The HD and SD problem.

Ask all tech support and help questions for playing our videos here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
First, check to make sure your file is complete by running it through RapidCRC or checking it with a torrent. If it's incomplete, the torrent will fill in the broken parts.

Don't use Quicktime, Realmedia, or WMP to play our files. Basically, they suck, and you're going to have a bad time.

Use VLC, Gom Player, or Media Player Classic with some codec packs installed.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

The HD and SD problem.

Post by SilverFire »

Correct me if I'm wrong but "SD" stands for Soft Dub and "HD" stands for Hard Dub? SO by that logic If I download a HD file the Subs are part of the video period. I can't turn on or off subs. SD allows me to turn on or off subs.
SO here is my issue, I download SD subs because the subs appear when I watch the downloaded show on Real Player and my 360 which is what I want. But a HD sub won't show the subs on ether. I don't know how to turn on or off subs and shouldn't the subs appear on the HD and choice of turning on or off subs appear on the SD? (Or do I got it all backwards?) Now consider your Dairanger subs, the Torrent section doesn't show whether the Dairanger subs are SD or HD yet the subs appears when I play the subs on Real Player or my 360.
SO in my case I want the show with the subs on always, so I should continue downloading SD's? Or is the option of turning on or off subs so easy that I could download ether one and be good???
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Re: The HD and SD problem.

Post by ReversedSentai »

SD = Standard Definition. The video resolution is lower, so the quality of the video isn't as high as the HD.

HD = High Definition. Higher resolution, so the quality is a big improvement on the SD, but it will take up at least 100MB more on your hard drive than a SD video.

We don't do softsubs, so trying to turn off the subs is useless.

Also, the DaiRanger episodes were all DVD episodes, so they're in SD with the exception of the 720p and 1080p movie that were released outside the batch. The only form of DVD releases with HD is Blu-Ray.
SilverFire
Adventure
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: MBI Juspion
Dreamy: Tammy from Shaider NG
Favorite Actor?: Keji Ohba
Favorite Band: Crush 40
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: People piloting giant robots
Quote: Now, count up your sins.

Re: The HD and SD problem.

Post by SilverFire »

ReversedSentai wrote:SD = Standard Definition. The video resolution is lower, so the quality of the video isn't as high as the HD.

HD = High Definition. Higher resolution, so the quality is a big improvement on the SD, but it will take up at least 100MB more on your hard drive than a SD video.

We don't do softsubs, so trying to turn off the subs is useless.

Also, the DaiRanger episodes were all DVD episodes, so they're in SD with the exception of the 720p and 1080p movie that were released outside the batch. The only form of DVD releases with HD is Blu-Ray.

*Head hits desk!* This whole time I could've been downloading HD Goseiger subs (since the SD subs are only one seed)! Well you've answered my question perfectly. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :D

Return to “Playback Help”