Kamen Rider Revice 07 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm

★★★★★
29%
★★★★
43%
★★★
No votes
★★
29%
No votes

Total votes: 7
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 07 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Rating for last episode: 4.14 / 5 stars (7 votes)

Alt Title: Kamen RIder Tony Hawk

What is going on with Real Totsu West's commercial? Can we see that ninja lady in a toku?

Parkour! Parkour! Parkour!

How the heck did Kagero find the Deadman's lair anyway. Does that mean anyone can find these guys?

This epi[sode sponsored by Tekken

Brother is passed out on the bathroom floor and Ikki is like "oh that sleepyhead..."

What's wrong with this family. They want to go to an onsen on vacation when they already work at a bathhouse

Why is Daiji's devil completely different from Vice? Completely different powers and he has a human form unlike Vice

LOL at the nosey neighbors.

OMG at the Cheetah kool-aid manning through the wall. So ridiculous. I guess this design would be cool if not for the weird stinger on his butt

This story involving the high school kids is dumb since they never interact with Ikki until he figures out who Cheetah is anyway

Wasn't expecting a new Rider already. Spiderman is kinda cool looking. Much better than Evil which is super lame in my opinion. When was the last time we had the classic spider/bat pairing?

Man, good fight this time. Skateboard fighting was alright, if a bit CGI heavy. Oh Ikki, you were doing so well with not spouting a lame catchphrase, and you had to ruin it at the end

What's the rules for being a stage 2 Deadman before it becomes permanent? This guy was one for a week?

I thought Hiromi was the guy who stole the Vistamps originally? And George and the other guy know that Evil is Daiji right? It's a bit confusing as to who knows what
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 07 Discussion thread

Post by HowlingSnail »

That sure is a nice-looking FPS counter you've got on your PS4 game, kid. Actually, come to mention it, there's no PlayStation anywhere to be seen in his room.

Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
MaxHazard
Infinity

Post by MaxHazard »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:53 pm
I thought Hiromi was the guy who stole the Vistamps originally? And George and the other guy know that Evil is Daiji right? It's a bit confusing as to who knows what
Daiji is that steal the Vistamps, there is a scene on the last episode he throw away Hiromi's access card

Dont think Hiromi is that dumb to take his own access card to steal vistamps

so now we have venom and spiderman in kamen rider series

not to mention, the 3rd rider reminds me of spider imagin
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

The bat reminds me of Rogue from Build. I think it's the helmet.

and dear GOD the tribute to Ex-Aid in Jackal.

someone explain to me HOW THE FUCK was that a cheetah????
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Sinkuu wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:56 am someone explain to me HOW THE FUCK was that a cheetah????
It's fast like a cheetah, therefore it is a cheetah!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:16 am That sure is a nice-looking FPS counter you've got on your PS4 game, kid. Actually, come to mention it, there's no PlayStation anywhere to be seen in his room.
Maybe Sony didn't pay for the sponsorship so they took away the PS5
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tekken the series Emu played in Ex-Aid? also, fitting that it's the Mishimas on screen with all their devil nonsense. as for the FPS counter and lack of a playstation, kid's rich. maybe he just hooked his computer up to his TV for a bigger screen and connected his controlled to the PC?

love the design for Demons. the color scheme makes me think this might be the Build stamp, too. and based on the name, and how last episode the flashback to George handing "Daiji" his driver had him mention it was a belt made for devils, I have a theory on the differences between all three belts/riders.

Revice: designed for someone who has a devil but hasn't 100% submitted to it, designed to be able to reign the devil in and give them a form so they can fight together.

Evil: designed for someone who has lost control of themselves to their devil, usable by the devil but not the person perhaps?

Demons: designed for someone who either doesn't have a devil (he failed to become Revice, and then Revice defeated the deadmans he made as a result, so that means he no longer has one, right?) or knows they can't control one, so it lets them form a contract and borrow a devil's power, possibly Faustian bargain style and we'll see negative consequences to its use down the line?

as for who knows what, I don't know for sure yet if George and boss man know about Kagerou, but they definitely know Evil is Daiji, and given that they had the Demons driver sitting on the table ready to go when they had the dude take the Jackal stamp, I'm betting they're trying to manipulate everyone currently involved for their own ends, possibly in a way related to whatever is special about the 10 stamps George is after. if I had to make a guess right now, they're either secretly in league with the Deadmans and doing some kind of long con, or my old Fenix = Foundation X theory and they're a secondary antagonist who will be juggling bad guy duties between themselves and the Deadmans as the series goes on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Love the theory. Although that calls to question what exactly is a devil. Are they literal devil on the shoulder, whispering temptation and malice into people's ears. If so, does that mean Hiromi is now the most paragon guy around now? I never would have guessed that Hiromi would get to play as big a part as this. He really gives off a background character energy
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 amI never would have guessed that Hiromi would get to play as big a part as this. He really gives off a background character energy
it's still possible that's the case. if my theory is right, and the belt is there for anyone to use, merely borrowing power, then something could happen to him down the line and someone else takes up the belt, like
Spoiler
Birth back in OOO.
in which case it could be anything from "Daiji is saved from Kagerou and can no longer become Evil, and in an effort to atone he trains to become the new Demons" or "the belt is stolen by the bad guys" or even "being a kamen rider in this show becomes a full family affair and the sister gets to transform."

or we could all be wrong and he goes the distance, being third rider for the whole show, with how much that actually means coming down to how well the show is written. and we're still early enough in the series that it could live up to its potential or go the way of Ghost and Saber and take what could be a good idea and just fail to use it well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I wouldn't mind seeing a belt swapping Rider. At least for a little bit. This series seems to have a lot of good characters, so that might actually be intriguing
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

ok, so take this with a grain of salt, because I don't have a credible source, but someone I know in a discord server said that apparently Hiromi was supposed to die after failing to use the Revice driver in episode one, but they rewrote the script to keep him around, which would be an interesting parallel with them inventing Stacey in Zenkaiger just to be able to give his actor a role.

also, regardless of if that's true or not, we probably COULD have guessed he'd be a rider, since Ikki and Daiji have the whole "1 and 2" theme going with their names, and he's got "mi" in his name to make him number 3.
issa
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: "Mayonnaise is the greatest food in the world" -Kosuke Nitou
Type: ESTJ Supervisor

Post by issa »

takenoko wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:05 pm I wouldn't mind seeing a belt swapping Rider. At least for a little bit. This series seems to have a lot of good characters, so that might actually be intriguing
I like a pass-the-parcel themed belt idea, you only get to wear it till the music stops.

Also I'm pretty down with skateboard Vice. More riders should branch out from just riding bikes.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

BTW, the lead thief, Yutaro, is also playing Najimi on Komi Can't Communicate night drama that we're also subbing

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”