DonBrothers 11 discussion thread

Put on your glasses and look at reality
Forum rules

DonBrothers Wiki Link

< Zenkai | Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers | King-Ohger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 29, 2022 7:27 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
14%
☆☆☆
29%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 14
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: DonBrothers 11 discussion thread

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Good episode. Not as humorous as it was intended to be, but still alright.

Whoa! I did not expect to hear the Nouto members doing the recap narration. But it did reveal some important information. Isn’t the Jyuuto taking the humans’ guise and replacing them in the human world closely similar to the plot from Lupin vs Pat? The mass disappearance, the replacing people are both similar to Lupin vs Pat… Although, the foot-soldiers are probably doing the same here, it seems. Or is it that the Anouni only disguise themselves as people and not replace someone in the human world and disguise themselves as that person. If this is the case, then the Jyuuto and Anouni aren’t doing the same thing.

Hmmm… -_- The origami part is creepy, though…

Jin is an informant for both the Nouto and the rangers… that’s a surprise. Although with how less information he reveals every time, he’s not much of an informant. And a bad one if so. He seems more like a person who gives warnings to everyone. I wonder what crime he committed….
So the Donbura sunglasses allow the rangers to see and travel freely between “the boundary of the Nouto world and human world” and their human world… That’s cool.

Cats, cranes and penguins… The animals are seemingly random… However, I read at Toei’s site that the animal they fold kinda reveals the rank of the Jyuuto. Rank B: cat, A: crane, and (again, randomly) S: Penguin. I understood that A is stronger than B. But I’m not sure if S is the strongest or weakest.

So the Jyuuto don’t act like the original person. As far as I can remember, this part is also similar to the Lupin vs Pat plot. Satoru’s replacement liked sweets and didn’t listen to music with his audio player, unlike Satoru. Although, if the Jyuuto who replaced Sayama-san isn’t like him, then why is he obsessed with catching Tsubasa?

Wow…. Tsubasa looks so happy in that flashback… literally like a different person. Different clothing style, different hair. And that facial expression makes me unable to recognize him as the same person.

To have Tsubasa’s character only about “Natsumi, Natsumi, Natsumi…” is getting old, honestly….

Ok, so Tsubasa does odd jobs for money. I almost wondered how he was eating or just was he stealing from people (yeah, they already proved that he doesn’t steal, but it’s a valid question)

Cool escape on the motorcycle.
Jyuutos do get their energy boost from meat…. I’m surprised they’re not showing them eat actual humans as food here. Given the writer’s reputation, I’m surprised the Jyuuto aren’t eating people… Yet.

What is UP with that recurring billboard ad? Do they want to keep reminding us that Anouni’s live in the Donbrothers’ world disguising themselves as humans?

At least the Jyuutos’s real form’s design is cool.

One more thing confirmed- Jyuutos can also travel between dimensions like the rangers and the Nouto.

Why did the Jyuuto put a cat origami in Tsubasa’s mouth? Why did Tsubasa not spit it out immediately? And what was that sudden energy surge in Tsubasa right after the paper was put in his mouth? A moment earlier, the Jyuuto was overpowering him. But right after that paper went in his mouth, he had a sudden energy boost, freed himself from the Jyuuto, and kicked him. SUPER SUSPICIOUS!!!!!! Craziest part- Tsubasa falling sick because of that piece of paper! Why? How???????

Clearly Tarou isn’t delivering any happiness in this order. He just delivered bitterness and mockery instead.Why does he even say that line every time? Clearly, neither that line, nor his motive is very successful- ever.

Momoi Tarou- the enemy of the optimists…. He caused the birth of a Hitotsuki thrice (or is it the 4th time?) with this one…. I wonder how many more he will cause…

Someone sick comes to Tsuyoshi for help, and he goes to Tarou for help? If he is ediocre, then e lacks common sense…. Tarou may be good at most things, but he ain’t a doctor.

The Shurikenki’s design is very cool….!

What’s wrong with Haruka? Who rings a doorbell that many times continuously?! It’s funny, though. Tarou can’t help, so sends all the “non-doctor” rangers over to help out the sick dude. Whatever can he do, though? Those two are the only people who are actually somewhat friendly with him, at the moment. So he can only ask them for help- regardless of whether or not they’ll be able to help him or not.

Tsuyoshi addressed their previous encounter in episode 5. That should mean Haruka remembers meeting both Tsuyoshi and Tsubasa, right?

With how obsessed Tsuyoshi is with his wife Miho (as seen in this episode and ep 8), I’m wondering if he ever stalked Miho….. He is even goes around showing Miho’s photo to someone he just met- 1st Tsubasa and now Haruka (right when he has more important things to worry about). Like he wants to show her off- “She’s mine!!!!’. Pretty annoying. Has he gone crazy in a moment of panic?

I am in a dilemma. Should I side with Haruka and think that it was ok for her to slap a sick person who tried to hug her, or should I think that she should’ve been more sympathetic towards him because he was hallucinating? But the weirdest part is- that she is slapping the same person who she agreed to date 6 episodes back, immediately after they met. Strangers back then, strangers still. Has she finally come to her senses and understood that it is not ok to have romantic interactions with a stranger? So, conclusion- I stand by my judgment instead of siding with Haruka or having sympathy for a sick Tsubasa.

Tsuyoshi’s idea is a bad one after all….. Because- Wow…. Tsubasa kicked her with full-force despite being sick…. Now Haruka slapping Tsubasa doesn’t look so bad. AND WHY DO THEY ALL KEEP KICKING/MISTREATING HER? First Tarou, now Tsubasa…. She tries to help, and what does she get in return? Terrible behavior, mostly involving her getting kicked and/or tossed away to the side! She deserves better! #JusticeForOniSister #JusticeForKitoHaruka She did NOT give up her manga career to be ill-treated by her comrades!

Also, why can’t Haruka and Tsubasa’s interactions be normal for ONCE?! In their first encounter, they’re dating each other right after they’ve met. And in their next encounter, they’re getting involved in physical fights with each other. What is wrong with them?!

Haruka is awfully worried about Tsubasa considering she just slapped him about 5 mins ago….

Oh, so they’re actively trying to hide their identities as Donbrothers…. I couldn’t tell until this episode….

Oh, so Haruka does remember the fact that she met Tsuyoshi before…. But I guess his face is too “Mr.mediocre” for her to remember.
Lol, that’s a funny doodle of Tsuyoshi’s face…

Why would Tarou tell the others to leave when he is having a hard time in the fight? I didn’t think he was that arrogant. And why would the others even listen to him? It’s their job to fight when monsters appear. And isn’t their duty as rangers more important than some sick fugitive?

Haruka really should’ve asked Tsuyoshi what the medicines are for before rushing into giving them to Tsubasa…. WHY IS SHE IN SUCH A HURRY?
Well, isn’t Haruka such a worrywart….. She’s worried about all her comrades even though she barely knows any of them…. And if she was worried about Tarou, then why did she leave the fight in the first place?

Shin’ichi says they’ll handle it but it doesn’t seem to me that they’re doing a great job at fighting or at nursing Tsubasa….
The three of their teamwork sucks…..

The Donbrothers keep putting stuff on their heads. First Donburi bowls.. now a wash basin full of salt… I wonder what else they’ll put on their heads next….

The jumping between the fight and nursing Tsubasa sucked….I hated it…

Well, that’s an amusing way of finding out their identities…..

Wow! The salt praying technique worked! Someone came and healed Tsubasa…. I wonder why whoever that being is in Miho/Natsumi’s body would heal Tsubasa….

Wait. So the other 4 are Tarou’s companions but he is not their companion? Is this companionship not a two-way thing in this case? If so, why not?

Looks like the dog and pheasant’s teamwork saved the day…

So, it was the sunglasses that saved them and not their helmets? Strange, Lol….

So, Tsubasa’s thing is to pick fights with everyone he meets? And it’s stupid that Tarou would say that to Inubrother right after he helped them take down the Hitotsuki….

Gotta love Haruka’s spiky metal club weapon….

Were those yellow, blue, and pink scribbles present in their wedding photos before or did they just appear in this scene for the first time?
What’s with the baby cries in the background of that final scene?

Despite my nitpicks, this episode was good because a lot of important information was revealed in this episode.

Next week, we finally get a (almost, excluding Tsubasa) full team transformation. With how the series was going, I was seriously doubting whether they’ll do that at all until the final episode.
takenoko wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:27 pm So is everyone in the bus dead except for Sayama or are they all possessed with the same type of Jyuto? Hopefully Inoue has a good answer for these questions and they're not a lame JJ Abrams mystery box
Sonoi specifically said that all the people that disappeared in that bus incident are alive in a previous episode. This makes it seem even more like that mass disappearance incident in Lupin vs. Pat.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Why did the Jyuuto put a cat origami in Tsubasa’s mouth?

Just realized, none of the rangers know about the origami, since Miho was the one who took it out of Tsubasa's mouth. How are they going to save Sayama?

>What’s wrong with Haruka? Who rings a doorbell that many times continuously?!

Oh, I didn't notice that. I guess that is a very high school thing to do

>Wait. So the other 4 are Tarou’s companions but he is not their companion? Is this companionship not a two-way thing in this case? If so, why not?

Momotarou and his companions/followers is how the fable goes!

>Were those yellow, blue, and pink scribbles present in their wedding photos before or did they just appear in this scene for the first time?

Confetti? Those are different from the photos Tsuyoshi showed Haruka at the beginning of the episode
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

They didn't show what medal they got from defeating wannabe ninja guy. It must be either Kakuranger or Hurricanger since they already have Ninninger.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:11 am They didn't show what medal they got from defeating wannabe ninja guy. It must be either Kakuranger or Hurricanger since they already have Ninninger.
No, it was Shurikenki, so Ninninger. Not sure where you got the idea they already have Ninninger.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

correct it was Ninninger, although the clones made me think it was going to be Kakuranger but when they guy turned into the monster, its easy to miss, but you DO see the teams logo swirl around them and then you know.
if the cop turns out to be Araranger because of the pork hence abrapink thatll be messed up.

but wow our first pink has a deep and scary plot line attached to him. nice!

i believe the reason Haruka/Onisister needs to pledge loyality to Tarou is because in the the story of MomoTaro, his allies were a talking dog monkey and pheasant, and they sought out to defeat oni. hence, Onisister needed to pledge her allegence
to Momoi Tarou.

perhaps the wife, as an existing jyoto doesnt want completion because she has claimed this land first? so she must undo anything her rivals do?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Just a quick correction it's Jyuto (獣人). If it helps for remembering it's Jyu/animal (Like ZyuRanger or Zyuohger) and To/person. BTW Nouto is brain+person
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

haha that's my fault, if its a word from the show i know is Japanese i don't bother to correct it, but ill do my best.
so what ... the enemy is just beast person. like i thought it was at least beast king, which would be "jyu oh" but i thought with different spells to be a pun or play on something else that has to do with said character(s).
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Theory about Miho I saw on RangerWiki:

Miho’s identity as the Crane Juto is an allusion to the Japanese folktale The Crane Wife (鶴女房 , Tsuru Nyōbō) where a man marries a woman who is actually a crane disguised in human form.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

kangchan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm Theory about Miho I saw on RangerWiki:

Miho’s identity as the Crane Juto is an allusion to the Japanese folktale The Crane Wife (鶴女房 , Tsuru Nyōbō) where a man marries a woman who is actually a crane disguised in human form.
Ohhhhh man that's probably right I didn't even think about that folktale cause let's be honest, they haven't been pulling much from Momotaro XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:51 pm
kangchan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm Theory about Miho I saw on RangerWiki:

Ohhhhh man that's probably right I didn't even think about that folktale cause let's be honest, they haven't been pulling much from Momotaro XD
momo, his dog, pheasant, and monkey, and oni sister and all their kibi points would beg to differ!

Return to “Avatarou Sentai DonBrothers”