HWNJ
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Motherfucker!
Samuel L. Jackson
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by HWNJ »

Hello! I'm Howling Wolf! I have helped TVN with QC and typesetting sporadically. I also translate tokusatsu to Spanish on Asian Source Fansub.
I discovered Super Sentai by reading the Power Rangers credits (LOL). Now, I'm a big Super Sentai fan and watch the series on a weekly basis...
Jakenoze
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Jakenoze »

Hi, after more than 10 years I made an account (it might be the second, not sure).
RPM brought me back into Power Rangers and somehow I discovered sentai.
I watched a clip of Go-Onger on youtube and loved it, I needed more. I found episodes on Facebook and Megavideo
and immediately fell in love with Shikenger. I started watching the previous seasons and fell deeply in love with Super Sentai (especially Dairanger).
It took me some time to start watching Kamen Rider, but after Decade ended (not my favorite) W started. I watched the first 5 episodes of W and LOVED it!!!
After some time I've found TV-Nihon, I started with the DDL section. I discovered more toku here and on other fansub groups sites.
I was too shy to talk about it even on the forums, so I only read.
Besides sentai and rider I watched Garo (mostly the first-second seasons, couldn't finish the rest) and recently I'm trying Ultraman (R/B, Orb, and some of Z).
Ultraman is hard to watch sometimes, but still enjoyable.

Thank you for helping me discover this world! =]
shadow1w2
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Drive
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by shadow1w2 »

I'm a bit of a lurker, I'll read the forums but won't usually post.
I visit the discord now and then but I often seem to get there at less active times so I don't say much.
Now that the site is changing a bit I think its a good excuse to jump back in again.

I got into the Tokusatsu shows when I discovered GekiRanger,Gokaiger,GObusters and it took me till Kamen Rider Drive to get me into the Kamen Rider series.
I'm still catching up to the Metal Heroes shows these days.

Gotta say thanks to everyone behind the fansubs and site management, appreciate all the hard work and dedication.
All the best to everyone as well.
Tholok
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider

Post by Tholok »

Hi everyone ! French fan here!

It's been a while since i discover toku. As a child i was a fan of PR and i discover sentai back in Magiranger from a friend. At first i was thinking "OMG japan copied PR" and soon after i discover the truth. But yeah, i discover TVnihon back when Gekiranger aired aside with Den-o (if i recall correctly). I didn't post (mayyyybe i create an older account but i don't remember) because my english is not really really great and i'm not confident with it.

I just ant to say that i love the work from Tvnihon. it made me discover toku, japanese culture (a litte bit), and it made me progress with english. But when the famous letter came, i feel like i was losing something important to me. It's been... 15 years that i know the website ? Probably more, i don't remember. I'm this old. So yeah, just thank you guys for all the works of toku. i hope this isn't the last. i can't lose you. :(
Blackcondorguy
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Timeranger
Favorite Band: Dinosaur Jr
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Blackcondorguy »

Another French fan here, but I must be older than Tholok because I was exposed to sentai before MMPR was even created, when Bioman was broadcasted on public access TV in the late 80s (I'm THIS old! :lol: )

I discovered TV Nihon with KR 555 and registered circa 2010, I think, when I tried to catch up on the sentai series I've missed since Gaoranger. I don't participate much on the forum, but I do feel part of the TVN community, somehow.

Welcome to the new people and hello to the old one !
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

Hi.

I've been here since the Dekaranger Hurricanger War times. I've helped out multiple times with projects under different names cause i have a Shurricanger Kink.
I love my TV Nihon. We've done a wonderful job these past years. I'm sorry i seem dense here lately, guess i'm getting old. Ride or die till the end.

My Favorite Series is Akibaranger followed by Decade Follow by Gokaiger followed by Kabuto followed by Zero One Followed by Sailor Moon TV Series we did Followed by any April fools thing followed by the countless Jpop Artist that' i've discovered over the years from all the timing of opening ending songs followed by Kamen Rider Fouze. UHCHIAAAKITTTAAAA.

I still want to live in japan. I'm trying to make it happen don't really understand how to connect the dots but i'm trying.

TVNihon 4 ever.

Z
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

52 votes
37% 21-30 (19)
44% 31-40 (23)
6% 41-50 (3)
8% 51-60 (4)
2% 80+ (1)

Looks like our fans skew on the older side, although that 21-30 group is heartening to see that new fans are also getting into it. Whoever is the 80+ vote, PM me and tell me about your life. I'd love to hear about it.
HWNJ wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:13 pm Hello! I'm Howling Wolf! I have helped TVN with QC and typesetting sporadically. I also translate tokusatsu to Spanish on Asian Source Fansub.
Hey, thanks for all your help. BTW, how long ago did you find sentai out of curiosity? Have others found sentai via PR credits?

Thanks for overcoming your shyness Jakenoze and joining us on the forums. No pressure against lurkers though, I remember when I first joined TV-Nihon, I basically didn't talk to anyone. Even now, I'm slightly more interested in just doing the work than socializing, but I'm a bit better! Yay some R/B love

>Ultraman is hard to watch sometimes, but still enjoyable.

LOL, it's a mixed bag, but there's some truly great series out there. I should really watch more myself

>Thank you for helping me discover this world! =]
>Gotta say thanks to everyone behind the fansubs and site management, appreciate all the hard work and dedication.
All the best to everyone as well.

You're welcome!

> visit the discord now and then but I often seem to get there at less active times so I don't say much.

It's pretty empty most the time. A bit more lively this week though. I know I'm more active late at night and past midnight since I'm a night owl

>At first i was thinking "OMG japan copied PR" and soon after i discover the truth.

Ha, that's quite funny. I remember showing a TV Magazine or something to a girl once and she looked at a Kamen Rider and asked if it was Power Rangers

>It's been... 15 years that i know the website ?

Thank you long time viewers! 15 years is almost as long as we've been around. You've seen some of us at our roughest, yikes.

>i hope this isn't the last. i can't lose you

Thank you to everyone for sharing this sentiment. I'm hoping to still doing like soft subs or something. You guys will still have to go to nyaa or tokyo toshokan to get raws or something, but yeah...

Thanks again for your e-mail blackcondorguy

>I still want to live in japan. I'm trying to make it happen don't really understand how to connect the dots but i'm trying.

Keep at it. It seems like the trick is to teach English but maybe there's other ways if you have other skills?
That_FaizGuy
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by That_FaizGuy »

Like Scott, I too am a childhood fan of anime/toku, coming from the days of running home after school to catch Ultraman, Speed Racer, Prince Planet, Space Giants (Magma Taishi) & Johnny Sokko. I'm not as big into anime but still like to catch up on my fave anime classics via Crunchyroll and Amazon Prime. I discovered TVN in October 2003 when you were subbing Faiz. KR Faiz made me an instant fan of the Heisei Kamen Rider series. After watching a scene in Faiz where Auto Vajin had shouted "Vehicle Mode!" transforming back into the cycle I was hooked on Faiz and began my plunge into the TV-N rabbit hole! Been watching Rider & Sentai ever since, having collected several Heisei Rider CD box sets from CD Japan and picking up memorabilia from HLJ. Hope to send pics of my hobby room containing various Rider figures in my collection, both Figuarts and sixth scale figures. Since 2004 I treated myself to a Super Hero Time fix with my morning coffee, consisting of an episode of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider. I would create a PLEX playlist that would include the latest episodes along with available episode CMs as well as a Spaceman Jones and Nissan Dombei Kitsune CM! Friday late nights were devoted to an episode from the phenomenal Garo franchise! Thank you TV-N for outstanding, quality subs. I still watch the celebrity athlete special you subbed last summer, never fails to make me near piss my pants laughing! And thanks for letting me intro myself as a fan!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Something I wish I could do is create a new database so people didn't need to rely on the PLEX one that makes all t he KR series into seasons of one series
vanangel89

Post by vanangel89 »

I'm from East part of Malaysia (Sabah - North Borneo) and I have been watching KR and SS series through TV-N since 2009 until now. One thing I love about TV-N sub is instead of translate everything into English, they keep some romanized kanji in the sub made the show interesting and easily to remember the series. Hopefully everything goes well to everyone in this hard time especially to all the sub team. Thank you for all the hardworking and the love shown to the toku community.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Well i'm ryuu, and as far as intro's go, i'm not someone you should mess with LOL!

I think i stumbled here by accident when i was looking around for Kabuto subs when it was still airing, and man i'm really glad i found TV-Nihon (even if not intentionally :P), everyone is cool here.

A lot of people may have already said this, but i'd like to thank TV-Nihon and the gang for all the stuff they worked and shared all these wonderful years to us fans and future fans of KR & SS, and even if the present situation is a bit dire, i'm still looking forward to what's ahead cause as ZERO-2's henshin says "IT''S NEVER OVER" (sorry if that was cheesy as hell :P)

TV-Nihon rocks, and everyone knows it, more power to you guys/girls and keep it up :)
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

Hi, my name is [Redacted], but you can call me CL (short for CheetahLynx).
I'm 23 years old from Colombia. Started watching toku around 2013 and started watching TV-N's subs in 2015 with the last few Toqger episodes.

For the last 8 years, there have been 2 things I've looked forward to every week: the Nascar race and the new episodes of SS and KR subbed by you guys, and I'm really thankful for over 400 weeks of superheroes wearing (not)spandex. I'm hopeful you'll be able to continue subbing these shows in one way or another, but I'm sure as hell not leaving this place.

Other than Japanese TV, I enjoy motorsports, gaming (Mario Kart Wii anyone?), and this year I've really gotten into ice hockey. If you think we can enjoy some of those together, feel free to message me ;)

Here's to the future, TV-Nihon!
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!

Post by hiro9796 »

Hello and Hi. I am from Kedah, Malaysia and born in year 1996 (25 as of this year). As far as an early Tokusatsu show, it starts with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. For a while until Secondary School, Super Sentai was never known to me. I do know like some other series other than Toei released shows like GranSazer, Justiriser. Not much that I remember back then since as a child, I don't really watch TV other than for Doraemon, Detective Conan and Crayon Shin-chan. I do heard of Ryukendo and Tomica Heroes in the local TV CMs (locally Malay dubbed) but never watched them. I believe TV Nihon did those, I already download all of it but haven't watch it yet. When it comes to Kamen Rider, maybe the one I watched back then, from Showa Era was pretty boring, for me anyway, I think it was Kamen Rider Black RX or Kamen Rider. I don't know. But I do know Ryuki was on our local TV and of course was not Japanese but in local language (Malay) for any Japanese shows. Of course, the same for my early, partially watched shows, like Ultraman Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, Ultra Seven, Ultraman Taro and Ultraman 80. Back then my father used to buy pirated CDs of those shows with Malay Dub, except Power Rangers, which are always in English. I guess I did watch like the first 4 episodes of Cybercop in English Dub from a CD but the other episode/episodes that I have back then, were all in VHS Tapes and pretty much obsolete now and its lost to nowhere.

As far as how I know about Super Sentai and eventually TV Nihon began when I was at a party at my cousins' house in the evening and we just turned on the TV and at the time, GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai movie. Seriously, I had no idea about Super Sentai was the origin for Power Rangers and still call it Power Rangers back then. Before I watch that crossover movie, I only watch like a few filler episodes of Mighty Morphin and pretty much jump to some fillers in Turbo, In Space and a bit of its finale, some for Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue. I think I do watch Time Force, Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, SPD and Mystic Force in full. That's pretty much the series that makes me excited. But for some reason, I stumbled upon Jungle Fury but its delivery of the show was boring and Geki Touja (what I remember it as now) was pretty bland since on those filler episodes, I could not see the legs and I thought the robot was fully in red, which was true from top until the the knee joints for Geki Tiger. That's pretty much the last time I watch Power Rangers.

Around secondary school, I think it was an accident I watch Go-Onger Episode 27, Grandaughter Hanto and I pretty much followed from there until the end. And then it was Shinkenger and I think I only watch first 4 episodes and that's it. I think it was around 2014 that I want to watch Super Sentai again but I still don't try to know and find TV Nihon because I was watching/download from Kissasian which had other fansub groups included and I felt this isn't right until some youtuber put your Kyuuranger Changing Lesson clip in 2017 that I stumbled by accident. And from there, I started knowing about this group. And I just couldn't resist to start downloading whatever you guys had on the torrent, if possible in HD, and get like two External HD just for storage and to watch them later. And the first Kamen Rider I watched fully was Den O, which I got intrigued from the last Super Hero Taisen movie. I watch those now and most of it is pretty boring since it emphasised Kamen Rider more than Super Sentai. Oh and I still never forget, even today, that whenever I mentioned about Super Sentai, my colleges, that watch animes and Kamen Rider, would change the S in Sentai to H and in a way, claimed that I am watching an entire series related to that other term, until I said Power Rangers, they act like they never knew this existed. Oh, bother. Why did that come to their mind first? :lol:

P.S. Since Take said in the recent posts about plans in making soft subtitle files for SS and KR episodes/movies from now on, then I am on for it. That's an option all right. I'll take what I can get while I pass some time with watching Merlin and Avatar The Last Airbender on Malaysia region Netflix.
HenshinDai
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Dairanger/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/DekaRanger
Quote: And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light. The light of … THE GREEN LANTERN!-AlanScott
Type: ISTP Crafter
Instagram: Henshindai

Post by HenshinDai »

Greetings all, I'm Shane, or Dai or Henshin or whatever really. I've been known to answer to "Hey you there with the face" as well so ya know...

Moving along, I've been watching Toku shows in general since I was....What year did Power Rangers come out?....Kidding kidding...Mostly, I remember watching some really really badly dubbed over Ultraman as a kid, and ya know the Godzilla movies. But yes Power Rangers was my first proper taste of Sentai, I watched it every day of the week as Mighty Morphin' aired, continued the show weekly all the way to Wildforce then got put off by the hammy over the top acting and the really awful underacting in some cases.

Anyway, I found the various fansubs of Sentai through....Oh I don't even remember the name now...something that I think has since been bought and turned mostly into a music video platform. The first Sentai I watched weekly-ish was Dekaranger as y'all subbed it, and then Magiranger after that. Then I trailed off for a little bit and watched just Kamen Rider stuff before coming back around for Sentai some more.

I've barely ever even looked at the forums but I plan to check them out more now to keep up to date with how the community in general is doing and hope that some day (not too far in the future if we are lucky) fansubs will be a thing we can enjoy again without the specter of Toei looking over our shoulders.
Image Image Image
relax23456
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gobus,Gaim,Deka,Geki
2nd Favorite Series: W,MagiGokai,Blade
Quote: Stay hungry, stay foolish

Post by relax23456 »

Hi, I'm Relax from Singapore! :)
Well. I don't remember when I joined here but was a big fan of Ultraman and Power Rangers since young. Came across some scenes from my local channel on Kamen Rider Ryuki and I got hooked to the world of Kamen Rider.

Post edit (after checking date joined).... 11 years ago?! That is pretty long. Seems funny though. I started longer than that... (Followed from dekaranger if my memory serves me right).

Return to “Off Topic”