Fire!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Rescue Fire 34 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

Rescue Fire 1-5 captured along with its captain. Who's going to save Rescue Fire? Fire-Tama, that's who.

Spoiler
Tama's Fire-3 costume being all put together like a bad cosplay in her dream was pretty funny and glad she didn't do that in real life. I was quite surprised that Tsubasa's comment about Tama's dream was all serious and really want her to succeed even though the others didn't take it that way. GaiaLeon's vehicle mode was a pleasant surprise and wasn't hyped up is a good thing. Joukaen is really nasty with using hostages all the time.
kaemmerite
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: JRPGs

Re: Rescue Fire 34 released

Post by kaemmerite »

This was an awesome episode, really tense, but Joukaen could've handled the situation better. Yeah he attacks the vehicles, but apparently he's really weak or the vehicles are unbelievably strong, since they didn't suffer any damage at all that I can see. Why did he stop attacking them anyway? Why not completely scrap them?

Why didn't he crush or destroy the Rescue Megaphones or Jetcaliburs? I know, I know. The answer to these questions is that it's a children's show and I shouldn't think too deeply about it. Also I suppose Joukaen has enough of an ego that he didn't think he needed to do those things.

The episode was more about Tama anyway, and I think they did a great job with it, especially putting Tsubasa in his place (I liked how they mentioned the cooking episode).

GaiaLeon's vehicle mode is pretty sweet too. I wonder how much use they'll make of it.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Tsubasa can't help himself from playing devil's advocate.

Chuukaen was funny the way she tried to use summon the vehicles using the wrong names.

It seems the cooking episode had an effect on how the Jakaen commanders treat her. Sakaen seems to have a soft spot for Tama-chan while Chuukaen seems to hold a grudge against her.

I liked how Joukaen is still a dangerous foe even though his plan failed. His ability to deflect RyuOu X-Giri is certainly impressive.

Mystery solved. The appendage on the back of Great Wyvern GX is the shovel arm from GaiaLeon's vehicle mode.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi wrote:It seems the cooking episode had an effect on how the Jakaen commanders treat her
Rescue Fire is strangely consistently about minor details like that. The Rescue Fire guys even refer to that episode when explaining it to Tsubasa. Not much changes with the main characters, so it's nice to know that the minor ones actually do

I actually liked the GaiaLeon entrance a lot more than I thought I would. Bursting out of the ground and saving anyone was pretty cool. And you'd think there'd be no suspense when the villains are going "huh, what's that? is that a new vehicle?!" since they show GaiaLeon's transformation in the opening sequence, but nope, they played the GaiaLeon music just at the right time to make it exciting
AeonRanger
Robo's Birthday
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Chou Sei Shin
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Actor?: Inuoe Masahrio
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
My boom: HENSHIN

Post by AeonRanger »

tama-chan kicked ass as fire-3 even though the chaksou was kinda lame. i actually wanted to see tama-chan chaksou into the proper fire 3. i think sakaen was kinda nice to try and stop choukaen from laughing at tama. for a moment, when gaialeon appeared, i thought rescue drill had shown up. finally what the hell was that crying at the end that has got to be the worst act cry i've ever seen
Tensou - Let me count the number of your crimes
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

I knew that Tama-chan wasnt going to really Chaksou but I thought that she would get a little more use out of the Rescue Megaphone. In addition, in her dream, she could have at least really been put into the Fire-3 suit...I mean even in my dreams when I Henshin into something, I dont end up looking like a cosplayer.

On another note, Tsubasa finally got a taste of his own medicine, but it also is a little convenient that the other RF members had trouble getting GaiaLeon to acknowledge them but it only took 2 seconds for him to acknowledge Tama-chan whom I dont think he has even seen before or heard.

Lastly, it is nice that we finally get to hear Tama-chans full name because even in the OP they refer to her as Tama-chan. Give the poor girl a proper name at least! Geesh! :mrgreen:

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wait what? Tama-chan doesn't have a full name
Akari
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR Faiz/Ryukendo
2nd Favorite Series: GARO
Dreamy: Yuria Haga(Mari/Mio)
Favorite Actor?: Shouma Yamamoto
Favorite Band: JAM Project
My boom: Tokusatsu!!
Quote: Ultimate Ryukendo! Raijin!

Post by Akari »

I didnt mean a last and first name, but she does state her full first name I think

Thanks to guile_bio for his help with the sig and gif
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

takenoko wrote:Wait what? Tama-chan doesn't have a full name
Actually, she does. Tamami Sugiyama. It's on the official site.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

Kamen Rider Ookalf wrote:
takenoko wrote:Wait what? Tama-chan doesn't have a full name
Actually, she does. Tamami Sugiyama. It's on the official site.
Takenoko-dono was joking, you know that right?
Kamen Rider Ookalf
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by Kamen Rider Ookalf »

...My mistake, then.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sorry to reverse your reversals, but I actually thought Tamami was just another nickname. I really didn't know the official site had her full name on there
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

About the only thing I really liked about this episode was GaiaLeon's entrance. The music cue really set the mood and, even though I probably knew it was coming subconsciously, something about it surprised me. Maybe I was just surprised at how much I liked it?

Oh Tsubasa...just because you can't talk to the girl you like is no reason to take it out on Tama-chan.

I kind of feel bad for the little girl that got dragged along with Tama-chan. It was probably a great feeling to find out she got a role on the show, and then the only thing she got to do the entire time was cry.

I guess what I disliked most about this episode was the unimpressive rescue plan...or lack thereof. Letting yourselves get beat up by grunts is not a plan. Even relying on Qsuke seemed like it was more of an accident than a plan, and it ended up failing.

Like others pointed out, Sakaen's lingering fondness for Tama-chan was a sweet bit of continuity. I almost forgot about that.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu

Post by Zazelle »

takenoko wrote:Sorry to reverse your reversals, but I actually thought Tamami was just another nickname. I really didn't know the official site had her full name on there
Oh...lol, my mistake then.

Return to “Tomica Hero Rescue Fire”