Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Saber 20 released

Post by Mighty Action X »

msf232 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm Mei and Yuri are going to be the main characters from now on, whether the showrunners like it or not
I agree with this. Yuri is far better as character than most of the introduced Riders and Mei is starting to become bearable and if I'll be honest, useful as an ally.
msf232 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm Ren making stupid faces. That's new...?
This is nothing new. His stupidity is without equal. There are a lot of characters from previous installments that everyone finds annoying but I still find bearable, even Akiko from W. I didn't mind her. Ren is the first for me. A character that regardless of what he does, whenever he appear in front of the camera, I want to skip that part.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

As long as we're correcting things, Yuuri has an extra u in it in Japanese. Yuri is a girl's name usually in Japan which means lily. I was going to put down Linda/Lynda as an example, but that'd be wrong since Japanese wouldn't even consider Yuri/Yuuri to be the same word

Because of old bad translation standards, the u's in Japanese tend to get dropped when westernized, which doesn't make sense since whether it's a long vowel or not changes the name and pronunciation in Japanese and are considered two different words
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

尾 o is tail 王 ou is king

里 sato is village, 砂糖 satou is sugar

顧問 komon is advisor, 肛門 koumon is asshole

小野 洋子 (ono youko) is Yoko Ono, 小野与子 (ono yoko) is an unfortunate name if you want to study abroad
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ono? more like Oh no!

I was trying to think of an English equivalent, but it feels like similar names in English usually differ by consonants than actually changing how many vowels there are
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

Ren... jesus fuck, what a one note character. easily the worst written.

agreed, the 4-way match was completely absurd.

I give mei's actress points for the beat up acting. wasn't expecting that from her. decent job.

the "stinger" scenes saved the ep, imo.

and is Yuuri a new rider, or another powerup for Touma? I wasn't sure.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:45 pm As long as we're correcting things, Yuuri has an extra u in it in Japanese. Yuri is a girl's name usually in Japan which means lily. I was going to put down Linda/Lynda as an example, but that'd be wrong since Japanese wouldn't even consider Yuri/Yuuri to be the same word
Yūri
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
deuxcolors
Adventure
Favorite series: KR Build
2nd Favorite Series: Zero One
Dreamy: Almost everyone is too damned pretty
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Tokusatsu, Voice Acting
Quote: We are all fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Type: INTP Architect
Instagram: deuxcolors

Post by deuxcolors »

What really sucks about this season so far (I'll keep my optimism considering the world we currently live in) is the fact that this season's premise has the bones to be an AWESOME story.
It's so annoying when you take a step back and look at all of it.
Knights in armor with spell books as their source of power. There is nothing bad in that premise.

But right now it is convoluted, poorly written, and just plain boring.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

deuxcolors wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:32 pm What really sucks about this season so far (I'll keep my optimism considering the world we currently live in) is the fact that this season's premise has the bones to be an AWESOME story.
It's so annoying when you take a step back and look at all of it.
Knights in armor with spell books as their source of power. There is nothing bad in that premise.

But right now it is convoluted, poorly written, and just plain boring.
Yeah, I agree. The premise is great and it's being wasted by flooding it with boring and moronic characters. I don't know what kind of curse is lingering in Fukuda that his creations so far are cast with subpar actors and directors that can't do well about it.
deuxcolors
Adventure
Favorite series: KR Build
2nd Favorite Series: Zero One
Dreamy: Almost everyone is too damned pretty
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Tokusatsu, Voice Acting
Quote: We are all fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Type: INTP Architect
Instagram: deuxcolors

Post by deuxcolors »

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:45 pm As long as we're correcting things, Yuuri has an extra u in it in Japanese. Yuri is a girl's name usually in Japan which means lily. I was going to put down Linda/Lynda as an example, but that'd be wrong since Japanese wouldn't even consider Yuri/Yuuri to be the same word

Because of old bad translation standards, the u's in Japanese tend to get dropped when westernized, which doesn't make sense since whether it's a long vowel or not changes the name and pronunciation in Japanese and are considered two different words
I get what you are saying about Yuri and Yuuri being two different words in Japanese, but a better westernized examples would be the names Michel/Michelle, Dominic/Dominique, Morgan/Morgane (masculine/feminine), and plenty others.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, those are good examples. Thanks!
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

Alright, we're officially back to stupid as the status quo :/

It's never a good thing when your comedic relief technically has more character development than anyone else in your main cast. Mei and Yuuri are stealing more of the lime-light as Touma gets increasingly one-note, and the villains are about as one-dimensional as it gets now. Desast has lost all his potential as a decent rival to just being an element of chaos, and whatshername from the Southern Base is probably just actually the Textbook Henchwoman Wonder Book the same way Yuuri is the Sword of Light. Add Ren's inability to look anything but constipated and utter lack of braincells and it's all a mess.

No disrespect to the hard work that goes into subbing all these, but I'm starting to really wonder if it'd be worth the trouble. Toei clearly doesn't give a damn about this season other than to shill more toys. I've never seen a Rider season so bad I gave up on it entirely, not even Ghost or Zi-O reached that true level of terrible, but this one might do it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:28 am No disrespect to the hard work that goes into subbing all these, but I'm starting to really wonder if it'd be worth the trouble. Toei clearly doesn't give a damn about this season other than to shill more toys. I've never seen a Rider season so bad I gave up on it entirely, not even Ghost or Zi-O reached that true level of terrible, but this one might do it.
Haha, you should have seen how mad I was Saturday night watching the raw. Man, some moments make me laugh, but it's so shallow and plot light
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 am
Dante ShadowRoadz wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:28 am No disrespect to the hard work that goes into subbing all these, but I'm starting to really wonder if it'd be worth the trouble. Toei clearly doesn't give a damn about this season other than to shill more toys. I've never seen a Rider season so bad I gave up on it entirely, not even Ghost or Zi-O reached that true level of terrible, but this one might do it.
Haha, you should have seen how mad I was Saturday night watching the raw. Man, some moments make me laugh, but it's so shallow and plot light
Add the writer to the mix and you can probably imagine how the translator must've felt towards Ghost.
Twilights_Bard

Post by Twilights_Bard »

So, Ren, really have to ask. When you see yourself, Desast, Random boss guy #whatever, and the MotW attacking Touma....it really makes you wonder what side your sorry dumbass is on. I mean honestly most people would have taken his toys away because he's obviously not ready to use them like a mature adult.

Rintaro, I don't think Touma believes you when Ren just teamed up with your very enemies to kill him, and that you and the bros have been picking more fights with him then the villains. And truth be told, when your 'representative' shows up to make sure that you aren't going to even consider Touma's words, it really sounds like she's hiding stuff from you.

Touma...I'm going to be honest. You're not getting through to Rintaro, you sound like a conspiracy theorist at this point. Just accept that they aren't on your side anymore. Bring up the humans turning into Megiddo, bring up that you and the Sword of Light have managed to save two of them.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure what Daishinji means when he said nothing reverberated from Touma's sword...and really wish it would have been brought up with a bit of explanation, even if it was 'So he really isn't interested?'

Storyline is starting to seriously lose it's welcome, mainly because it really isn't going anywhere. I'm trying not to be negative because it's never fun, but Mei and Yuuri seem more interesting, and they obviously feel like they want nothing to do with this plotline.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”