Kamen Rider Revice 14 Discussion thread

All that exists in my heart is cholesterol...

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:50 pm

★★★★★
67%
★★★★
22%
★★★
11%
★★
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kamen Rider Revice 14 Discussion thread

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last episode rating: 4.63 of 5 stars (8 votes)

I'm with Vice, who remembers the prosecutor from that one episode. I hated translating the sponsor text for the last episode, since it made it sound like this guy was Ikki's epic rival or something

LOL, kind of enjoying the goofy tone of this episode

The big kanji that what's his face sticks his hand into says Kari/hunt. Karizaki, you're so egotistical

Oh, Aguilera grew up in a cult. Also, nice dress!

Wow, nice face for Chameleon when he says Gracias Deadman

Hiromi, you have a cool suit, but you and little brother are so useless. How do you lose when you have the element of surprise

Kind of felt like a filler episode, but it was pretty fun though. 4/5 stars
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Kamen Rider Revice 14 Discussion thread

Post by Aeikozz »

:) Very good episode.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Great episode. No complaints so far. Almost at the end of our first arc of Revice. Not much has happened plot-wise, as expected I guess.

Was Aguilera human from the start? I thought she wasn't because they kept emphasizing the bride thing and hence I thought she wasn't human at first. Was the bride supposed to have a higher/different status than other sacrifices?

Any significance in not/revealing their identities as Kamen Riders in this world?

Did George really just hand over the actual Gifu stamp? I don't think it was explained as to what that thing is(probably kept for the Beyond Generations movie), but it sounds dangerous.... Why did George just hand it over, it's not like the Deadman held Hiromi hostage or anything....? And I'm pretty sure they could've saved Hiromi if Daiji wasn't just staring at them in horror without doing anything. That was dumb of Daiji.

So, does Sakura know that Julio is one of the deadmans? The last time I remember, Julio tried to pretend to be a student at the dojo Sakura trains at. Does she know already?

Lol, the fight between Ikki and Kudou to take his shoes off.... Man, Japanese people take the "no outside shoes inside" thing too seriously... Was this done on purpose so that kids can learn?

Which Rider's Transformation announcement starts with "My name is...."? Is there even a Rider like that? That could be a clue as to which Rider the Barid form is based upon....
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:50 pm I'm with Vice, who remembers the prosecutor from that one episode. I hated translating the sponsor text for the last episode since it made it sound like this guy was Ikki's epic rival or something
I didn't remember either. I could tell the doctor is going to be more than just a victim/MOTW, but I didn't know or care about the prosecutor guy. Also, what did the sponsor text say? I don't remember it correctly.
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:50 pm Oh, Aguilera grew up in a cult. Also, nice dress!
Hmm..... So basically she was raised to be the big baddie's bride like Glitter from ToQger.... Poor girl....
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:50 pm Wow, nice face for Chameleon when he says Gracias Deadman
Man, the casting for the chameleon guy is so freaking appropriate. I don't want to sound offensive or demeaning, but the actor for the chameleon/commander has this chameleon/animalistic resemblance on his face.
takenoko wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:50 pm
Kind of felt like a filler episode, but it was pretty fun though.
Hmm, weird. Sure, it had its goofy moments, but I thought some important things happened in this episode. Like revealing that the commander was killed in ep1 and it was just a Deadman impersonating him the whole time. Also, we learned that Aguilera is also just a sacrifice and not "the bride". We also got some backstory to her character. Are these not important enough things to not consider this a filler episode?
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>So, does Sakura know that Julio is one of the deadmans? The last time I remember, Julio tried to pretend to be a student at the dojo Sakura trains at. Does she know already?

He transformed in front of her during the spa ambush

> Was this done on purpose so that kids can learn?

It's a serious thing!

> Also, what did the sponsor text say? I don't remember it correctly.

It's just promoting the winter movie

>Man, the casting for the chameleon guy is so freaking appropriate. I don't want to sound offensive or demeaning, but the actor for the chameleon/commander has this chameleon/animalistic resemblance on his face.

He's cool. Really enjoyed him since Amazons

>Hmm, weird. Sure, it had its goofy moments, but I thought some important things happened in this episode. Like revealing that the commander was killed in ep1 and it was just a Deadman impersonating him the whole time. Also, we learned that Aguilera is also just a sacrifice and not "the bride". We also got some backstory to her character. Are these not important enough things to not consider this a filler episode?

Hmmm, maybe it just seemed like a filler because the two random guys were just out there stalling the heroes and the ceremony? I guess chameleon getting the Gifu stamp is pretty important
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Why in the world were Sakura's friends constantly going to her? I don't even know what to call that
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:29 am Which Rider's Transformation announcement starts with "My name is...."? Is there even a Rider like that? That could be a clue as to which Rider the Barid form is based upon....
I don't think Barid Rex is based on any past Rider. I'm pretty sure it's just original, like the base forms.
godstriker8
Infinity

Post by godstriker8 »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:29 am Lol, the fight between Ikki and Kudou to take his shoes off.... Man, Japanese people take the "no outside shoes inside" thing too seriously... Was this done on purpose so that kids can learn?

I believe it's because Ikki just spent the morning cleaning the bath house and this guy is making it dirty again.

Anyways, I have to say that the Chemeleon guy's face when he revealed himself was pure gold. His demented smile and voice was hilarious. Thank god they made an excuse to keep his human actor around still, since I wasn't a fan of how Evolt didn't really use his human form much in the later parts of Build.

Return to “Kamen Rider Revice”