Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Re: Shinkenger Returns released

Post by Guardian07 »

prsentai wrote:I loled when i saw that all of the guy's suits had breasts during the song
Really? I hadn't notice that. Maybe they add them :? ?
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

Guardian07 wrote:
prsentai wrote:I loled when i saw that all of the guy's suits had breasts during the song
Really? I hadn't notice that. Maybe they add them :? ?
Pretty sure those were female stand-ins for the dancing. The question is if Shiken Gold was also a stand-in or the original suit actor.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Note, at the beginning of Shinkenger this artist did not draw Mako favorably at all. So it's nice to see him turn around on her
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

TG23 wrote:
Pretty sure those were female stand-ins for the dancing. The question is if Shiken Gold was also a stand-in or the original suit actor.
If there is a female suit actor(or dancer) with a body as big as Okamoto Jirou and not having a large chest, then no, it must be him. That raises a question; if Okamoto Jirou is doing ShinkenGold then what's stopping the other suit actors from doing that scene themselves.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I couldn't find a clear answer on Amazon, but does the DVD's packaging say that this special takes place after the series finale? It sure didn't feel like it. There was no commentary on why there were Gedoushuu out and about if Doukoku was defeated or anything else that would force it into the time line post-series. Regardless, the lack of series references didn't bother me much. I fall into the school of assuming the VS movie will explain how everyone ended up back together after they split to travel their separate paths.

Aside from that puzzle, I thought it was hilarious. I could see smiles creeping out here and there, but mostly I was amazed at how they filmed some of those sequences with a straight face. The fake-out as to when they escaped the illusion was played-out very nicely, using the title screen, credits and opening theme to try and distract the audience from the inconsistencies in that battle to the real world. Takeru's "Too long!" was a welcome throwback to the very first episode, and I really liked how closely they imitated the fight sequence from the series opening for the credit sequence in this special.

Mako punching Chiaki out made my jaw drop. They all weird ideas of what Mako meant to them, except maybe Takeru. Mako even said that she didn't know where her illusion world came from! Clever way to work in her image song. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites from the character song album, but the lyrics definitely suit her personality.

Oh, the school parody. I could write a post just on that one scene. The creepy hearts in Kotoha's eyes and Mako's disgusted reaction to girl!Takeru were both memorable. Kotoha really must have an abusive subconscious to put herself in a position to be insulted by female versions of her (male) teammates.

I missed the guys' cell phone straps, but I did enjoy the random English signs later on around the spaceship. And, of course, the way Takeru was miffed at the end because of how the others thought of him was a fun, light-hearted way to transition into the ending credits.

The farewell message is just one more example of how much it's obvious that the cast loved performing their roles. I really enjoyed Shinkenger as a whole, and this special helped remind me why.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>]I couldn't find a clear answer on Amazon, but does the DVD's packaging say that this special takes place after the series finale?

It doesn't, the summary on the back just describes the contents of the story and at the end calls it a "curtain call"

Speaking of comebacks, I missed your long thought out posts PHurricane. They're always kind of interesting to read
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm always relieved to hear that my posts can be considered interesting and not just tediously long. I know I'm guilty of over-thinking stuff from most of these shows, but I can't help it.

Mmm...so, there's a good chance it's more like the summer movies in that there are signposts that show when it generally takes place in the series, but it doesn't necessarily fit in between specific episodes. The "We've Returned!" part of the special's title probably had nothing to do with the characters returning from the events of the finale and was merely meant to acknowledge to the audience that Shinkenger had been off the air for a few months by the time it was released.

Maybe. Who knows?
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Nice

------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, it comes in that weird in cased box thing. Behind it is a photo book. It's a weird deal, but I guess it's bonus so who am I to complain? (It doesn't fit in my Shinkenger DVD Box set)

Return to “Samurai Sentai Shinkenger”