HeartCatch 18 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 18 released

Post by takenoko »

Summer's here, and that means summer outfits! I mean, the girls are really cute and the one piece dress is neat and all, but it always seemed weird to me. I mean, what purpose do those giant buttons serve? Plus those long sleeves

Now we've got the summer outfits which fix all that. We've got this nice white shirt on top. Since it's separate from the dress, it shows off the waist better. We lose the handkerchief, but the ribbon is higher up which looks better to me. Plus we get short sleeves for showing off the arms. Overall a great improvement

Also, Ban-kun the Banchou? Nice naming. (His full name is Ban Kenji just in case that wasn't obvious) Ban, what are you doing here?!
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: HeartCatch 18 released

Post by Magenta »

I think this is pretty much my favourite episode of the show thusfar. Superbly well written, fucking hilarious characters, and Kumojacky just being, no other word for it, a goddamn bro.

I found the entire thing 20x more hilarious because I have an RP character called Kenji. This one time we had the mandatory "manly men crossdressing to sneak in under the radar" situation and I ended up using the alias Keiko which was, err... Ban's mother's name in this. This was very >:|-inducing.

Also, it's pretty much a typesetter's nightmare. There's a speech bubble in one panel of the comic that is literally on screen for two frames, and the BANCHOU DENSETSU section of the ep is constantly plagued by Erika and/or Tsubomi appearing in front of the fucking signs.

And yet I forgive it all this, because it's just a simply fantastic little bit of show. Filler? Totally, utterly. And yet this and the Nanami episode show just how good filler can be and should be to earn it's place in a show.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Maybe for this episode we should call them Cure Black and Cure White. The two of them are Precure
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

I gotta say, Ban-kun's mom is really scaring me.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”