Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Is anyone getting a PS5?

Post by takenoko »

I like Demon's Souls, was a big fan of the something awful let's play and got myself a copy in 2012, a year after Dark Souls came out

But honestly, probably going to wait on the PS5 till next year. Either when it's cheaper or there's more games that I want to play on it

But what about you guys? I set the poll to end around November 20, since the PS5 should be out around the world by then
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Is anyone getting a PS5?

Post by Catastrophe »

The only console I got on release was a DS, and the initial like 2 year drought of good games sucked. I've never purchased a console on release other than that and don't intend to. I didn't get any Sony console until it had been out like 4 years.

Typically, there isn't anything on it that will really endear me, because I'm primarily a Nintendo guy, so I won't buy it because I don't have the knowledge that something great will come out on it. Typically though, something I do want to play will come out, and by that point the price has dropped and there will be some other older games out that did interest me that will be discounted to pick up.
astonwave

Post by astonwave »

Nope. I'm going full PC next gen. If we get another stimulus, I'm blowing the entire thing on a Ryzen 5 3600 + 5700 build. Right now I game mostly on an Xbox One S, but I'm going to slowly move towards PC gaming if I'm able to get this machine built.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I've always been too scared to be a PC gamer. (I mean, I spent 15 minutes today trying to get my ctrl button fixed because I accidentally spilled soy sauce in it {Yeah really, I really don't know how so much of it got in there}) Plus the PC is mostly what I use for working on fansubs, so it's kind of my work machine lol
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Might pick one up once more games come out and it gets some exclusives, but I'll stick with the ps4 for at least another year or two
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Name a game you've played on the ps4
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

No, and I've never owned a console. I could come up with a silly reason like "I'm part of the PC Master Race", but in reality, I have a unhealthy backlog of unplayed games and unwatched videos that deserve my attention more than another piece of very expensive plastic that will only gather dust in my office at this current point of my life.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i just don't see the fucking point of getting a ps5 anymore. I play most of my games on the pc nowadays but even if that isn't the case. Sony's Censorship nowadays seems like it's worst than nintendo's. It's like... why the fuck should i even play games on there.

I wish they would quit that i used to love the playstation brand till they started on this censorship crusade. It's funny cause i still play games on my switch and i DO want an xbox series x simply cause i'll be able to play 360 games on it in better clarity.

Sony just fucking sucks nowadays
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What censorship?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

I ain't in a hurry to buy a PlayStation 5. I've already spent my money pre ordering the iPhone 12 pro 512GB.

Right now, I'm still happy with my PS4. I'm still playing GTA V and LA Noire. Hopefully, GTA IV gets a remastered.

I used to trying to be a PC player, so that I can play mods on GTA IV and GTA V. But I gave up because the formula of building a computer didn't work for me and it was already wasting money to buy necessary equipment.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:31 pm What censorship?
For the past couple years, Sony has been forcing developers to censor their games (mostly for being too sexy) that it got to the point where developers refuse to put the game on the PS4. Here's an article talking about the Sony censorship:

https://mainmenu.games/2019/03/14/sonys ... ted-wound/

It used to be Nintendo was heavily censored their games but now Nintendo is the cool one while Sony is the square.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They'll pick and choose when they feel like it though, that's the part that annoys me.

Senran Kagura aside (because it's mostly annoying people who like games like that), they used some half assed lens flare effect to censor Ladies ass in DMC 5 when it wasn't on Xbox, yet they had a full on sex scene on Last of Us II (which as a Sony funded game).

If I'm honest, the only reason I would get a Playstation over using a PC or getting an Xbox is all the niche Japanese stuff I enjoy like Super Robot Taisen typically only come out on Playstation.
ofersai3
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by ofersai3 »

As long as sony uses the ps5 to spy on people and as long as they so much censor happy i don't think that i will get a ps5. for now i will stick to the pc and switch where i hope to have fun with memory of heroez
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I'm pretty content with my Nintendo Switch and the games I have on that so, I'm not really too interested in obtaining a ps5 right now. Hope you guys enjoy it, though!
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

ofersai3 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:40 pm As long as sony uses the ps5 to spy on people and as long as they so much censor happy i don't think that i will get a ps5. for now i will stick to the pc and switch where i hope to have fun with memory of heroez
Oh wow, that seems rude! Basically, you prefer the PC over the PS5. You think you can say anything you want to curse the new machine? Censorship, spying players?! Come on.

Return to “Games”