Kamen Rider Revice 06 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:29 pm

★★★★★
22%
★★★★
56%
★★★
11%
★★
11%
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 06 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Rating for last episode: 4.14 / 5 stars (7 votes)

Alt Title: Kamen RIder Lawyer

Evil's fast attacks seem very video gamey

Ikki in his underwear already

Kids, buy ramune

Did I miss something. Why is Ikki taking on clients like he's a lawyer?

Oh, Vice can finally talk to the other characters

He can eat spicy food! He must be possessed by the devil! Honestly though, I thought Daiji and Ikki were getting along again. Is Daiji back on his jealous streak?

Maybe a baliff should have taken that lawyer in

Kick that old judge's ass

Wow Ikki's slight of hand thing came back at the end

Now Daiji is hanging out with the Deadmans?
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 06 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:29 pm Did I miss something. Why is Ikki taking on clients like he's a lawyer?
Glad I'm not the only one. They have no real reason to suspect Deadmans at first, so why is this lady coming to the local onsen to hire the Kamen Rider?

Has the costume department run out of money or something? 2 different characters this week naked or near-naked.

I have never wanted anyone to get a Rider Kick to the balls as much as that lawyer.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:29 pm < Previous
Wiki
Next >

Wow Ikki's slight of hand thing came back at the end

Now Daiji is hanging out with the Deadmans?
the demon that possessed Daiji is the one that hangout with deadmans - Kagero

which now explains on last episode where Daiji says he feels tired, Kagero is in control
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 am Has the costume department run out of money or something? 2 different characters this week naked or near-naked.
Oh that's no budget issue baby!
MaxHazard wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:02 am the demon that possessed Daiji is the one that hangout with deadmans - Kagero
There's a demon that hangs out with the Deadmans? I just remember the humans

Also, how cool is it that one of the commanders is doing undercover work with the sister? It feels like the Kamen RIder's friends are almost never targeted
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

this was kinda weak. fenix was all over the restaurant to nab the guy... but ikki goes solo to nab the stamp? wtf?? where is fenix rushing in to capture shit???

hoping this stumble isn't repetitive.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

the "client" Ikki had is because last week his dad posted that video with the thing on his head (while the sister looks at a receipt for the expensive stupid thing) where he asked everyone to come to him with Deadmans sightings, but everyone came to him with basic worries, ending with the youtuber's Grandpa showing up and showing them the dude's livestream which is how Ikki knew about the youtuber dude having a stamp.

and the reason Daiji and Ikki aren't getting along and Daiji is hanging out with the Deadmans is because it's NOT Daiji, it's a devil/demon either possessing his body or copying his appearance because he was born as a result of him somehow.

on another note, I can't believe it took until episode 6 for Ikki to tell his family about Vice. like, they see a second dude show up whenever he transforms, but he never tells them about him and this whole time whenever he talked to him, and his family thought he was talking to them, he'd always apologize as though he flipped out at them rather than explain he's talking to someone?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Connie_Edogawa wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:04 pm the "client" Ikki had is because last week his dad posted that video with the thing on his head (while the sister looks at a receipt for the expensive stupid thing) where he asked everyone to come to him with Deadmans sightings, but everyone came to him with basic worries, ending with the youtuber's Grandpa showing up and showing them the dude's livestream which is how Ikki knew about the youtuber dude having a stamp.

and the reason Daiji and Ikki aren't getting along and Daiji is hanging out with the Deadmans is because it's NOT Daiji, it's a devil/demon either possessing his body or copying his appearance because he was born as a result of him somehow.

on another note, I can't believe it took until episode 6 for Ikki to tell his family about Vice. like, they see a second dude show up whenever he transforms, but he never tells them about him and this whole time whenever he talked to him, and his family thought he was talking to them, he'd always apologize as though he flipped out at them rather than explain he's talking to someone?
Ah. Thanks for the explanation. I totally forgot about the dad's video
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 am
HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 am Has the costume department run out of money or something? 2 different characters this week naked or near-naked.
Oh that's no budget issue baby!
MaxHazard wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:02 am the demon that possessed Daiji is the one that hangout with deadmans - Kagero
There's a demon that hangs out with the Deadmans? I just remember the humans

Also, how cool is it that one of the commanders is doing undercover work with the sister? It feels like the Kamen RIder's friends are almost never targeted
George is the one that called him Demon (Akuma), pass him the driver then say that driver is suitable for demon.
more like deadmans possessed Daiji, remember earlier scene where nearly naked George ask Daiji who are you?

also there is scene was at the end of the episode, where Daiji is in black, then introduce himself as Kagero
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

That lawyer's so slimy I thought I saw the Ghostbusters stripping in the background.

I really hate the trope where a hero shows some interest or talent that suddenly becomes the key to resolving the episode and is never mentioned again. Hopefully the sleight of hand will actually be used again a few times.

It seems so strange that they're not hiding George's connection to Foundation X: Oh, here's a driver designed especially for demons. Why not go try it out for me?

The daily detective thing will hopefully not become a staple. I could appreciate it if they were doing it as tribute to W (with technically two riders that become one, it would work quite well), but so far it feels like Ghost all over again. I still feel bad for the cast of that train wreck...

I feel like the Deadmans targetting Ikki's family is a Fourze throwback. The brother is possessed, the sister will be forced to use a swit... I mean, vistamp, and they'll likely go after the mother or father next. There has to be a reason the mother's still in hospital, after all.

I feel like some aspects of the show are getting better (they're not even trying to display the text messages so they can be read at this point, so I guess they realised nobody cares), but a lot of other things still drag it down, such as the remix forms. At least Momota... I mean, Vice is starting to have a use beyond being an irritating child.

For the fifth ep in a row, I'm sticking with a solid 4. I've seen far, far worse (Hibiki, Ghost, Drive, and Saber from barrel bottom up), but the show hasn't quite hit a good stride for me. I have some hopes current developments will fix that by the first general's death (usually around ep 12 or so).
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Are people translating akuma as demons? Not quite got the same ring as "selling your soul to the devil"
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

When Megalodon showed up, I was like, "Where did this come from suddenly? Did I miss an episode?"
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

msf232 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:40 am When Megalodon showed up, I was like, "Where did this come from suddenly? Did I miss an episode?"
All the forms don't look any different to me. Not a fan of these designs
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

takenoko wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:09 pm Are people translating akuma as demons? Not quite got the same ring as "selling your soul to the devil"
I think Genm was using both demon and devil interchangeably based on context, but they're behind by two eps for some reason, so I'm stuck with IzuSubs (which isn't the best quality). The latter translated George's line at 2:28 to read "It's a driver well suited to demons." Most people don't know the difference between demon (from the Akkadian "daemon", meaning "guardian") and devil, which is a pity because in Japanese culture Oni can act good or evil, but aku is always evil - a rather succinct parallel to ancient Eurasian mythology. Making that distinction in the subs could really deepen the difference between Vice (who behaves more like an oni or daemon) and the MotW (which we've yet to see have any compassion or self-will and are always used for evil).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What's the context difference for demon/devil?
Ashki
Mega

Post by Ashki »

I'll have to go back and rewatch, but I believe they were referring to peoples' "inner demons" while sometimes referring to the Deadmans/rampaging MotWs as devils in at least a few places. Again, I'll have to rewatch the first few eps to be sure.

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”