How to download and watch our subs on an iphone?

Ask all tech support and help questions for downloading here. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE YOUR QUESTION WILL BE SOLVED!
Forum rules
If you're using Peerblock, you'll need to add our IP to the exception list when torrenting.

We don't ban IPs, so if you're having trouble yet see other people downloading okay, it's probably on your end.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Does anyone know?

Question submitted through our new official tumblr:
http://tvnihonsubs.tumblr.com/post/1332 ... n-a-iphone
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: How to download and watch our subs on an iphone?

Post by Dengar »

Yes, you can. There's several ways. The most straightforward method is to use an app like VLC. You can use iTunes to drop the subs into VLC, or use an app like dropbox to transfer the files to your phone.

Obviously this will fill up you phone's memory very fast, so while straightforward, it's not the most optimal method.

Another way to view videos on your phone is to stream them directly from your computer. This will not download the videos to your phone, and therefore save space. This is the method I use. To do it, you need a media server. I myself use Plex (https://plex.tv/). Installing the media server on your computer is free, and the iPhone app is free as well. There's several ways to store your videos too. You can store them as "home videos", or as "series". It will only do the latter if it's able to cross reference the files with an online database though. Storing them as home videos always works.

Note that unless you log in with an account that has permission to access your media server, you can only access the media server when the client (like your phone) is on the same network. You can also use it to stream your files to other computers (including across the internet, if you log them in on an account that has permission), and even consoles and other networked devices.
FirenOh
Vaglass
Vaglass
Favorite series: Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Actor?: Mio Kudo
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hoshimachi Suisei
Type: INTP Architect

Post by FirenOh »

Yeah, I basically drop videos into iTunes within the "Home Videos" section on my desktop and then sync my iphone with it. Not sure if this feature is also available on Windows, but it seems to work fine on my Mac. But, like Dengar said, the files take up a bunch of space, so usually have to delete them after I'm done.
"Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire." -Walt Whitman
Yes, you are certain Walt Whitman said that. One hundred percent positive.
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

FirenOh wrote:Yeah, I basically drop videos into iTunes within the "Home Videos" section on my desktop and then sync my iphone with it. Not sure if this feature is also available on Windows, but it seems to work fine on my Mac. But, like Dengar said, the files take up a bunch of space, so usually have to delete them after I'm done.
That works best but if you want to go directly on your phone, the site m.zbigz.com works good. It's a site that can let you download a torrent on your phone. You need to open the site in a download app (I recommend an app that can also play different types of video files).

The biggest downside is that you need to get a subscription to download torrents if you want to download torrents over 1GB. For those, go with the previous method.
prsentai
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club

Post by prsentai »

There are TONS of download manager apps on the App Store that'll allow you to download any of the files in the DDL section directly to your phone, and play them as well if they're .mp4 considering that's one of iOS's supported formats. If not, you can download VLC like what was said to play the .avi files.

If you're jailbroken, you can torrent directly to your phone using iTransmission (available through Cydia). Or if you're using your computer, jailbroken or not, you could always upload files to Google Drive and watch them through the app on your phone. Once videos (of any format except x265 codecs as of now) are uploaded, Drive automatically converts them to be stream-ready. And by stream-ready I mean YouTube style choices of 144p - whatever depending on your data connection. I've tried all of these, though personally I'm using the Drive option as of now.
Kiva Jyu Fly Ken Tatsulot

Return to “Downloads & Site Help”