80+
1%

Total votes: 92
faizinmotion
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

New To TV-Nihon...sort of.

Post by faizinmotion »

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, but not to the fan subs.

It feels like the end of a long era when Toei comes after TVNihon and thus implicates other fan subbing groups in the process with the cease and desist letter that was sent out. I joined today wanting to give this place a chance this time.

These days we're all on Discord so forums have largely seen no use in years ever since. It's nice to see that this place still has discussions going.

ABOUT ME
I have been part of the tokusatsu community since 2009. At some point I learned about Kamen Rider, especially during Decade's airing; a clip of him showing off a then-new ability he acquired piqued my interest and that's on top of the sound effects of said ability.

Today, I don't watch much tokusatsu unless it REALLY interests me. That said, last year, I downloaded the torrents for Transformers Super Link and Galaxy Force after I finished watching Karyuudo's fan subs for Micron Legend. It is really nice to have caught up with a part of my child after many years. I now have a small Transformers collection in my room that is mostly Unicron Trilogy figures. When I went to the Philippines on vacation, I FINALLY got my first DX tokusatsu toys from SM Clark in the VS Changer from Lupinranger/Patranger. It was a sweet moment, but I really wanted to buy a Kamen Rider toy though! It's too bad how things turned out in that regard but that's okay.

I am also learning Japanese via WaniKani and Bunpro. I just reached Level 5 on WaniKani today and burned most of my Level 1 Radicals last week!

Thanks for doing what you've all done for the community for the past 18 years. It really means a lot especially to me.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: New To TV-Nihon...sort of.

Post by takenoko »

Man, I really want to redo those Super Linka nd Galaxy Force subs...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Introduce yourselves

Post by takenoko »

Since we've got a new influx of people, just thought it might be fun to recreate the introduce yourselves thread. I've included a poll to see what age range our fans are from. Feel free to tell us about when you found tokusatsu, #TV-Nihon, fansubbing, or just tell us about your hobbies our post pics of your pets. Whatever speaks to you

I'm take, I've been a tokusatsu user since the early 2000s. I turned 40 last October. I love all my children, but some of my favorites are Blade, Kabuto, Gaim, MagiRanger, Go-Onger, Gokaiger, Decade, Garo, Ryukendo, etc.

I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for news about our plans for the future. I know that personally, I'd like to continue translating, even if it means releasing just the subtitles or something. But when I have more formal news. I'll make a news announcement about that
UltraQ
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Ultraman
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Favorite Band: BTO
My boom: RetroGaming
Quote: “Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by UltraQ »

Hi all,

I mostly browse and lurk.

I rarely post anything or ask any question, I just enjoy the site and reading about the shows.

I came here for the Utraman shows to remember my youth of seeing this for the first time in the 60s, and then fell in love with Kamen Rider and the Sentai series.

My cat's name is "Supa Shadow Sentai"
https://avdezign.smugmug.com/Personal/A ... -89GPFGF/A
Q
Frozen Gargantua
Number 6
Number 6

Post by Frozen Gargantua »

Greetings. I've been watching TV-Nihon subs since...um, whatever year Go-Busters was airing. Like I imagine is the case for a lot of western viewers, I was originally a fan of power rangers as a kid, when I first got access to netflix (I think it was netflix anyway) I started rewatching the likes of wild force and such, and randomly, while watching an episode of dino thunder, decided to actually read the credits, I noticed the little bit about it being based on Abaranger, looked into it, and now here I am. More than just Tokusatsu, I love pretty much everything about Japan, and have even had the privilege to visit the country a few times and the subs here have actually helped me in trying to learn the language, as compared to some groups, I always found TV-Nihon seemed to be more accurate word-for-word.

I'm not sure many people will sympathize, but my favourite tokusatsu memory would have to be watching the Zi-O Over Quartzer movie, I actually managed to see it in a theatre last time I was in Japan and, I just thought it was awesome, my first time watching Tokusatsu actually in Japan, seeing Kamen Rider on the big screen just had me so hyped, regardless of how the movie seems in retrospect, I can't bring myself to dislike it.
Jetfirex98
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: If fighting is a sin, then I'll take it upon myself

Post by Jetfirex98 »

Hi all, I'm new to the forums, but I have known TV-Nihon for quite some time now. I'm 38 years of age, from the Philippines. Got to watch TVN's subs of Super Sentai (Dekarangers to Zenkaiger), Kamen Rider (Agito to Saber), few Ultraman and other series. I learned the existence of TVN from a friend, i think the first KR series you guys subbed was KR Faiz, which I asked my friend to burn it to a CD/DVD. Additionally, he also gave me Dekarangers and Bishojou Senshi Sailor Moon, those files were all AVI that time. I really enjoyed the color coded and animated subs. Hoping for more enjoyable fansubs from this group.
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

Hello,
My name is Scott. I have been a fan of TV-Nihon since 2008. I started watching many Japanese cartoons when they were aired in the early morning hours on Saturday. Many shows that I followed were Speed Racer, Gigantor (B&W), Marine Boy (US title), I would rush home to watch Speed Racer, followed by Space Giants (Ambassador Magma), Ultraman, Spectreman, Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot, Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman). I did not know where the shoes originated... I was too young... but they left a lasting impression on me. A love of robots, action, teams. I grew to appreciate them more as I discovered their origins and a term... Tokusatsu. I admit, I did watch the PR shows for a while (I did this with my Nephews when they were young also). Now, I can not watch them for long (an episode) because I know that there is a better story to be told in the Original Japanese shows.

I have been a huge comic reader (many boxes to show that.... the local comic shop knows me very well... haha) and book reader. I like building Models, 3D Printing, Tech and so much more.

Well I hope to continue this journey with TV-Nihon that I started back in 2008.

To the Staff... Keep subbing... it is a passion for you... even if you do not post it... If the time comes that you do... I have a fast broadband to grab them... Haha... Kidding

Remember "Fear is the Killer of Dreams!"

(Please do not give into fear)
alucarDrelliK
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: ToQger
2nd Favorite Series: Abaranger
Dreamy: Ranru-chan, youko-chan, Ahim, Luka
My boom: Anime
Quote: A man who stays within limit ... in life, he always remains within limit

Post by alucarDrelliK »

Hello,
I'm alucarD. (not my actual name tho). I just registered to this forum. but I've been following TV nihon for the past 5 years.
I came to know about sentai about 6 years ago. i usually download files from nyaa, and downloaded sentai with more seeds there. The first tokusatsu series that I've watched is ToQger. subbed by over time. then i've seen zuranger subbed by GUIS. and then i got hooked by sentai ever since. i came to know about tv nihon from ninninger. I loved the subtitles font and type setting so, i replaced all my sentai shows with tv nihon after i came to know about this group. also i love the notes from the translator as well. it kinda gave some insights about puns the characters using.

I felt sad once i came to know about c&d. I want you to know your subs are the best I've ever seen. keep subbing the sentai shows in the future. instead of hard coding the subtitles on video just provide the subtitle files, we can get raw files from somewhere else. (i think creating and uploading subtitles wont be copyright infringement)
Seen:
Sentai - Jetman, Zyu, Dai, Car, Oh, Gao, Aba, Deka, Magi, Geki, Go-on, gosei, Shinken, Gokai, Go-busters, ToQ, Ninnin, Jyuoh, Kyuu, Kyoryu, LvP, Ryusoul, Akiba.
Kamen rider - Gaim
Watching:
Sentai - Hurricane
kamen rider - Kuuga
Qayyim
Quote: Rider Time Kamen Rider Zi-O

Post by Qayyim »

Hello I am Qayyim i am a newbie here I just registered in Tv Nihon in 12th May four days ago I want to know did all of the torrents of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai can be retrieved can I download it back ?
flashforeward
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: Mythology and Folklore

Post by flashforeward »

Hey my name is Flash. My brother got me into TV-Nihon subs awhile back and I've been kind of hooked on Sentai and Kamen Rider since. My favorite Sentai right now is Dairanger and my favorite Kamen Riders are Kuuga and Ex-Aid. I've never ventured onto the forums here before but I thought hey, why not? I'll probably spend most of my time on the fanfic forum because... That's the kind of guy I am, tbh.
Calis
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: OOO
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Shu, Takada Riho
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: I do what I like, I like what I do.
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Calis »

Hey, My Name is Calis. Newly registered, but already fan of TV-Nihon work since OOO. I always recommend TV-Nihon work to My friend, Thank you so much the team of TV-Nihon.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Hi, I'm Mashfi (real name) and I'm a member of this community since 2014. I have worked for TV-Nihon sporadically (most recently in Zenkaiger and Saber). I'm a big fan of Super Sentai, so it really hurts to see the current situation. Despite what the circumstances hint at, I'm still hopeful TV-Nihon will find a way to continue their work and present those to the fans.

Edit: Is there really someone over 80 in this forum? Or was it a joke?
Last edited by msf232 on Sun May 16, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
KinCryos
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by KinCryos »

I found TV-Nihon in the mid-2000s when, after going on a nostalgia trip by rewatching MMPR, I learned about, looked up, and watched Zyuranger. this was when only the first six episodes were subbed, the rest I watched raw on YouTube with only the aid of episode summaries. later, a friend of mine suggested I watch Gekiranger and I declared that series a must-watch after the first episode. I then dove into Kamen Rider with Kabuto as my entry point (as silly as it sounds, Kabuto's suit design was a big factor in deciding which series to try first)
Disney2123
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Euphoria
Dreamy: Megumin
Favorite Actor?: Ellar Coltrane and Hugh Jackman
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Otakus. Anime and Tokusatsu
Quote: Frankly, This looks cool.
Type: ESFP Performer
Instagram: jaden.torralba

Post by Disney2123 »

I found TV-Nihon on YouTube in 2011-2013, with Shinkenger, and then discovered the rest in 2014, with Boukenger and the older ones. I later discovered Kamen Rider and slowly became a weeb. I started watching Toku with Go-Onger, and then Shinkenger and beyond. For Kamen Rider, I started with Kuuga and beyond.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Hey, users of the TV-Nihon forum and Tokusatsu fans, (and lurkers)! I'm a Tokusatsu fan from Bangladesh. I have been a fan of Power Rangers for as long as I can remember. I learned about Super Sentai in 2017 but didn't bother to check it out. I finally cared enough to check it out in 2019, when I was browsing Ranger Wiki and saw that apparently even the episode plots of PR Samurai were also adapted from its SS counterpart. Then I actually tried and checked it out. That was probably a turning point in my not-so-long and very young life. I started watching and instantly got hooked. Even though I was unaware of the fact that what I was watching was subbed by TV-Nihon, it didn't take me too long to find out about TV-Nihon, about almost a year. I joined the forum soon after I discovered TV-Nihon. I'm not sure I remember exactly how I discovered about TV-Nihon, but it was possibly from Ranger Wiki's "Fansubs" page. But, finding it was truly a blessing for me. And even though it hasn't been too long, TV-Nihon became very important to me and my life as a Tokusatsu fan. I learned so much about Tokusatsu and other Japanese stuff. And even though I still don't know much about Japan, in the last two years I have learned a lot about this interesting country and its people. I have a fair amount of love and respect for Japan, its people, and its culture, and the stories they tell through their media. I even started learning a bit of Japanese myself (hope I can complete the course).

Funny story related to TV-Nihon. I really never expected this. Like I said. I'm from Bangladesh, Yes, very very very rare...... Although it kinda adds to all the reasons that make me feel like a freakshow. No offense to the fans or fandom, being a Tokusatsu fan isn't weird at all. But it might be weird in my country. Since I'm not surrounded by too many people who care about what I love in my own country. And I personally didn't know anyone who is a fan. I'm mostly a closeted fan to the people around me, plus an introvert. It doesn't help at all that I'm a girl. So yeah, I mostly interacted with foreign fans through the internet. But on one eventful day, I found a user here on the forum and a fellow fan who was also from Bangladesh. I contacted him and I found a bunch of local fans on a Facebook group. So, that was a pretty fun experience. Interestingly enough, it was also thanks to TV-Nihon. I even found the Takara Tomy series on TV-Nihon which I had watched as a kid. So I am immensely grateful to TV-Nihon. I really hope that you guys can get through this. And I know it's selfish, but I really hope you guys continue subbing SS & KR, of course, if the situation is better. At least, providing only the subtitle files would be good enough. You guys are certainly the best ones out there and are really helpful. It's probably dumb, but as a fan who's from Bangladesh, I know how hard it is to continue being a fan. It's somewhat good for western and American fans if things are legalized and all, but It's all bad for me, us. It is mostly region-blocked (and I can't do all the stuff with VPN under my circumstances) and unlike other Asian countries, they don't broadcast SS or ANY Tokusatsu on TV. The best thing we get is Power Rangers every year a whole year after the season actually airs through Indian channels (which is also in jeopardy because of PR moving to Netflix thing). Which is also a pretty big deal, actually. When I take a while to actually think about it, it's pretty brutal. Nonetheless, the fansubbing groups are pretty much our only hope. So, please, help me and the other Bangladeshi fans continue being fans. :cry: :cry:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice