Zenkaiger 23 discussion thread

Covid Sentai Singleranger
Forum rules

Zenkaiger Wiki Link

< Kiramei | Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger | DonBro >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:57 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆☆
43%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Zenkaiger 23 discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Zenkaiger's rating: 4.14 of 5 (7 votes)

Alt Title: What's that, Gege? Timmy fell down a well?!

I guess Kikainoids heal naturally like humans, if applying a bandage is the treatment for open wounds

Little sister in her engineer suit. They even put some grease stuff on her face

Wait, can Zox read Kaito's mind when they're combined? What a weird thing that is still

Weird that Stacee has a more interesting relationship with Kaito's grandmother than Kaito himself

Wow, they turned that hill on the Toei plot into an outdoor ramen place next to train tracks. Neat!

Not to get political, but in the newspaper, there's a headline that reads Anti-Kikainoid employment act (キカイノイド雇用対策法案)

Stacee and Kaito just get a room!

Some good gun fighting in this duel

Nice detail that Gaoon still has bandages and stuff on the next day

Wonder why Stacee is picking the rangers associated with Tsuukaizer?

Kaito combined with Zyuran looks weird

What is Super Tsuukai-Oh supposed to be? I admit that it's neat to not have predicted these combinations, but they're not exactly exciting me now that I'm seeing them

What was that scene of Zox saying he wouldn't fight even about? They beat Stacee and Kaito's just going to return home with his friends?

Oh shit, Gege... Your voice...

So Kaito's mom is just in Ijirude's lab... This writing just makes it hard for me to care about this show as a story. I think I'd prefer this show to be episodic, at least then they wouldn't set up expectations of a larger story

Despite the big epic battle between rivals and the good fight setup, because the relationship between Kaito and Stacee is relatively weak/non-existent, I just didn't really care about the stakes of the fight. Everything was technically well-done fightwise
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Zenkaiger 23 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

I thought this episode was quite good. Focused on the plot and fighting more, had more serious moments than goofy ones. So a better than other ones.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Alt Title: What's that, Gege? Timmy fell down a well?!
Man this title makes me wanna laugh and cry at the same time.... :| :|

So disinfectants/alcohol stings Kikainoids just as much as other living beings.... In my opinion, they are not doing well balancing the Kikainoids' story with them being machine and then again saying/showing that they are living beings with biological traits. Sigh I just ignore them for the most bit....

What were those SD twins counting? Were they somehow working out? :? :?: 🤔😮😯
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Little sister in her engineer suit.
I'm glad that they gave Flint a different outfit. I think it's unfair that she didn't get a different outfit in summer.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Wait, can Zox read Kaito's mind when they're combined? What a weird thing that is still
I thought that Zox could understand that Kaito was holding back and hesitating physically, since they were combined physically. Didn't think it had something to do with reading minds or anything.
Wow, did Zyuran just call Kaito handsome? Lol! Anyways, I like Zyuran and Kaito's relationship. It's something between an uncle and a best friend. But more like a best friend.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Weird that Stacee has a more interesting relationship with Kaito's grandmother than Kaito himself
That's probably because Kaito's interactions with Yatsude is quite normal just how normal it's supposed to be. But with Stacee it's not normal, because he somehow sees something familiar in Yatsude that makes her feel like family to Stacee. And we still don't know what is on Stacee's mind or why exactly he visits Yatsude in the first place. And of course, that increases the complexity of the character, so that's good.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Wonder why Stacee is picking the rangers associated with Tsuukaizer?
Probably so that they could get that big team fight with the Kikainoids and Zox? I actually liked that they used the gears related to Zox. But seriously, why can't the Kikainoids use gears from their own buckles, again? Do the buckles serve no other purpose except for appearance reasons?
I wish they would use The Zyuranger, Gaoranger, Magiranger, Boukenger and Gokaiger gears like they do with the other teams. So far, they barely ever used the powers from these teams(apart from the mechs and suit designs).
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Kaito combined with Zyuran looks weird
Yeah, too much Silver and red in there. Plus Zyuranger+Zyuranger is too much.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm They beat Stacee and Kaito's just going to return home with his friends?
They decided to settle things this time and not look back again. That's why Stacee said goodbye to Yatsude and everything else happened like this. Although I'm still not sure if that would be the last time he visits Yatsude before he either gets redeemed or destroyed.
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm Gege... Your voice...
Yep. I also almost cried when I saw what they did.... I mean if Gege is that important of a character who can talk, then why not get a different VA for him? Don't make the situation so ugly that all he does now is make noises like *gegege*! Man, they are just making this terrible!!!
takenoko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:57 pm So Kaito's mom is just in Ijirude's lab... This writing just makes it hard for me to care about this show as a story. I think I'd prefer this show to be episodic, at least then they wouldn't set up expectations of a larger story
Both Kaito parents are just in Ijirude's lab lying unconscious.... And now Ijirude brought out Kaito's mom when he needs to fix Stacee. This kinda scares me. Like, will they do physical damage to Kaito's parents so they can patch up Stacee or something, cuz it makes less sense any other way.... This is weird....
And now I've given up on expecting this show can give us a good or decent story. Because right after this important plot point in this episode, the next episode they take us to a SUPER GOOFY vacation episode! Seriously, way to destroy the hype!
This episode was quite good but seeing what they they did to Gege and the next episode being totally goofy just ruins a lot of what the episode tries to do. And therefore I won't give it a 5, but 4 stars.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

So my theory is (unless something I don't remember from the earlier episodes can contradict this)- Gege can only talk when he (it?) is sitting on Bokkowaus' shoulder (?), otherwise- he just makes these random sounds.

Flint looked good in that other outfit
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

No, Gege definitely got cut for his actor's extramarital stuff. It sucks
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:28 pm No, Gege definitely got cut for his actor's extramarital stuff. It sucks
Wasn't my point...?

That is obviously the case, but I was talking about a possible in-universe reason of why Gege would suddenly stop speaking
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
TajadorCombo
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Favorite Band: Band-Maid, BABYMETAL
My boom: Fighting games
Quote: I'm just a passing-through Kamen Rider, remember that
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by TajadorCombo »

I think Gege will speak again soon, they're just looking for a VA that sounds similarly enough, because he is definitely the one who will push the plot forward. I think we should expect a lot of fillers in the meantime.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

msf232 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:34 am So my theory is (unless something I don't remember from the earlier episodes can contradict this)- Gege can only talk when he (it?) is sitting on Bokkowaus' shoulder (?)
That's definitely not how it works in universe either. Because there was a time Gege told Stacee that he knows that Stacee helped the Zenkaigers indirectly defeat the MOTW. And during that conversation he was NOT sitting on Bokkowaus' shoulder. So that's not the explanation for sure.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
msf232
Faiz

Post by msf232 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:34 pm
msf232 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:34 am So my theory is (unless something I don't remember from the earlier episodes can contradict this)- Gege can only talk when he (it?) is sitting on Bokkowaus' shoulder (?)
That's definitely not how it works in universe either. Because there was a time Gege told Stacee that he knows that Stacee helped the Zenkaigers indirectly defeat the MOTW. And during that conversation he was NOT sitting on Bokkowaus' shoulder. So that's not the explanation for sure.
Ah, thanks for reminding
So they need to find a good reason quickly, if they do intend to not replace Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Finished:
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

def not the ending i was expecting, Ijurude lifting Kaito's parent out of cold sleep to "fix" Stacy was a twist i wasnt thinking about, mostly because i had written the parents off as dead, and their brains digitized.

although i guess we wont see stacy switch sides like i thought, but instead he'll play as a plot device to give Kaito a clue or gateway to his parents so i guess thats fine. but Super Zenkai Jyuraan didnt get a win in his premier episode. thats sucked for him.

Return to “Sentai-Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger”