Kamen Rider Revice 01 Discussion Thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:36 pm

★★★★★
72%
★★★★
17%
★★★
11%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 01 Discussion Thread

Post by DevGryphon »

Mandalori wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:44 am So the whole C&D would not apply on Revice, or is it forgotten?
Just my opinion on the matter, someone please correct me if I'm wrong: the C&D would still apply to Revice because it listed the Kamen Rider series, not just Saber.

My thoughts on the first episode

It was pretty good, kinda reminded me of how Zero-One started.
The Deadmans' bosses costumes make sense now that the main bad guy's stamp was found in Peru, doesn't mean that I like them though.
Loved the lack of fart jokes, that last episode of Saber was terrible because of them
Like the look of the Revice Driver, don't really like the look of Revi, too much pink
Holy crap, a Rider has a complete family that's not evil...yet?! About damn time!

All in all, 8.5 out of 10. Too much pink...
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

I was asking because Takenoko said the staff wasn't interested in doing Revice because the first episode failed to pick up their interest, not because of the C&D.
kuroblack
Go Go!

Post by kuroblack »

This feels like Wizard's "devil inside" with Ghost Buddy and the toy scheme of Ex-Aid with extra pink. I wonder, if they would add another Momos ... I mean Vices later.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Mandalori wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 am I was asking because Takenoko said the staff wasn't interested in doing Revice because the first episode failed to pick up their interest, not because of the C&D.
It's important to understand that a lot of thought went into whether to take that C&D seriously and that the conclusion wasn't as cut-and-dry as Take's recent summary post on the matter suggests.

There remains some debate as to the legitimacy of that letter, but even if it was fake, too many people were actively attacking TOEI and name dropping TV-N across social media, so it was becoming dangerous waters to continue with TOEI subbing. However, it was stated at the time that TV-N MAY return to doing TOEI material down the road once the heat was off and their Japanese team members were no longer at risk of imprisonment. And yes, as much as I love Akamatsu-sensei, the laws he helped create to crack down on manga piracy have had some pretty nasty consequences across the board for those trying to provide access for people living outside of Japan. Compaanies in Japan often turn a blind eye if it's not hurting business, but if you attack their honour or cause them financial losses, they can totally destroy your life using the copyright and trademark laws in place. And if you don't believe that Japanese copyrights are vicious, look at Tsuburaya's ongoing legal war and how much damage it's done to the industry over several decades: https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Ultraman_ ... g_Disputes

Now, has it been long enough for things to cool off? That's a matter of debate. I personally feel that it has enough for doing older, unlicensed Showa-era TOEI toku, but not enough for Reiwa-era unlicensed shows, especially with Zero-One being picked up recently. Still trying to get the crew to sub one or two of my favourite TOEI "oldies" that GUIS and others haven't picked up. But the good news is that a lot of groups are dropping raws of the Revice, so if Take and Luna decide to to work on it, they don't have to involve the Japanese members who (if I remember right) have been the main source of this group's raws over the past several years.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

kuroblack wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:30 am This feels like Wizard's "devil inside" with Ghost Buddy and the toy scheme of Ex-Aid with extra pink. I wonder, if they would add another Momos ... I mean Vices later.
Debatable, although hit would be interesting if they added an "angel inside" to give Ikki a second internal buddy to put up with.

More interestingly...
Spoiler
The writing seems to suggest that when you defeat someone's released inner demon, the person no longer has a devil in them - meaning the person is now pure of evil. It's more heavily apparent in episode 2 with how both victims are behaving before and after. I could really see that being the mid-season curve ball, especially if the sacrifices the Deadmans need are pure and free of an inner demon. Revice could inadvertently be helping the Deadmans achieve their goal.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Mandalori wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:43 am I was asking because Takenoko said the staff wasn't interested in doing Revice because the first episode failed to pick up their interest, not because of the C&D.
I mean, talk is cheap and free, after all lol. Nothing illegal with just talking
musique
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider/PGSM
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Favorite Band: Within Temptation
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Lolita Clothing

Post by musique »

takenoko wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 am
I mean, talk is cheap and free, after all lol. Nothing illegal with just talking
I'd be open to doing any job you need done to help out. I miss dropping by here for the weekly KR look around.
Cofieldjustice217
Quote: I love all quote
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Cofieldjustice217 »

Where can I download 50 episodes of kamen rider revice
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Elsewhere
Cofieldjustice217

Where can I go download episode 01 and other episodes
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Meow
Cofieldjustice217

When I watch the episode myself i kept wondering what vice mouth & teeth look like because I know will give me a creeps to see it

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”