Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

Post by takenoko »

It brings me no joy to announce that after discussing the situation with my staff, we will no longer be continuing work on either Saber or Zenkaiger. Not even softsubs. Personally, I couldn't continue work on either series if it means worrying that it would paint a target on our members backs. I don't want to mess with people's livelihoods or be responsible for being the one that got them in legal trouble.

So what does this mean for our group? We'll continue subbing as usual, but with series that aren't as contentious. If you like the stuff we sub in general, hopefully we pick stuff you'd also enjoy. Heck, we might even sub future KR or Sentai stuff and release it in some cheeky sneaky fashion in the future. Just not Saber or Zenkaiger for now.

What we will continue to do:

Sub the commercials
Create discussion threads
Update our wikis for the series

We don't want to leave you high and dry, so we'll be plugging other fansub groups that are working on Saber and Zenkaiger. So far, I know that Overtime is okay with being plugged, I think they're doing Saber. If your group is comfortable with being plugged here, please let us know. (Only contact me if you're a member of said group, for obvious reasons I want to make sure they want to be plugged on our site.) Also, if you're an international translator for Saber/Zenkaiger, lemme know and I'll happily plug you too.

Thank you to the fans of both series for giving us their support all these years. I hope you understand the situation that we're in and what lead us to the decision that we made. It's just not worth it to me if it lands a friend in prison or kicked out of Japan or something. Hopefully you'll check back and we'll be working on something that will delight you just as much.
Obviously the thread title is me being cheeky. But seriously, if people have questions that I can answer that aren't already covered, let me know. I'll try to be good at keeping up with this thread, although I may coward out too. Sometimes that's how I am!
erikhol
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Backlash over cancellation of KR/Sentai thread

Post by erikhol »

Sad as it is, it’s right thing not to get you guys in trouble further. Thank you for your wonderful work over the years! It’s meant the world to me
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

This emotional roller coaster will get me into anxiety pills. I'm pretty sure.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

it is what it is. ^_^.
dryedmangoez
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by dryedmangoez »

Well, just wanted to repeat again: But thank you for the work you've done over the years. It's thanks to TV-N that I was able to finally start watching both Sentai and Kamen Rider after Disney canceled Power Rangers.
ExAidRiderYT
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: "Human lives are more important than even peace and justice"

Post by ExAidRiderYT »

About the plug thing...
I am a translator for Unlimited Subs (@ULSubs on Twitter) and a shoutout would be nice. We are a spanish toku sub group that makes subtitles for the current Saber & Zenkaiger. If people that talk Spanish are interested, we will be more than happy to help!

[Idk if this is the right format for the plug thing, sorry if it isn't]
Gemfire82
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Kousoku Sentai Turboranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W

Post by Gemfire82 »

Yes thank you. I am confused though on this plug you mentioned. What exactly is that?
Iamquailman
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Iamquailman »

Shout out to all those people who went at Shirakura on Twitter and continue to stir the pot, y’all da real mvp. /s

Thanks again to the TV-Nihon team for everything throughout! I’m happy to at least see you guys are continuing commercials! I plug them in between episodes and makes it almost like watching real tv when putting them on in the background.

Hopefully when the dust settles, S46 will see a triumphant Sentai return for TV-N!
Raziel-Faustus
Favorite series: kamen rider ooo
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider kiva
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: eurobeat
Quote: What is today but yesterdays tomorrow

Post by Raziel-Faustus »

feels bad man your my favorite sub group but i understand looking out for your own maybe yall can do more metal heroes and ima still hang around see what yall sub
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Well nuts. It makes sense, but it's still a sad day.

Not that I'm going anywhere, but all the same, thank you for everything Takenoko, Luna, Phoenix, and the rest of the TV-Nihon crew.:)
Sonicguy001
Go Go!
Quote: I'm a Kamen Rider

Post by Sonicguy001 »

one question. they annouced the Saber X Zenkaiger Crossover movie. is that now off the table?
Tokyo
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Kiramei Pink (Kiramager)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Juspion manga that came out.

Post by Tokyo »

It is sad, indeed. But I'll continue to come to the site and download whatever you have here that might be of my interest. And, of course, thank you very much for making the last (an hopefully the next) 20 years of my life so much better!!! Full of explosions and rubber monsters! Lov u all.
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

To be honest, I was kinda expecting this. Doesn't make it any less depressing though. I have been watching TV-N for nearly two decades now (Seriously... Started watching you guys with Dekaranger!), and you introduced me to Sentai, Kamen Rider and an interest in both the Japanese culture and language. And although I am not as much a collector as other people here, I have bought a lot of toys after watching your subs.

So thank you for everything you have done over the past two decades. It's been one amazing ride.
Rumpatump
Quote: Honest Heart!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Rumpatump »

Thank you guys so much.
MonarchVV

Post by MonarchVV »

First time poster, but long time follower. I've been following your group for Sentai / KR content since Decade and always enjoyed the effort put into the stylized subtitles so it's sad to see my main Toku fansub group go, but as you said, it's for the best of the team, and I appreciate your considerations for everyone a part of your long-running project.

My only hope is that Toei eventually goes the way of Sunrise with Gundam and uploads new subtitled content weekly, like they do on their Gundaminfo channel

My question is, what legal ways are there to watch Toku? I found some articles on the topic but they're a bit dated. I found the Toei Tokusatsu World Official Channel, and while they've been uploading some episodes from older shows I would like to know if there are alternatives to keep up with current running shows.

Return to “Off Topic”