's actions, and there's a lot of vague philosophizing thrown in on top of it. Metsuboujinrai never does anything but give threats and attack people, yet they have Fuwa and Yaiba both infer meaning and motivation to it without knowing the full story of what happened to them. We as the viewers know about the Mass Brain system from the last movie, but it wasn't something Fuwa and Yaiba were made aware of in how Metsuboujinrai actually formed as a united consciousness.

Overall it made the whole story feel like a series of misunderstandings and pointless sacrifices for shock value. They leave it up in the air over Fuwa being dead or not at the end, but that's still a confirmed body count of four major characters for... pretty much no reason.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:12 am Overall it made the whole story feel like a series of misunderstandings and pointless sacrifices for shock value. They leave it up in the air over Fuwa being dead or not at the end, but that's still a confirmed body count of four major characters for... pretty much no reason.
Yep. Why even leave that ambiguous. Is there another movie coming that'll undo all this that got cancelled?
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Man, what a disappointment! I was utterly annoyed after watching the movie. Not Zero-One standard writing and again with trying to make AI into living beings..... It's just.... Bad.
At first, it seemed like it was mostly about Yua and then halfway through the movie, she gets hospitalized and ends up doing barely anything. The Serval Tiger upgrade was meaningless since that lasted for barely a minute, and not so good looking tbh. Seriously, Yua was better in the series. This movie was also supposed to be about Yua as well.... It was supposed to be her time to shine. But then Fuwa ends up hogging all the glory. Why? Why such discrimination towards strong female characters (Onore Toei!!!)??!!
It's too bad because I was really looking forward to this movie and the trailer seemed good too. But the result of it is barely any good.
Also, can we talk about Fuwa's death now? What is up with that? He seemed like he was fatally injured and then during the credits he walks in the hallway and fades into light..... This is so confusing... What am I supposed to believe?
I'd definitely prefer the RealxEyez movie to be the final ending for the series over this. They didn't have to make these 2 "Kamen Rider Zero Others" movies...
takenoko wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:35 am Yep. Why even leave that ambiguous. Is there another movie coming that'll undo all this that got cancelled?
If there's a movie like that, why would it get cancelled? Wouldn't people want to watch that? Are there too many people who hate Fuwa and MetsuboJinrai in the Zero-One staff? I know I would want watch that movie, although there's no guarantee that it won't be worse than the last two movies.....
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Looking back at the ZAIA arc, I am reminded that this writer does sometimes take a good thing and poop on it for no reason...
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

You know i kinda enjoy it.

But you know i grew up when Evagelion was airing on air so you know.. that says alot about me.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

they didn't kill Valkyrie. So once the Kamen Rider Female Trope didn't come true. I thought surely she was going to die in this. So to see her partner die instead is even better. It's weird though cause like he had the help of Zero One so you would THINK he was stronger than her. but he died anyways which is WEIRD cause she did just as much damage to thing as he did. So like yeah.

Anyways these afters films have felt like an Epilogue to everything that was going on in the background of the main series they didn't get a chance to explore. I am very happy with them and i am glad they got produced. Not everything needs to be crazy amazing all the time.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”