Zenkaiger 09 released

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon May 17, 2021 12:30 am

☆☆☆☆☆
35%
☆☆☆☆
40%
☆☆☆
15%
☆☆
5%
5%

Total votes: 20
CaptainTalon449
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "This is our stage" -Kazuraba Kouta
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Zenkaiger 09 released

Post by CaptainTalon449 »

This episode of Zenkaiger is basically the equivalent of the people who are lining up outside of Target and Wal-Mart to buy Pokemon cards
MaskedRiderChris2020
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: The GARO franchise
2nd Favorite Series: Jyuuken Sentai Gekiranger
Dreamy: Reika Shindai (rawr)
Favorite Band: LOVEBITES
My boom: Necronomidol
Quote: "Is that gasoline, Mister Gideon?"
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by MaskedRiderChris2020 »

Me, I'm enjoying this series for what it is. It's silly and lighthearted, it doesn't take itself too seriously at all, and it's fun. All the stuff y'all are mentioning is for the most part valid, but honestly? I'm taking this at face value as something fun and silly to watch while waiting to see if Toei will do its usual next season. By that I mean they usually alternate between mediocre Kamen Rider/awesome Super Sentai and vice versa, though this season is a bit debatable in that realm to me. And for the love of little green apples, someone stifle that annoying parrot robot!!! Every time it sounds off I want to take a hammer to it! That's about the only thing I really dislike about this series.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I don't dislike this show, but it feels like they're trying to cram in as many themes/motifs/references/etc. as possible without stopping to consider if it makes sense. Newbie pirate's alternate modes are a perfect example - I thought using the "Ole" from Ohranger was very clever. But if you have a singing and dancing pirate, why would you not make Kyouryuuger his second mode?! Did they think it was too obvious? Either way, they're sure making that stunt actor earn his paycheck.

Yes, I liked that we got another human cast member. Yes, I like that we're balancing the genders out a bit. Yes, I'm annoyed that they wrote into her backstory that she's capable of designing her brother's armor but didn't bother to make one for herself. No. I'm not really a fan of the floating CGI twins.

In terms of tone and story elements, I'm getting a Go-Onger vibe. That was a series that was criticized by a lot of western fans for being too silly and the characters too one-dimensional. By the end of that series, it tied together little tidbits that may have seemed unimportant at first and had its share of serious moments. I think Zenkaiger is being a bit more blatant about its groundwork for future plot developments, but the show's in no hurry to get there and the characters are meant to be taken at face value.

takenoko wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:15 pm Either a lot of people are really smart, obsessed with gears, and sentai series, or one or both parents are currently the commanders in Tojitendo for one reason or another.
I'm leaning towards the last option. That fits right in with my pet theory is that Stacee and Kaito are going to turn out to be brothers or half-brothers.
Spoiler
After all, that would be yet another callback, this time to the creepy subplot in Abaranger where the little girl villain turned out to be the aged-up daughter of the main villain and AbareBlack's wife.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

3 almost 4 for me... I don't know I just don't like the singing and dancing stuff from the kaizoku.

They are making this show so Japanese that it will be almost impossible to make an American version (Power Rangers).
Final Vent!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Kurow wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am They are making this show so Japanese that it will be almost impossible to make an American version (Power Rangers).
That's okay. PR is apparently done adapting Sentai anyhow.
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

Kurow wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am 3 almost 4 for me... I don't know I just don't like the singing and dancing stuff from the kaizoku.

They are making this show so Japanese that it will be almost impossible to make an American version (Power Rangers).
Seeing as how Megaforce turned out to be even worse than Goseiger, that's probably for the better.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

TheNinjaDragon wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:26 pm
Kurow wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 am 3 almost 4 for me... I don't know I just don't like the singing and dancing stuff from the kaizoku.

Seeing as how Megaforce turned out to be even worse than Goseiger, that's probably for the better.
The sad part about that is that Power Rangers Battle for the Grid is a good fighting game made by Marvel vs Capcom EX players meanwhile Bandai just do Battle Arena BS games.
Final Vent!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

PHurricane wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am I don't dislike this show, but it feels like they're trying to cram in as many themes/motifs/references/etc. as possible without stopping to consider if it makes sense. Newbie pirate's alternate modes are a perfect example - I thought using the "Ole" from Ohranger was very clever. But if you have a singing and dancing pirate, why would you not make Kyouryuuger his second mode?! Did they think it was too obvious? Either way, they're sure making that stunt actor earn his paycheck.
[/spoiler]
That is probably because dinosaur theme is for Zenkai Jyuran so far they didn't have any overlapping themes Ohranger probably fit because it was not really fit a set theme like others and shinkenger was the only one with a samurai theme. Stacaesar probably represents all the evil rangers that might turn to good like Dragon Ranger or Abare Killer.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva

Post by windfall »

PHurricane wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am I don't dislike this show, but it feels like they're trying to cram in as many themes/motifs/references/etc. as possible without stopping to consider if it makes sense. Newbie pirate's alternate modes are a perfect example - I thought using the "Ole" from Ohranger was very clever. But if you have a singing and dancing pirate, why would you not make Kyouryuuger his second mode?! Did they think it was too obvious? Either way, they're sure making that stunt actor earn his paycheck.
I believe the prevailing theory is that both those seasons have a robo that changes hats.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

PHurricane wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:49 am Yes, I liked that we got another human cast member. Yes, I like that we're balancing the genders out a bit. Yes, I'm annoyed that they wrote into her backstory that she's capable of designing her brother's armor but didn't bother to make one for herself. No. I'm not really a fan of the floating CGI twins.
Ha, agreed on all points. I imagine the only reason they didn't go with Kyouryouger is because they already got a dinosaur tie-in with Zyuran.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

Design-wise, Pirates stealing from Pirates, good enough reason for me to rate this a 4 lol!, would have rated this a 5 if TsuuKai was an actual Gokaiger :P

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”