Wiki Link
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Re: Rescue Force 1 released

Post by harpdevil »

Phoenix512 wrote:I'm going to guess that the previous R1 died in line of duty. Not even the suit could save them from everything.
But the suit is so awesome! Surely that awesomeness could protect against anything! :P

mmm...meh, i don't know, maybe I havent seen enough of them but I don't think their personalities are any remarkably different from many other toku out there, particularly toku where the heroes work in an organisation.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
Prairie Dog
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Prairie Dog »

takenoko wrote:Why ruin a good show with bad Americanization?
A bad Americanization doesn't take anything from the original - it'll still be a good show. The memory of Mystic Force isn't affecting my enjoyment of Magiranger, and to be honest, I think kids in the US deserve a half-decent toku adaptation - they don't deserve to be treated like morons forever, at the very least.

"I have a great idea! We'll make our own Power Rangers show!"
"Won't that be expensive?"
"No, we'll just not have any giant robots or big kung-fu fights!"
"I think I've spotted a flaw in--"
"We'll shoot it in a park for peanuts and pretend it's medieval England or something, and instead of colours, the heroes will all have different elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Forest--"
"Fore - what?"
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

A good start to what looks like it may be an interesting series, the FX were very good. Juri was definitely my fav from the team in this episode, she'll pick up an entire column and use it for a weapon, don't want to get on her bad side. The baddies didn't seem that well done to me I guess i'm a bit spoiled with the baddies from Kamen Rider and Sentai, but hopefully they'll improve.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
SpikeTrigger
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: mini hana \^O^/
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by SpikeTrigger »

Before looking at this show , i SO thought it was gonna be crap XD . But then after waiting so long , i finally looked at it and WHOA!!! i'm loving this series. i like it more than go-onger (although i don't like it much) . the heroism in this series is one of the great things about it , along with all the cool transformation and vehicle effects. the sound effects were SO cool to me for some reasons XD , Also that opening theme is amazing ^m^ i like it as much as kiva's .
"More power...and more.. AND MORE!!! Shiiine BRIGHTER!!!!"
Shado Kabuto
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Faiz Kabuto Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O Deka Magi Bou

Post by Shado Kabuto »

the suit designs are simple and great looking and henshin scene was cool hopefully they will flesh out the characters more later on the series
I walk the path of HEAVENS
Thanks Guile for the Kabuto Avy's and Signatures
thanks bauffie for the sig.
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Let's see...I've watched Rescue Force out of curiousity and this is what I thought:

1: Who's the band behind the awesome opening? I want to buy their album!
2: The same goes for the band behind the awesome ending!
3: Love the characters, except for Maaru-sama. Her voice irritated me and she's nowhere near as good as Lady Gold from Ryukendo (which she's one of my favourite female villains).
4: Love the costume design. Seems orange is the new black this year.
5: OMG! I'm scared of R4 now. I mean, she's in league with Hana/Kohana, in terms of hidden strength beneath their innocence. I'll remember I'm not going to her bad side ever again.
6: Reminds me of watching Thunderbirds (the original one with the puppets) when I was a young girl. Oh, the joys of childhood.
7: I'm delighted Ominbus Japan, the company behind the CGI effects of Garo and Ryukendo, are back.
8: Interesting concept that the Rescue Force ARE rescuing people literally and that they rescue first, kick butt second.

I'm going to watch the second episode in a moment, so I going to hold my judgement whether I like it or not.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

OP theme: camino - STORY
ED theme: TRIPLANE - Kokoro Hakobu

While the ED theme [IIRC] is already out, the OP isnt. Btw, at the OHP there's the lyrics for STORY
http://www.tomica-rescue.com/archives/category/song/
Sho-saka
NagoSan
Favorite series: Zero Punctuation
Dreamy: You tell me...
Favorite Actor?: Sato Takeru-san
Favorite Band: Erm...any?
My boom: Away with the faerys

Post by Sho-saka »

Raida|23 wrote:OP theme: camino - STORY
Thanks. I might go to take a look at the bands themselves.
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

Sho-saka wrote:
Raida|23 wrote:OP theme: camino - STORY
Thanks. I might go to take a look at the bands themselves.
I've checked, the OP single will be on sale in june, 25 [there's also a DVD ltd edition, of course]

Techol887
Go Go!
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Techol887 »

I already have a good feeling I'll be enjoying this show alot. It's still got all the crazy over the top elements and sense of humor that made Ryukendo amazing. Like that Whack-a-mole style crisis egg, really hilarious moment!

As an aside, Rescue Striker reminds me of Galaxy Convoy. Even more so during that CG cutscene
harpdevil wrote:
I look forward to seeing how this progresses, and I totally agree with you about the rookie taking the leading role, how many more shows are we going to see this in? His first day on the job and he's piloting the mecha (and he's the only one who can... what did they do before? and how come no-one was already in the R1 suit?), he's been in the academy one year and he has access to the teams most powerful and dangerous technique without any evidence he can handle it, and no, its just wrong and dumb.
I was getting the feeling that the writers were taking a jab at the rookie cliche by purposely piling everything onto R1
lkwREADer
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: Boukenger
2nd Favorite Series: Megaranger
Favorite Actor?: Keisuke Kato
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by lkwREADer »

I've never seen Ryukendo before and I took a look at this series because I thought the premises was interesting. Also because a bunch of my friends were watching it, and I'm a sheep. But overall, I was very impressed with the following aspects:

1. The OP rocks! Very catchy.
2. I took an instant liking to Hikaru as he was introduced. Reminds me a bit of Ban, if you turned down the hyperness a few times. However, when he's confused, I see shades of Tetsu. Kyosuke, I didn't really get a feel for in this episode, except that he's pretty laid-back. I like how Rei's a martial-arts girl, and she says that sooner or later, they'll need to know how to fight. Juri, I liked from the start - I just thought she was adorable and sweet. I'm drawn to that type of character. The villians, meh, they're not that great in my opinion so far.
3. Their transformation sequence was very different then what I was expecting from Sentai and PR. The sequence itself reminds me a little of Cruger's from SPD, with them being in a tube of some kind. But I thought it was cool, and I love their uniforms.
4. The ending sequence is also very cute.

So overall, I enjoyed the first episode. I'll be looking forward to seeing more :)
oddjob
Humongous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Ultraman Nexus
Quote: "Giving up" is what kills people.

It is only when a person refuses to give up no matter what that they earn the right of walking down humanity's noble pathway.

Post by oddjob »

This is the second time I watched this episode. The first time didn't quite get me into watching it, don't remember why, it was long time ago.

What made me watch it again then? The HD movie. I loved the movie.

This episode was really good. And since people are talking about Ryukendo being similar to it, I might give it a shot too.

It's funny how I didn't get into the show at the first time, but I loved the OP song and the OP itself. I never get tired of listining to that music.

I know I necro'ed this thread, but I think everyone who worked on this show will appreciate to know that even after such a long time there are still people enjoying their work.

Thanks to everyone who worked on their spare time to give us viewers these moments of pleasure.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Force”