TheRamenBandit
Mega
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: GAR FOR BISHOP!
Favorite Band: AAA

Re: KR Kiva 35

Post by TheRamenBandit »

Silentwolfdog wrote: What type of animal did Kiva turn into? It looked like a dragon to me. But was it a bat? Or half of each?
i'm thinking wyvern
CLICK ME!
According to the "TV-Nihon girls," i'm a prick
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Well the ending (and if that was not enough, The official episode description on the Kiva Website) Confirms 100% that Maya is Wataru's Mother, and we already know Otoya is is Father.

Ummm, no it doesn't. More like the opposite:

>Maybe the Dragon is Kiva's True form?

It's an Emperor Bat and its final attack is Bloody Strike. It doesn't really have a name, it's just called Flying Form

>So Kiva has another form; will he need to play the violin each time to transform into it?

It looks like it from the official website. You have to drag a violin on Wataru to get to that page

>"I like Mio too" seems pretty ambiguous to me as far as big reveals go- possibly Taiga just thinks Wataru means "..as a friend"? Not understanding Japanese, I couldn't really say.

It kind of is ambiguous like in English, but not in that context I think. I'm pretty sure Taiga can tell that Wataru is being serious about it

>It occurs to me that Wataru is dangerously incurious about his powers.

Yeah, I don't know. Growing up half vampire, I guess it's not that unusual?

>P.S.- I put my post in spoiler hidden text because everybody seems to be doing so, but does anybody really read this forum before they watch the episode being discussed? If so, why?

I only do it for the for the first post. I really shouldn't have answered in a spoiler box after that when talking about the episode. After that one should only use the spoiler box when talking about the previews, that way I can delete them more easily :p
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Nago getting owned by Kengo. Not impressed.
Kengo getting IXA. Not impressed.
Mio going all the way to the end of the Earth(?) to find Maya to ask only that. Not impressed.

Gosh, I was so scared when Jirou appeared while Yuri was crying. Since the last ep, I feared that Yuri would give up on Otoya and go with Jirou... but thank god, it didn't go to that direction(yet?). I guess Jirou is a better friend than that. :) (DID YOU HEAR THAT HIRO NAKAMURA?! WHY THE HECK DID YOU PIMP YOUR FRIEND'S WOMAN?!)

Jirou's wolf handle thing flied to Wataru and the man appeared magically. Not impressed. Ok, so I thought the 3 monster brothers were TRAPPED inside Castle Doran? How can Jirou go here and there at will like that? When they brought Wataru inside the castle the other time, Riki and Ramon even wanted to kill Wataru to get out of there. :\

Jirou gave advice to Wataru. Very impressed.
Revolting fangire... whole looks hot and sounds very nice. Very impressed.

Mio getting owned so easily. ...and ran away without wanting to protect Wataru. So not very impressed. I mean what the heck, the guy's a human and the villain is a super-powered fangire. She couldn't even defend herself against her earlier. Why the hell did Mio just run away as Wataru said? If I were her, I'd say "Screw that, I don't care if Wataru thinks I'm a freak. If I don't protect him, he'll die. *transforms into fangire*" :\ Doesn't she know that a fangire can kill humans? Good god, I swear, she has as much personality as a desk lamp.

Doesn't Wataru's bike have a Kiva sticker on it? >>

Kiva's transformation into a Gigandeath. Very impressed.
Dark Kiva. So very impressed. I love his attacks.
2008 Maya. She's my favorite element of the episode.
Last edited by Bauffie on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself

Post by Tuss4 »

I'm just glad Nago is getting owned. How the hell is Otoya cheating so openly in front of Yuri.

@Bauffie: Maybe Jirou and the rest can appear to those who possess the fuestles.
Last edited by Tuss4 on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Revolting fangire... whole looks hot and sounds very nice. Very impressed.

The Fangires, they are revolting!

>*Mio running away to let Wataru die*

Agreed. I like the idea of secret identities, but these moments get kind of tedious. So much of the storyline kind of hinges on the fact that those guys don't know who each other are. (So when is IXA-Kengo going to find out Wataru's identity so that he can start beating the crap out of him? LOL)

>Doesn't Wataru's bike have a Kiva sticker on it? >>

Mayba Taiga thinks Wataru is into Batman

>Kiva's transformation into a Gigandeath. Very impressed.

Eeeh?!

>2008 Maya. She's my favorite element of the episode.

One-eyed uncle likes children
Map
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W/Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Decade/Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Sean Connery
Favorite Band: AC/DC

Post by Map »

Overall satisfying. Yay! We actually have more than 2 minutes of 1986 plot! Also, CGI Bird-Dragon Kiva? It looks cool, but I sure hope it isn't used all the time from now on.
Alessar
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Alessar »

Bauffie wrote:Mio getting owned so easily. ...and ran away without wanting to protect Wataru. So not very impressed. I mean what the heck, the guy's a human and the villain is a super-powered fangire. She couldn't even defend herself against her earlier. Why the hell did Mio just run away as Wataru said? If I were her, I'd say "Screw that, I don't care if Wataru thinks I'm a freak. If I don't protect him, he'll die. *transforms into fangire*" :\ Doesn't she know that a fangirl can kill humans? Good god, I swear, she has as much personality as a desk lamp.
I was thinking this too. I really can't respect her, she's such a wuss. Maya is awesome because she has the courage of her convictions.

I'm not surprised Kengo got the IXA armor, since he is rather beaten-up right now. Mostly, though, I think it's because the boss man thinks his ego needs to be kept in-line.
Snip, didn't happen in this episode
-take
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Well... At least that almost explains why Kiva is crazy powerful compared to other riders... But this is getting crazy stupid. Also,

Spoiler
WTFWallSword

... I just keep on thinking that this story, while less day time soap-opera, would be a lot better and everyone would be more sensible if people would just see a shrink... Just once, you know?
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Anyone else think Sagarc sounds like a chipmunk when speaking in English? Anyway grats to Wataru for finally telling Taiga about your feelings for Mio it's about time. So Maya had her power stripped but continues to live, does this mean she's human now or is she still considered a Fangire, speaking of which I wonder if she's immortal or just ages more slowly than a normal person would, since she looks as she did in 86. For someone who runs a organization that has Wonderful in it's name Shima certainly has poor judgment in people he picks to join his organization I think Megumi is the only wonderful person in the organization. I'm surprised Megumi didn't step in to help Nago after he was getting the beat down by Kengo, though Nago did deserve it for the the crap all the other characters through. Certainly be interesting to see how Kengo handles IXA now that he has it.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Artimid
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Artimid »

It seems like Shima feels that IXA should go to whoever is the most raging of maniacs within the organization at that current time. Hand a deadly weapon of unstoppable destruction to a pyscho? Sure! Yay for Dilbert Management style!
Also, I really was more interested in Maya than anything else this episode, and the end made the episode, or so I believe.
Again, I wish the drama would pass with the Taiga/Wataru/Mio thing. It just feels unnecessary to me. :(

I just find it funny how in kamen rider when ever theres sum type of sci-fi research lab type place alot of the time the equipment looks like sumthing out of the 70's. ie the fangire energy transferer thing consisting of a metal box, a lever and chains.
And this, my friends, is why you never press the big red button. Big red button means pain, and soul sucking handcuffs.

Oh, and I am supremely interested in the training that Kengo did to go from gimpy musician to unstoppable rage-aholic.
(So when is IXA-Kengo going to find out Wataru's identity so that he can start beating the crap out of him
Oh snap! I didn't even think of that. Wataru will think it is just Nago on 'roids, and turn back from Kiva into Wataru expecting to talk to Nago... and Kengo will freak out because it was one more thing Wataru lied to him about. Then he will say "If you were Kiva, why didn't you just transform instead of letting that MOTD take out my arm?! Rawrrr! Kengo Mad!!!!!"

Wow, that should be an interesting plot twist from his usual insanity. >_<
Kryptonian
Gao

Post by Kryptonian »

blackv8 wrote: It occurs to me that Wataru is dangerously incurious about his powers. All along I was assuming that he knew a lot more than we do (he is already killing fangire before the series starts), but when Jirou shows up, he neither knows him nor recognizes the very power he has been using in battles. So this dragon castle flies up during his battles and he doesn't know anything about it? That's kind of lame. Since Kiva hasn't spoken five full minutes of diologue in the series (in costume), I've just assumed he had some kind of mystical unspoken communion with the residents of Castle Doran. Apparently not. Apart from that not making sense, I thought it was cool that we finally saw Jirou being an advisor to Wataru just as he previously had to Nago.
I've often wondered about that; aside from the lack of talking, there's also the sudden increase of courage and knowledge of how to fight (other series tend to have the suits as simply armour; how the person is while wearing the suit is no different than how they are normally). I've theorized until proven otherwise that Wataru is possessed, whether by Kivat's personality or otherwise when he transforms (in a Den-O kinda-way) so Wataru's still aware to sme degree of what's happening during the fight, even if he can't recall the particulars such as the person inside the Gararu sabre.
Kurojishi_Rio
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Gekirangers
Dreamy: None
Favorite Actor?: Tokuyama Hidenori
Favorite Band: UVERworld

Post by Kurojishi_Rio »

I think it`s weird about the Entire Origin of Sagark. If the Yami no Kiba is supposed to be the king's True Form, does that mean that Sagark is a placeholder? if so, that seems pretty harsh, as it seems that Tatsulot/Kivat/Sagark are sentient. I'm also curious on where the Jacoder came from. O.o And yeah, I beleive that Wataru is a little... Nonchalant about his powers. What actually suprises me is that after this episode, if He still doesn`t really care or know
Spoiler
about flying form
Don`t know if that should be in spoilers. ^^; And why would he not know who Jirou is, even though he is the most used weapon, and how he didn't notice the flying sword coming at him. -_-. Also I wonder what happened that made the Checkmate Four abandon Doran, and the Arms Monsters to reside in it, and how Wataru is completely oblivious about the dragon, or rather, does not choose to live there.

Kengo or Nago? =D
Honestly, I think that the series will once again copy from 555, and have Kengo the main for the rest of the series before dying and then handing it off to Nago.

Also, does Wataru even NOTICE that he's half vampire? Kamen Rider shows tend to not address some issues. Seriously, I don't even think Wataru KNOWS he's half Fangire.
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Battra wrote:Anyone else think Sagarc sounds like a chipmunk when speaking in English?
Don't you mean Japanese? :D

Taiga : Is it just me or you and Kiva never appeared together?
Wataru : I was running away?
Taiga : Why do you have the same bike as Kiva's?
Wataru : I'm a Kiva fan?
Taiga : How come Kiva has your Dad's violin?
Wataru : He borrowed it?
Taiga : Yup, I belive you! I'm sure you're not Kiva!
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Otoya isn't fooling anyone when he says that Yuri and Maya are separate matters.

I'm not really surprised by Taiga's reaction when Wataru told him about his feelings for Mio. He knows Wataru made an effort to step aside with the silly lost-love party. Taiga doesn't know that Mio has feelings for Wataru so he isn't worried yet.

So much about Wataru's existence is still a mystery. How did he end up living alone? Someone must have raised him when he was still a baby. I think part of Maya's punishment was being forbidden from raising Wataru.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

ShadowX7 wrote:
Battra wrote:Anyone else think Sagarc sounds like a chipmunk when speaking in English?
Don't you mean Japanese? :D
Lol. He says "Wake up" in English.

And yes. I think so. XD

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”