Kiramager series discussion and poll

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:10 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
64%
☆☆☆☆
36%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Poll: What's your opinion of Kiramager?

Post by takenoko »

BreadToku
Gabu

Re: Poll: What's your opinion of Kiramager?

Post by BreadToku »

It may not be over yet, but I'm pretty confident in saying this is going to be my new #1 Sentai. From very early on, this show has had an infectiously vibrant feeling that has been more or less consistent through the entire show. All sorts of classic or tried-and-true plots and cliches are done but with either a twist or fresh energy that always made it really entertaining. It really feels like the creators and the writers are intimately familiar with the franchise's long history, and whenever they make fun or goof around with it, it comes from a place of love and admiration for those tropes and cliches.

There were times where I thought I'd say I felt like a kid watching something amazing for the first, but the experience I got is more like the show is a friend who has watched just as much Sentai as I have, and wants to share these fun ideas they've got. It's just a really feel-good show that really resonated with me. I'm sure I'll dearly miss the entire cast once it's done (except maybe Mach).
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Isn't it a few weeks too soon to rate Kiramager? I want to talk about it after it's over. It's only got a handful of episodes left, but still, I want to wait till it finishes airing. So far, a 10/10! One of my top favorite out of the ones I've watched so far. Although my opinion might slightly change after watching the movies and finishing the seires.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I want to wait until it's over to see how they'll handle the endgame. That said, this isn't getting anything less than 4 stars
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

While it's not over yet, for now, it seems to be in my top 3 sentai with Goseiger and ToQger.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

I haven't been catching up but I can say I love it
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

This is definitely one of the better seasons in recent times
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Kiramager series discussion and poll

Post by takenoko »

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re: Kiramager series discussion and poll

Post by takenoko »

So before I wiped the poll (whoops) it had 7 five, 4 fours, and 1 two star. So an average of 4.42 stars of 5 (12 votes).
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

After ToQger end in 2015, this is the first series make me want to watch Sentai each week, with good cast and many comedy moments. It remind me about Go-Onger a lot. The weak of this series is the villain, feel plain and could be better.
Ninnin i give 1, Zyuoh give 2, Kyuranger and LuPat give 3, Ryusoulger give 2.5, so this series I give it 4.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, so Kyuu and LuPat on the same level? That kind of blows my mind a little lol
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

takenoko wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:09 pm Huh, so Kyuu and LuPat on the same level? That kind of blows my mind a little lol
I don't like Junko since Zyuohger, so no hype for LuPat at first. When I watched this series, I feel LuPat has many filler eps and boring villain. Some casts are not attract me (Touma, Kairi, Noel...), but the rest is okay. The main reason I give it 3 is the final arc, make me want to watch until the end, especially for the final ep to see how its end.

About Kyuranger, I don't like Lucky. However the plot of Kyuranger better than LuPat, since not many filler eps at all. The villains are also better. So with me, each series have their own problems, so I put both series same and around average.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah okay. Was just wondering what your reasoning was. I feel pretty differently, that's why I was surprised. I guess I like LuPat more than most lol
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Well I really liked it, gladly the Eureka-ing got a bit less over Time, even thou Takamichi's "Wonder" got slapped into so much Sentences, that you would thing he was trying to Duct Tape the Stratos Megazord back into shape after the Lost Galaxy Finale :lol:

All in all Kira had a great Cast, and was pretty light-hearted, but it knew it's boundaries, while it indeed was silly, humorous, and sometimes ridiculous, it never felt stupid or overdone (Yes not even the Cats :lol: ).

The obvious flaw is of course the lack of Villainy presence, prior to Yodonna this Part of the show was as stagnant as the waters in Yodomheim, and even she didn't fell that fleshed out in the end, with lots of wasted potential. Garuza and Kurantula (more like 8 Lives then Legs with his Name huh?) basically had a very similiar redemption Setup.

While I wasn't a Fan of the KiraMeijin Design, I'm glad they didn't do Mash-up combinations after that, the Joke-Combination with the Glue was good enough for that, so it was nice to have some individual Mecha's for a change, instead of a cluttered together Mess.

And always a big plus, that Jyuuru, while obviously as red was more integral to the Story, it didn't felt as overshadowing/focus shifting as lots of other Seasons had it. For Kira it felt evenly Spread, and most of the Character focused episodes were pretty great too.

My favourite Part of the Show without Question was Sena, enjoyed every second of her Screentime, and always sparkled when I saw a KirameiGreen Splash Art when starting the Episode, going to miss that huge smile :mrgreen:

So all things considered, I give it a 4,2 Stars, which still puts it pretty high on my List somewhere around 3-6?
(bit foggy on some Seasons, but definetly below Deka/Shinken for me)
It probably wouldn't have been as lighthearted with a more dark villain plot, but the great absence of it was lacking something.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

It was an awesome season! It had its weak points (villains, not enough character-focused episodes for some characters e.t.c.). But it was an over-all fun season for me. Loved the cast, the Kiramgers were all great. The story was pretty good. And I loved the finale a lot. :D :) Definitely one of the best seasons in the last 5-6 SS years. And just because I connected to the season a lot, I'll give it 5/5 stars.
Farr wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:13 am My favourite Part of the Show without Question was Sena, enjoyed every second of her Screentime, and always sparkled when I saw a KirameiGreen Splash Art when starting the Episode, going to miss that huge smile :mrgreen:
Yep, Sena was definitely one of my top favorite things about Kiramager. Her brilliantly huge smile and lively spirits certainly lit up the mood of Kiramger a lot. :D :D Gonna miss her tons!!! :mrgreen:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice