4%
☆ Faust
4%

Total votes: 25
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Re: Ratings Poll: Ultraman Nexus

Post by mholden020 »

I saw Nexus was on Crunchyroll and decided to watch it as my first Ultraman series, and I can't help but think I watched something totally different from everyone else that gave this series a good rating. Every single story arc that was introduced is a common television story arc and none of them were worked up to be special in some way, which pretty much spoiled the end of each story arc for me when it started. Even the ending twist with the Night Raider member was a complete miss because the character involved was nothing more than a background extra for the 30-something episodes prior to that. I did read that the series got cancelled early, but it seems like they dropped some episodes that would have really helped make it a little more exciting.

Luckily, Crunchyroll has a few Ultra series available and I've since moved on to another one to give it another shot. Nexus gets a 2/5 from me because I refuse to give any series that wasn't a total disaster a 1/5. Even though everything after Himeya was a grind for me, the show wasn't cobbled together and there was effort put into the show.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger

Return to “Ultraman Nexus”