Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

First Reiwa Kamen Rider announcement announced

Post by takenoko »

Screw Kamen RIder, what's the deal with this robo lady?
Crimzonite
Mega

Re: First Reiwa Kamen Rider announcement announced

Post by Crimzonite »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:35 am Screw Kamen RIder, what's the deal with this robo lady?
I must admit, I'd love more context on this news program, as well. And is the announcer's name a reference to Magearna from Pocket Monsters? The katakana's the same. Though if it is a reference, it's kind of a random one.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

The obvious answer is she's a character from Zero-One, but I've not seen anyone identify the actress yet, meaning she's either an unknown, or it's just some lady who works in Toei's offices or something.

We'll likely have catalogue scans a few days from now anyway, but it'll be nice to get HQ pics. The current rumours and supposed sketches have Zero-One as a golden colour and a grasshopper, with secondaries called Kamen Rider Vulcan (wolf-themed) and Kamen Rider Valkyrie (Cheetah-themed). I hope this is true, mostly because Valkyries are women, implying a major female Rider.

(Plus I love shows with lots of Riders and 3 right away is a good sign. Or maybe all of this is nonsense. Either way, not long until we find out.)
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

If KR Valkyrie is a thing, who wants to bet it's played by a guy anyway because Toei.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am If KR Valkyrie is a thing, who wants to bet it's played by a guy anyway because Toei.
Well I was thinking how it would work from a toy perspective. They normally want to minimise girl-specific toys. I don't know how (or even if) Femme's deck was released back in the day, though I know her visor never was. Go-On Silver shared most of her toys with her brother, and even her mecha was still a "boy" toy because it combined with the others. Malika had a single Lock Seed to herself, which technically was shared with Gaim for the one or two times he used Jinba Peach. Mage used a standard belt and all the Mayu-specific rings were premium Bandai. Poppy only really had her Gashat to herself, her belt was Chronos'.

I'm guessing all 3 Riders here would share a belt, it'd just be a case of how her gimmick item comes out. And maybe also what weapon they have, unless it's some sort of 3-way transforming one. She'd be pretty much guaranteed a gimmick figure at least.

Or maybe Valkyrie's a boy. Or doesn't exist at all.
Seen:
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 am I don't know how (or even if) Femme's deck was released back in the day, though I know her visor never was.
Any Advent Cards that were never sold alongside the various toys were available in box sets released by Carddass. Her card holder was originally released in the Japanese Toys 'R' Us exclusive 13 Riders set.

... I know this because I bought them at the time. I was rather obsessed with the series when it aired. ^^;;;;;;;;;;;
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Crimzonite wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:16 pm
HowlingSnail wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:32 am I don't know how (or even if) Femme's deck was released back in the day, though I know her visor never was.
Any Advent Cards that were never sold alongside the various toys were available in box sets released by Carddass. Her card holder was originally released in the Japanese Toys 'R' Us exclusive 13 Riders set.

... I know this because I bought them at the time. I was rather obsessed with the series when it aired. ^^;;;;;;;;;;;
I re-watched the show recently so I've been stalking the merch, eyeing up one of those CSM sets, wishing I had the money. Hopefully they bring out some more of the visors.
Seen:
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Last year Zi-O with big boob suit which made people to think they would have main female Rider, and the result was not. Especially in Japan where have gender prejudice. The main target audience still live in Japan, not for worldwide.

I hoped Sentai will have Red female and Pink male in main cast, and waiting for long time, but not happen.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

kangchan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 am Last year Zi-O with big boob suit which made people to think they would have main female Rider, and the result was not.
Wait, what? Big boob suit?
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

The original suit of Zi-O look like have big boob, so last year in my country's Tokusatsu community they discussed Zi-O might be main female Rider.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

/me looks up pictures of Zi-O.

Even though Femme doesn't have one, I assume there'd be no way a female Rider wouldn't not have a skirt as part of their costume now.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

....But what if it's all a feint and Valkyrie is a nickname for Zero-One and we have the first kamen rider in reiwa being the first ever female lead kamen rider?! :O

Almost 0% chance of that happening. but you know, would be cool. maybe. if we trust toei to not fuck it up. which i don't.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

The rumour was that Zi-O was gonna be a girl because it kind of looked like he had boobs, then it became "He was gonna be a girl but they changed their mind". Shirakura has confirmed he was always a guy.
Seen:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 am
kangchan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:08 am Last year Zi-O with big boob suit which made people to think they would have main female Rider, and the result was not.
Wait, what? Big boob suit?
So essentially, around the early pre-release stage of Zi-O, there were a set of 4chan rumors which had one of the bullet points claim that Zi-O would be played by a girl. And while the Sentai ones were initially met with spite and disdain (despite stuff from them ending up more accurate... somehow), people jumped straight onto this one for various reasons. The so-called "big boob suit" was people seeing Zi-O's chest plate and assuming that because it seemed rather bulky that it must be a girl. There were other instances such as how the bio for Zi-O/Sougo Tokiwa saying that he wants to "be a king" must mean that his character will be a girl and etc.

EDIT: Oops, didn't mean to steal your thunder, HowlingSnail.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

HowlingSnail wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:02 am The rumour was that Zi-O was gonna be a girl because it kind of looked like he had boobs, then it became "He was gonna be a girl but they changed their mind". Shirakura has confirmed he was always a guy.
Yeah, can't say I can go with the fandom there.

Return to “Kamen Rider”