Re: A better work/fansub/life balance?

Post by takenoko »

Or infamous!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If feel like if you know where to market, you'd be able to get a bit.

I'm always surprised at the number of people trying to get obscure shit translated. A Brazilian guy I worked with when I was at the RIKEN was a single dad and made tonnes of extra cash making english subtitles for JAV movies for people.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Do my translations make you horny, baby?!
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

I would not call this advice but rather offering an option. If you feel like you want to get off doing what you like, then you might want to give Superlife a try. It’s a MLM Company and it is legit. My friend had been using it since she could not do any job. Plus, housewives and students who in If you want to know what they do and what you should do, give this video a try. It’s a recorded meeting using ZOOM. Just a heads up, the video is not aimed for KIDS. Youtube automatically mislabelled that since the COPPA issue last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQ0i5T ... .MahaDevan

Now before anyone start condemning me for not wanting a job that earns money legally from hard work, sweat and tears, hear me out. A lot of companies in my country are quite demanding with their conditions. A very common condition is the years of experience in the field, know certain language, and well verse in some programs and like that. And yet, there’s about 10% of the people applying for a job had working experience while like more than 60% are those who aren’t so active during their college time and 30% are doing all kinds of extra curricular activities.
Truly enough, regardless in which countries you are in, there are people unemployed or laid off from work. With covid still lurking around and cases going up, business had been affected and people get laid off from work. On top of that, the employers took time in processing the applications by the applicants and nobody knows who gets call from the shortlisted and when the position is already closed and all that. Another option is to start a new business and be a job creator but that’s takes capital, some researching about what you want to sell, the demand and so on. Surely enough people need to find immediate income, no matter how small it is. Superlife is just an option in which you can try to gain income, no heavy requirement for skills. You can still do it part time while keeping your current job. Its all up to you on what you want to do. Watching that video is free and only takes your time to understand the rough idea (first 40 minutes is enough, the remaining time are testimonies) what is Superlife and how you get income. If anyone is interested, you can pm me.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I'm sorry, there is no such thing as a legit MLM company.

Take (and/or xiiliea), if I weren't just laid off from my job, I would've loved to commission you for some translation work.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i actually use to work part time / full time jobs all the time. but then i fell into the rideshare market. From Uber to Lyft, To Instacart and Doordash. They pay most of my funds nowadays. I just don't like hitting time clocks. I like being able to work when i want to not when i'm required to.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i used to work 12+ hour days for about 3 years. when id get home id have no time for myself and just crammed everything into weekends. that was sucky too because there was no time to rest really. my current job, which i started in march, changed my life. getting home at 4 in the afternoon and having HOURS to myself to do whatever each day is great. so to manage my new found free time, i stream during the week after work, i used to do this on weekends but no longer. and with my state open again, i can get back into working out, which has been out of my life for a good 5 years.
but on weekends, other than laundry, i try to do nothing, and make every attempt to be off the computer, since i feel i spend too much time on it, but liking anime ... well ... the good stuff is on the net not regular TV.

my advice to you is select a day where you do nothing that you normally do. even if its just sitting on the couch playing videogames all day or just going out somewhere and talking a walk through a park, itll break up the usual normal.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow midorininger, I'm really glad you're no longer working 12+ hour days. I guess I do spend a lot of time in front of the computer. I'll take your advice to heart and think about maybe taking a break more. Thanks!
Clollin
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Clollin »

I'm not qualified to give advice either. I've been watching your subs since 2005 but re-joined the forum just to comment on this.

I would say:

Do as much as you can do at any given time.

I used to work [only] 8 hrs a day but then spend another 12 hrs a day doing other stuff.

Now, I can only force myself to do stuff for like 20-60 minutes a day. It's horrible. I don't recommend it. I gradually deteriorated to this state and want to ramp up my activity again.

So always do as much as you can on each given day, because it's a slippery slope.

Quitting a job won't automatically give you more time for fansubbing.. it might just decrease how much you do each day.. and decrease the amount of money available to you. Just speaking for myself. Hopefully you're a better man than me. =(
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Hmmm, maybe. I honestly can't say I'll quit my job and that'll definitely motivate me to work on fansubs more. But right now, with how things are going at work in response to corona, I feel like I leave it physically too tired to do anything else afterward
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

For those of you who worked extra hours, did you guys at least have dinner to fill yourselves up before going back to work?

When I was working at a printing company, I was very workaholic. After my lunch hour from 1:00pm to 2:00pm, I sat at my office desk kept working until 6:00pm. 6:00pm is usually the time when I finished work. But, I constantly had to work extra hours until either 10:00pm or 12:30am at most. I didn't even have dinner to feed myself until I finally finished work for the day.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

In California, if you work a full day you get a mandatory lunch/dinner break and two 15 minute breaks, not sure what the law is like where you are
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Ah. That explains it. United States having no government minimum paid time off sucks. When I worked for the CDC we only got 10 paid days a year.

Most places I've worked it's at least 20 with accruement.
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

The law in HK here doesn't care too much except the mandatory one hour lunch break. If you work extra hours, you're all on your own to arrange your dinner schedule.

I did have a two 15 minutes break. I mostly spent 2 minutes to relax and refill my water bottle before going back to work. That's it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Catastrophe wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:35 pm Ah. That explains it. United States having no government minimum paid time off sucks. When I worked for the CDC we only got 10 paid days a year.
I'd love to have 20 off. For our system we get paid holidays (if you're a full timer), a few days of flex holiday (if you're a full timer), but the rest has to come out of your vacation hours if you want a day off.

I just did the math, if I work all my hours I get about 15 days of vacation time per year. Huh, didn't know that

Return to “Off Topic”