Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 46 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

4.64 / 5 stars (11 votes)

Touma, maybe transform before you fight the last boss

Oh good, Daishinji is still alive and he saves Ogami. I'd be pretty upset if rider dad got killed off. Oh maybe I spoke too soon

That spider move was pretty cool. Again, these mini bosses are great. Wow rapier guy has an amazing finisher

Hey this scene looks familiar. Isn't this how Cersei and her brother die in game of thrones?

Another reason they should have done adult Luna earlier. We could have had her and Mei have a friendship or some sort of relationship. That might have been fun. Instead we just have Mei telling Luna to get out of the dirt

Oh hey, this cool backstory where Storius was also a writer and was feeling pessismistic because everything is fated? That might have been good to know earlier. Storious was almost a character!

Not to overthink this, but doesn't Touma's viewpoint seem very much like the kind of thing totalitarian propoganda gives the people? "It doesn't matter if you have a role to play, find happiness in filling that role. Nevermind that free choice and individual representation is an illusion". Storious is a dick but he might have a point about the system needing a tear down

Also Touma's speech doesn't really address anything Storious said...

Why have the different friends that Touma made along the way when you can just have their swords and flash a second of flashback? That's just as good

Luna stumbling to an obvious green screen

Wow, that looks like a big hole that Storious and Touma are fighting by

Oh, it was a Chekov's hole. Touma falls in it lol

Edit:
The junction is pretty funny too. Poor sibling swordsmen, just tiny in the background of the shot
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: KR Saber 46 discussion thread

Post by TajadorCombo »

Hey Touma, did you know that there are entire novels that are about people finding meaning in their lives?

While I never thought of the totalitarian side, for me the whole speech was pathetic. However, I think they already touched the subject at the end of the first arc, back when Touma fought the Second Calibur/First Saber, so it doesn't surprise me that Touma's response was really superfluous and that basically avoided the matter as much as he could.

If only they introduced this aspect of Storius earlier, maybe he could have been a character. But, story wise, if everything was written before, was Storius destined to be bad all along? Did previous Luna not know that, even though she's supposed to? The more I think about it, the less makes sense.

The battles were OK, but I feel the writers are killing the characters just so they can justify a reset button like Build or Zi-O.

First time we get the whole dance in the ending. :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

So I'm working on the wiki and I can't help but notice that if next week is the last episode of Saber, what the heck is going to air August 29th?
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:02 am So I'm working on the wiki and I can't help but notice that if next week is the last episode of Saber, what the heck is going to air August 29th?
Maybe episode zero for Kamen rider Revice OR saber crossover to Revice episode
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am Snipped

I don't remember see that big hole when Storius talk to Luna in the previous episode...

I believe in the end all of them will still alive, since they have Yuri on the way healing them...

looking forward to see the last mini boss fight
TajadorCombo
Infinity

Post by TajadorCombo »

It seems that after 47 it comes an special episode. However it says nothing else. Maybe an epilogue with a brief cameo of Revice. I think Ghost did the same with Ex-Aid.
http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds- ... t-revealed
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Well, I'm a writer myself. If I find out that all my creations were pre-determined I'll also be upset.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I suppose that after 20 years of the same its difficult for the writers to come out with something original. Saber tried to divide the show into arcs and making it look more like an anime instead of the regular single story that we get in a kamen rider show however Zero-One did something similar but only had 1 or 2 arcs if I remember correctly. I will save some opinion and my final thoughts for the final episode but so far this one is a just "meh" kamen rider show.
Final Vent!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This episode was alright, except for the obvious flaws.... My favorite part was that they showed the full ending dance sequence for the first time and it's really enjoyable.

Btw, is anyone else annoyed by the fact how much the Shindai siblings are obsessed with each other? They basically acted like love interests in this episode, especially with the hand scene after their (apparent) defeat.

Ugh, Touma and Luna being like "I wanna see you...." and stuff is just so annoying... I mean, is that all there is to there relationship?
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am Touma, maybe transform before you fight the last boss
You'd expect him to be better at this point, but guess not....
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am Another reason they should have done adult Luna earlier. We could have had her and Mei have a friendship or some sort of relationship. That might have been fun. Instead we just have Mei telling Luna to get out of the dirt
I would've loved to see that. The lack of female characters(or adult female characters in this case) and good interactions between them in Rider reallly is a problem they should fix. In Saber more of interactions between adult Luna and Mei would've made things a bit better plot and character wise.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am Not to overthink this, but doesn't Touma's viewpoint seem very much like the kind of thing totalitarian propoganda gives the people? "It doesn't matter if you have a role to play, find happiness in filling that role. Nevermind that free choice and individual representation is an illusion". Storious is a dick but he might have a point about the system needing a tear down
One of the reasons why they shouldn't put too much complicated philosophy and psychology stuff in kids' shows. This is one way Sentai is better at than Rider and is more suitable for kids, imo. And the topic Saber chose is definitely not helping them at all. And if they do want to deal with these complicated topics and maybe appeal to adults, then at least do it in a decent way. Or else it will get screwed up and might even offend a few people.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:24 am Luna stumbling to an obvious green screen
Lol, exactly my thoughts. It didn't even take me any effort to recognize that green screen instantly. Man, that was done badly....

Ok, next week is the finale. Then what will happen on the week after? I thought Revice airs on Sep 5, then what happens on Aug 29?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Kurow wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:30 am I suppose that after 20 years of the same its difficult for the writers to come out with something original. Saber tried to divide the show into arcs and making it look more like an anime instead of the regular single story that we get in a kamen rider show however Zero-One did something similar but only had 1 or 2 arcs if I remember correctly. I will save some opinion and my final thoughts for the final episode but so far this one is a just "meh" kamen rider show.
You're right. Which is probably why they took a Head Writer without prior Toku under his name to spearhead Revice. Also, a Kamen Rider who split into two when he henshin is a nice way to expand the concept that was first used in Ex-Aid. Hopefully, this will turn out to be great. I mean Sentai had already come up with something fresh where they flipped the sequence of the two sides. In Zenkaiger, it's the Sentai that are gigantify while the villains used mechs.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I was surprised when I realized I was seeing the ending dance from more angles, but it felt nice eventually

So old man guy and Daishinji get a nice death scene, but turns out they didn't die after all
JUST EXHAUSTED
Reika and her brother get a similar scene... so did they die or not?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
TajadorCombo
Infinity

Post by TajadorCombo »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 am Btw, is anyone else annoyed by the fact how much the Shindai siblings are obsessed with each other? They basically acted like love interests in this episode, especially with the hand scene after their (apparent) defeat.
I'm personally tend to laugh at them or I get annoyed, it depends on the situation and my mood.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:06 am Ugh, Touma and Luna being like "I wanna see you...." and stuff is just so annoying... I mean, is that all there is to there relationship?
I think this is one of the main flaws for me in this season, one of the problems is that there has been only one episode where these two have spent a day together, and they had Kento with them so there's no really an episode where you can point that they are in love or something. I would like to compare it to Gaim, because in essence they're really similar. I'll put spoiler tag for those who haven't watched Gaim.
Spoiler
While I would not say they're my favorite couple in Kamen Rider, they spend time together during most of the season, while Touma and Luna have been just running after each other and that's their relationship. Another advantage that Gaim has over Saber is that both Kouta and Mai are adults, they are in age to be attracted to each other, meanwhile in Saber you have a little girl with a man that doubles her in height and almost triples her age, which has been the source of countless pedo jokes.

Lastly, just as Mai and Kouta, Touma and Luna will end together in their own world together, however I think in the latter it doesn't feel as something that they would like. The only thing that Luna has said about what she likes about Touma are his stories, while Touma hasn't said anything about what he likes in Luna, at least that I can remember, it's mostly guilt about what happened when he was a kid. On the other hand, Kouta and Mai have seen each other grow in one way or another so you can Imagine why they would like to be together. As I said, I'm not saying they're perfect, but seeing as Touma and Luna are taking the same path, I cannot not compare them.

Return to “Kamen Rider Saber”