Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Forum for talking about tokusatsu series created by Giga
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 32943
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Files released:
[T-N]Kyuusei_Sentai_Wakusaver_Full_OP[B9B66B3D].mp4
[T-N]Kyuusei_Sentai_Wakusaver_Season_2_Premiere[7A5DF303].mp4
[T-N]Kyuusei_Sentai_Wakusaver_Season_2_Teaser[B08C7F81].mp4
ViRGE
Save the life
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by ViRGE »

Honestly, I don't know if I can get very excited about Wakusaver season 2. Dinnovator was so well done that something on just par with Waku season 1 would be a step back.

Though I have to admit there are few things more Sentai (and more satisfying) than blowing up a quarry.:lol:

(And something seems different about Rajura in that close-up shot, but I can't quite put my finger on what)
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 am
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by resop2 »

If that really was Pink walking through a quarry with things blowing up around her (as opposed to well done special effects) then either she has way more balls than I have or they have upped their budget and hired a real pyrotechnics company.

While this would be good, they also need a lot of help in plot, pacing, and continuity. Hopefully, they will have longer episodes with more locations, more character interaction and development, and maintain the comedy bits. A headquarters would be a good touch, or a "Peach Pit" restaurant where they hang out in between battles.

I couldn't tell since it was a long shot, but has Pink gotten better eye makeup this time around?
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 32943
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by takenoko »

The makeup does seem a bit better in the trailer
Dellorandsupersentaj
7X
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

It makes the wakusavers more badass than the first season. Edited:this is akibaranger all over again.
Kurozuma
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm
Gender: Mzle

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Kurozuma »

They deffinetly make this look way less JAV and more regular cause Waku turned out to be too popular with Tokufans rather than JAV fans. This is why it looks more high budget. And was the season 2 porn ep announced or was Inright and they decided to remove porn from Wakusaver
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 am
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by resop2 »

Kurozuma wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 pm They deffinetly make this look way less JAV and more regular cause Waku turned out to be too popular with Tokufans rather than JAV fans. This is why it looks more high budget. And was the season 2 porn ep announced or was Inright and they decided to remove porn from Wakusaver
My assumption would be that Wakusaver S2 will also build to a pr0n release. While 620K views for their most viewed episode is impressive, this doesn't translate into huge money. I am sure that the pr0n is the cash cow of the franchise and they won't get rid of it.

As for higher budget, this might be they're learning from prior mistakes and desiring to make a more presentable product. Wakusaver S1 was not very good, but it was acceptable as a first effort.

Giga has not put anything up on their website about a pr0n tie-in for Wakusaver S2. However, in the teaser they mention that one of the male Wakusaver's might be quitting. If they replace him with a second female Wakusaver (thus making the series better than all sausage-fest Sentai's) and if the tie in pr0n is about her, then it would be understandable to not tip their hand until she debuts so they don't spoil her entrance.

As in Kampai Sentai After 5, they could make the second season really funny if ...
Spoiler
... the second female Wakusaver is super cute and moe and the remaining male Wakusaver's all fall embarrassingly in love with her, causing steam to come out of Pink's ears in jealousy.
Kurozuma
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm
Gender: Mzle

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Kurozuma »

resop2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:35 pm
Kurozuma wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 pm They deffinetly make this look way less JAV and more regular cause Waku turned out to be too popular with Tokufans rather than JAV fans. This is why it looks more high budget. And was the season 2 porn ep announced or was Inright and they decided to remove porn from Wakusaver
My assumption would be that Wakusaver S2 will also build to a pr0n release. While 620K views for their most viewed episode is impressive, this doesn't translate into huge money. I am sure that the pr0n is the cash cow of the franchise and they won't get rid of it.

As for higher budget, this might be they're learning from prior mistakes and desiring to make a more presentable product. Wakusaver S1 was not very good, but it was acceptable as a first effort.

Giga has not put anything up on their website about a pr0n tie-in for Wakusaver S2. However, in the teaser they mention that one of the male Wakusaver's might be quitting. If they replace him with a second female Wakusaver (thus making the series better than all sausage-fest Sentai's) and if the tie in pr0n is about her, then it would be understandable to not tip their hand until she debuts so they don't spoil her entrance.

As in Kampai Sentai After 5, they could make the second season really funny if ...
Spoiler
... the second female Wakusaver is super cute and moe and the remaining male Wakusaver's all fall embarrassingly in love with her, causing steam to come out of Pink's ears in jealousy.
I don’t think any of the original Waku will be replaced. They’ll definitely bring the one who wants to quit back somehow since the op has none of the new cast.
Dellorandsupersentaj
7X
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:23 pm
Gender: Male
Favorite series: zenkaiger and wakusaver
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Dreamy: Rajura
Favorite Actor?: Yume shinjo
Favorite Band: Jo1 and bts
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal
Location: Chernobyl (JK) i live in poland (jk i dont live in poland im an north American fan of toku)

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Dellorandsupersentaj »

Yui tenma looks slightly different in season 2 than she did in season 1
khunjuice
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:25 am

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by khunjuice »

i laugh so hard when i find this ads on Giga office twitter and how they use censor lol.

Image

https://twitter.com/giga_web/status/145 ... 54/photo/2

i know yellow is not AV actor so i wonder all the male actor that got face censor is none-AV actor? first i think they censor all the male but the male bad guy is not censor, so is he a AV actor?
User avatar
Lunagel
Bottle Shaker
Posts: 9913
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Location: Japan

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Lunagel »

Talent agencies are VERY strict with how their clients' images are used, even in promotional material. Likely they got permission from their agencies for image use in trailers and merchandise, but not permission for merchandise promotion. The AV actors/actresses all belong to the GIGA talent agency, so in-house use.
Kurozuma
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm
Gender: Mzle

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Kurozuma »

khunjuice wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:50 am i laugh so hard when i find this ads on Giga office twitter and how they use censor lol.

Image

https://twitter.com/giga_web/status/145 ... 54/photo/2

i know yellow is not AV actor so i wonder all the male actor that got face censor is none-AV actor? first i think they censor all the male but the male bad guy is not censor, so is he a AV actor?
Yes the male heroes in all giga properties are not JAV. Which is why they never appear in a special ep
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:25 am
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by resop2 »

Kurozuma wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 pm Yes the male heroes in all giga properties are not JAV. Which is why they never appear in a special ep
I thought that most of the male actors in Wakusaver were JAV guys but they might not be guys who work for Giga on JAV.
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 32943
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Gender: Toast
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by takenoko »

Think most of the guys on Wakusaver are just normal actors
Kurozuma
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm
Gender: Mzle

Re: Wakusaver Season 2 is coming + Full opening song

Post by Kurozuma »

resop2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:59 pm
Kurozuma wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 pm Yes the male heroes in all giga properties are not JAV. Which is why they never appear in a special ep
I thought that most of the male actors in Wakusaver were JAV guys but they might not be guys who work for Giga on JAV.
If they were JAV they would appear in the porn ep. Dinnovator guys are regular and Wataru ( the green one) himself said that he and Satoshi ( the blue one) are only in the youtube version. Same case with Kogaigers
Post Reply

Return to “Giga Tokusatsu”