Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Currently remastering with DVD rips
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Ryuki | Faiz | Blade >
m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Re: Kamen Rider 555 Series Discussion (Beware Spoilers inside)

Post by m4rc0 »

Yes, but I left him out because he was special and could use the belts I was talking about those who couldn't.

Sawada was Ruseiji too, but he was Orphenoc, so he could wear all belts. I left him out too.
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Mari
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Favorite Band: L'Arc~en~Ciel
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Anime cels

Post by Trium Shockwave »

Kaixa may be slightly unstable, or less perfect than Faiz. We saw how the "failure" belts the former CEO was attempting to develop underground acted. One of them injured Takuma when it was forced on him. If an imperfect belt can harm even a true Orphenoch, it's not hard to see why a slightly unstable belt might kill the Ryuuseiji. If we take into account that Delta tended to cause psychological issues, maybe Faiz was the only 100% successful belt.

As for why Mari got an error from Faiz, I just think she was the least successful of all the Orphenoch DNA experiments. While the others could activate the belts (even if it cost them their life), Mari was below the threshold. She had some Orphenoch DNA, just not enough. Mari tried Faiz twice, but she never tried Kaixa or Delta, so we really don't have evidence that they'll just "work for anyone." They could well have an even steeper activation requirement than Faiz given that they're stronger. I agree with those that don't believe the belts are DNA "locked". I think they need a certain amount of Orphenoch DNA in order to function, and Mari doesn't have enough.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

Trium Shockwave wrote:I think they need a certain amount of Orphenoch DNA in order to function, and Mari doesn't have enough.
Which is the DNA lock... No orphenoc DNA, no transformation.
Trium Shockwave wrote:While the others could activate the belts
Aside from Kusaka, who could use Kaixa without turning to dust, and Mari, no other Ryuseiji wore Faiz, so we can't say they could activate it.
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight

I'm really not sure what you're arguing with. The belts need Orphenoch DNA to work. Sawada had the most. Then Kusaka. Then the rest of the Ryuuseiji. This much is basically spelled out in the show. It's not much of a leap to surmise that Mari had less than the others, and therefore couldn't use the belts. The specifics of who used what belts doesn't matter, they all work the same. Orphenochs can use belts, most of the Ryuuseiji can use belts, Mari can't. Yes, she did have the procedure, but she was the least successful. That's all. Mystery of the belts solved.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

Kusaka was an exception. He had more cells than the others.

But the show didn't state that Mari had less than the other Ryuseiji. She didn't try to wear Kaixa and aside from Kusaka no other Ryuseiji tried to use Faiz, so yes it is much of a leap to surmise that she had less O-DNA than the others. Nobody knows if the other Ryuseiji could activate Faiz. Nor if Kaixa would work with Mari (or with normal humans, like Keitaro).

The backfire she had with Faiz was the same as Keitaro had. That points to Faiz backfiring always like that, unless the person had enough Orphenoc DNA.

Kaixa worked for people with a little of Orphenoc DNA, but killed them afterwards. No normal human wore it. Mari didn't try it.

Delta worked but was addictive. No normal human tried it.

Stating that the belts work the same is also speculation.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Everything you say is also speculation. Yours is just different from mine.

I say there's no such thing as "DNA Lock". The thing just doesn't work without Orphenoch cells.
Trium Shockwave's explanation as to why Mari got the ERROR is actually more plausible in my eyes.
Just accept that some people disagree with your assumptions, just that I'll have to accept you don't agree with mine.
m4rc0

Post by m4rc0 »

Dengar wrote:I say there's no such thing as "DNA Lock". The thing just doesn't work without Orphenoch cells.
Which is the "DNA lock". Orphenoc cells -> Orphenoc DNA. But you are focusing too much on the terms. Maybe it doesn't use the DNA to differentiate between human an Orphenoc cells. But then again, using DNA is a sure method. I am no biologist, so I can't say if there is a way to differentiate the cells of a man from the cells of a dog apart from the DNA...

About Delta I have no speculations it IS a plot hole. They didn't explain why Mihara and the girl weren't affected. I didn't try to theorize why.

About Mari, I speculated, but the difference is that I'm not trying to put Mari in a different "class" as the other Ryuseiji. The show only puts Kusaka and Sawada aside. So I make all my assumptions based on the theory that the failed ones were all in equal footing. I am basing my speculations on what has actually been shown.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

Maybe the Belt corrupts minds that already have a mindset of power in themselves (Masato sure has that). If a person that is pure/kind, they won't go mad. Which could also explain why she only offered the Delta Belt to Takumi.
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight

This discussion is going in circles. Everything has been explained already, by multiple people. If m4rc0 still thinks the belts are full of plot holes, that's his opinion.

I'm more interested in Smart Lady (who isn't?). Was she an Orphenoch? Was she human? Was she something else entirely, like a cyborg or bioroid created by Murakami? If she was an Orphenoch, why didn't she ever show any signs of her power? Was she just too dainty to get her own hands dirty?
KamenRiderIon
Infinity

Post by KamenRiderIon »

Nothing to see here.
Last edited by KamenRiderIon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight

I think Murakami explained that a bit the first time we saw him do such a thing. I can't remember what it was he said though.

Kitazaki's clothes, I have 3 possibilities:

1. He's lying about not being able to control it just to freak out Takuma
2. Smart Brain managed to engineer some special clothes for him, though it looks like he only asked for one set and never washes them
3. Having him run around naked is too much even for Japanese TV :D
Wolf-man
7X

Post by Wolf-man »

Also if you want to be that nit-picky then you might as well say things like "He shouldn't be able to sit on chairs" or "He shouldn't be able to stand because he would fall through the floor" I mean there are certain things we have to accept like you know an evil company run by monsters. :mrgreen:
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Favorite Band: GACKT
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by mateo360 »

Wolf-man wrote:Also if you want to be that nit-picky then you might as well say things like "He shouldn't be able to sit on chairs" or "He shouldn't be able to stand because he would fall through the floor" I mean there are certain things we have to accept like you know an evil company run by monsters. :mrgreen:
You have a point there. Being even more nit-picky, should he have hair with that power?
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Hair is part of your body.
Trium Shockwave
Kamen Knight

More so than clothes, the thing that seemed to make least sense with Kitazaki was food. We know he ate. At one point we see his leftovers crumble to dust in the bar after he'd left. But why does the food not crumble to dust before he digests and metabolizes it? Is it just his skin that destroys things, but internal tissues like the mouth and digestive tract don't do it?

Return to “Kamen Rider 555”