Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

hamn8rjr
Infinity

Re: Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

Post by hamn8rjr »

man, I wish you guys could at least put the old ones back up. I'm itching to watch Gaim and OOO, and I never finished Kiva, which I've been meaning to do.
darkarmorwearer
Gao
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Yu Takahashi
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: REM
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Tokusatsu Gagaga
Quote: Long, long ago! 20th century!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by darkarmorwearer »

Kiva is my favorite and I watched it all when first subbed here. Gaim is also great! Thank you TV-Nihon!
Rhie
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Kamen Rider (Amazons, Black, W, Kabuto, Zi-O)
2nd Favorite Series: Garo (1st season)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Rhie »

MonarchVV wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:16 pm First time poster, but long time follower. I've been following your group for Sentai / KR content since Decade and always enjoyed the effort put into the stylized subtitles so it's sad to see my main Toku fansub group go, but as you said, it's for the best of the team, and I appreciate your considerations for everyone a part of your long-running project.

My only hope is that Toei eventually goes the way of Sunrise with Gundam and uploads new subtitled content weekly, like they do on their Gundaminfo channel

My question is, what legal ways are there to watch Toku? I found some articles on the topic but they're a bit dated. I found the Toei Tokusatsu World Official Channel, and while they've been uploading some episodes from older shows I would like to know if there are alternatives to keep up with current running shows.
You have older shows here:

https://www.shoutfactorytv.com/tv/tokushoutsu

It is probably also why the sentai and kamen rider stuff got nuked. They have shows like the OG Kamen Rider, Kuuga, and Ryuki, as well as several sentai shows. It probably made the copyright owners decide that there was value in the older shows, so they are cracking down on fansubs after all these years, just so they can try to sell them all these years later.

(1st post)
SwordKing
7X

Post by SwordKing »

I don't blame you at all. That said, I would sooner wait for however long it takes for Ryusoulger to a get a Shout Factory DVD release than settle for that other fansub group's bland subs with unnecessary name translations.
In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two seperate, yet equally important groups: The police, who investigate crimes, and the giant robots, who do battle with the bad guys' giant robots. These are their stories.

Return to “Off Topic”