Zenkaiger 21 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:00 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
30%
☆☆☆☆
50%
☆☆☆
20%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 21 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.86 of 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: Gattai up the wazoo

Wow they got rid of the four pretty quickly today

I'm starting to recognize some of the stunt actors. I think the cop on the left holding Kaito is Zenkaizer's suit actor. Dang, wrong, the cop in the suit is Zenkaizer's suit actor. The cop on the left still looks familiar though... Anyone recognize him?

Love that Zox's mug shot is just him grinning maniacally.

I'm not familiar, are they dressed up as Lupin and one of his side characters?

Oh evil eyeliner is back

I was so sure that the twist would be Zox was the one with impostor Kaito. But why make this story interesting

At least some of the mirror fighting is good

Do kids understand the annoyance of printers being out of ink?

Oh hey, the four have some neat moves this time

Tom Hanks from Big was right. Fighting buildings is kind of boring

Wait... The writer of the show understands that Kaito and Zox are human... right?

I genuinely wonder how some of the twin stuff was done. Did they get actual twins, or was it mostly composites? Like I can totally see how they did the evil robos for instance

There were some good moments in this episode, but it felt like the whole copy premise could have been more fun and expanded upon? But I guess they had to introduce the new giant mecha somehow. 4 stars, but wish I could give it a 3.5 since there's like barely any story to latch onto to be begin with. Zenkaiger's funnish, but I'm not really finding anything in the characters or stories to engage in more than a shallow way
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Zenkaiger 21 discussion thread

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm I'm not familiar, are they dressed up as Lupin and one of his side characters?
oh, hey, they ARE dressed as Lupin and Jigen. neat.

I enjoyed watching the fake Kaito and Zox run around acting like buddies. fun juxtaposition to how Zox normally isn't a team player.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm Zenkaiger's funnish, but I'm not really finding anything in the characters or stories to engage in more than a shallow way
Stacee has more story going on ATM than the main cast does. i mean maybe his story will overlap into Kaito's story? i mean Kaito did say he hated seeing his families tech used for evil, so there is that.

the Tojitendo think that Flint made the Zenkaiju gears, but really it was from Kaito's parents, so, im hoping we see Flint as a target, only for them [the tojitendo] to learn that while she is good, she isnt THAT good.
wasnt really feeling that finisher though. and was expecting Zox to merge with the ship to be honest, and kaito transforming.
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm I was so sure that the twist would be Zox was the one with impostor Kaito. But why make this story interesting

Tom Hanks from Big was right. Fighting buildings is kind of boring

Wait... The writer of the show understands that Kaito and Zox are human... right?
I was also expecting Zox being with fake Kaito but I guess since he has to keep his promise of not messing with Earth he didn't do it.

I actually liked when they fought the buildings, it seemed like a smart way to make some Kaiju destruction to the city without implying they're killing people.

I wouldn't blame the writers so much, they have to work with what they have and I don't think there's a good explanation of Zox and Kaito combining that seemed logical
midorininger wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:57 pm the Tojitendo think that Flint made the Zenkaiju gears, but really it was from Kaito's parents, so, im hoping we see Flint as a target, only for them [the tojitendo] to learn that while she is good, she isnt THAT good.
wasnt really feeling that finisher though. and was expecting Zox to merge with the ship to be honest, and kaito transforming.
I'm not the best person to talk about this since I'm a Flint fanboy. but it's techinally Flint. Kaito's parents designed them, but the work of materializing them and making them compatible with Twokaiser was her responsibility. Even if Kaito's parents thought of an upgrade for Zenkaiser, they couldn't have predicted Twokaiser and its design.

I also didn't like the finisher, I would have preferred, as cliche as it is, just blasting every single weapon at max power.

Bandai has released a video about it, so if you wanna see all the functions it has I leave you the link
https://youtu.be/mLIaDU2tjXI
Spoiler
Zox actually combines with the ship
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm The writer of the show understands that Kaito and Zox are human... right?
Flint has some magical abilities that she used to transform Kaito and Zox into whatever she wishes (through those Gears, of course)
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This was funny but also quite mediocre.
Yatsude saying that Kaito is dumb that many times, lol. I don't think I've seen the Sentai protagonists being called idiots that many times in the same episode.
During the fight scenes when Kaito and and Zox were fighting the evil clones, I kept thinking, why MUST the real Kaito fight copy Kaito and real Zox fight the copy Zox? Can't they be a little smarter and have real Kaito fight copy Zox and real Zox fight copy Kaito? But I guess Sentai can't be that smart, or it's probably not Sentai at all...
Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:50 am I enjoyed watching the fake Kaito and Zox run around acting like buddies.
Yeah, that was quite fun to see. Those scenes where they steal stuff from different places were quite amusing.
The role call and posing with the copies were nice.
The part where Zox shinks to his brothers' size and form, was really cool too. Although this shrinking makes it very obvious why his brothers look like that in the first place. The screen behind Zox and Kaito even said "SD Twokaizer". Heh.
Did anyone else notice that at the beginning of the scene where Kaito and Zox were combing, Super Zenkaiser and the projection of Twokaizer behind them were doing the Kiramei Dance?
They finally realize at the end that it wouldn't have really mattered much if the copy Zox did bad things or not, since he was a pirate in the first place. At least the copy Zox was acting like a real pirate and having fun. What public image or reputation did Zox have to begin with anyways?
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm Oh evil eyeliner is back
What is even up with the eyeliner thing? Can't they just give the fake ones different clothes the whole time and not just for those scenes where they're stealing from different places? Why the "evil eyeliner" thing? What do you mean by it's back?
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm Wait... The writer of the show understands that Kaito and Zox are human... right?
Yeah, I was confused too. Like it might make sense that Zox combine with Kaito since he shifted his form to a totally different one, but Kaito shifting like that after he just grew giant, that makes very less sense. I mean Kaito is not in a mech, he's only grown giant and is just wearing an armor. And he didn't change his form completely like Zox did. So in the end, it is still Kaito's body underneath that. So doing any critical mvements and changes like that would be potentially harmful for him.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 pm 4 stars, but wish I could give it a 3.5 since there's like barely any story to latch onto to be begin with. Zenkaiger's funnish, but I'm not really finding anything in the characters or stories to engage in more than a shallow way
I totally get that. I mean, I like watching the episodes every week. They're fun and humorous, but I can't actually engage myself into Zenkaiger anymore than that. I can't exactly talk about it, cuz I forget about most of what happened a little bit after finishing the episode. There's nothing solid that will make me stick to the season yet. And there aren't enough episodes that focuses on the plot of the season so....
And I would also rate this episode a 3.5 but it's closer to a 3 than a 4, so I'm giving it a 3.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I just mean that when evil clones appear, they tend to give them heavy eye makeup to show they're evil. It's like the beards in Star Trek
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Kiramagers also did the evil eye makeup when they did the doubles episode.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

takenoko wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:23 am I just mean that when evil clones appear, they tend to give them heavy eye makeup to show they're evil.
Ok.....I get it.
resop2 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:14 am Kiramagers also did the evil eye makeup when they did the doubles episode.
Oh, I totally forgot about that, lol. :oops: Although, that was different, the make up was like a zombie kind of look. Here, it's literally just eyeliner that just makes them ugly and gross. Not the zombie kind of way, which I would've preferred. And why have the eyeliner appear later on, they didn't have them at the beginning, the same way they didn't have those evil red eyes on their helmets (again, why have them appear later on? :?: :? ) when the copies were just made. Not only the eyeliner thing, they also had female jewelry on them. Just because they stole the jewelry, doesn't mean they actually have to wear them as well... 😐😶😒 I'm sorry if I'm just rambling... I was just kinda annoyed by these clones' appearance.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

I think Flint needs to be a Ranger now that Zox is also transforming into a Mech. Because who will pilot their ship into Mech if he is unavailable.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”