Kachou on!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Re: GCX 10 released

Post by Silentwolfdog »

Wow. It really was stressful watching this ep.

It kinda made me wonder how heck did I beat the game years ago, lol.

And it does show that even there will be something not everyone can do so easily. Like for example, some aspect of games that would require timing, which I suck at greatly that may come so easily for others. And there's some aspects that come so easily for me where others may struggle at. Interesting!
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>It kinda made me wonder how heck did I beat the game years ago, lol.

Nintendo Power?

>some aspect of games that would require timing, which I suck at greatly that may come so easily for others.

Probably easier for us since we're dudes
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

I remember playing this game religiously when I was still in elementary school, thing took away several hours of my life, just like any ggod game should. I don't think I ever used a turtle shell to defeat the sun in the desert world I was always able to stay one step ahead of it. To bad Arino got defeated I was really pulling for him to beat this one, oh well i'm sure there'll be other Mario games for Arino to clear. Looking forward to Season 3, I hope it's filled with as much epic as this season was. :o
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Silentwolfdog
Save the life
Favorite series: Garo (and many more)
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Iljimae 枝梅
Quote: I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Post by Silentwolfdog »

>It kinda made me wonder how heck did I beat the game years ago, lol.

Nintendo Power?

^Eh? Nah. I barely used any magazines back then for SNES era. Maybe game is just easier on Super Mario All Stars which is what I beat it on I think.
Showa wa yume ga atta jidai dakedo, ima wa yume ga nai
Red
Gao

Post by Red »

SwordHero1 wrote:
Red wrote:He might've also read that one can bypass the ENTIRE ordeal of the Battleship stage by just swimming underNEATH the ships. -_-
Actually... that wouldn't work too well.

In fact, here. Lemme post this. It will give you a lot of insight on this game. http://themushroomkingdom.net/smb3_j-e.shtml
Okay, so it would've been hard-er in the Japanese version but not impossible if he jumped out on to the last ship's bow. I'm sure the strategy guide would point out this strategy and when to jump out.
onreload
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: "We don't stop playing because we get old; we get old because we stop playing."

Post by onreload »

Thank you guys so much for releasing this episode! I can't believe he spent 2 hours on one %$#@ing level, though.

Also, don't know if you guys know this already, but your sales numbers are off for MGS and SMB1...by about a multiplier of 100; SMB1 sold ~40 million copies, not 4 billion, he says "yon sen man bon", or "4 thousand-tenthousands [10 million] units". Probably just a minor slipup, and doesn't affect the fact that you guys are awesome....though after "bon" it sounds like he says nijou which is to square something...? i don't know that word for sold. but yeah wiki says 40 million copies for mario so i'm pretty sure the number part is just "yon sen man." i was just like wtf @ 4 billion, that's all.
TheFreak

Post by TheFreak »

Sorry for not finding out about your translation sooner.

Actually, I'm quite grateful for this. Fuji TV just removed a short clip I had of GCCX from my Youtube account (After over a year of doing nothing! What the heck?) so this translation makes me feel a little better about that.

Thank you guys.
Jakten
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Jakten »

Thank you so much for this release! I'd been lurking around returning every month or so since the 9th episode came out. Very glad to see you guys are still translating this!
Hans22
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by Hans22 »

Thanks guys! Been checking every now and then as well, can't wait to watch this one! :mrgreen:
Mister Chief NZ
Adventure

Post by Mister Chief NZ »

Thank you guys from another great episode.

GCCX have been releasing exclusive challenges on the Nintendo Channel in Japan featuring games available on the Virtual Console including a re-challenge of SMB 3. I won't spoil it for those who are interested in watching it themselves.
EMZ998
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by EMZ998 »

Gotta post a quick thank you too, I was very impressed with how dedicated all these translation works are and considering how limited GCX is on the internet it is a great service to gamers everywhere that these are getting posted. Thanks again and again!
WesY2K
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by WesY2K »

Yeah, a big THANK YOU! GameCenter is really good. It connects with the nerd deep inside of me :mrgreen:
thesubcon3
Number 6
Number 6

Post by thesubcon3 »

This is by far my favorite Gaming Series. Great combo of comedy, retro gaming and amazing game centers and stores. Gotta love it. SMB3 would be hard for anyone who hasn't religiously played it like a lot of us did. I'm not surprised Arino failed but he did do poorly for someone who got really far in Lost Levels. I need to do a drunken nintendo challenge with the original Famicom version and see how people fare.

I hope we don't have to wait another 6 months for another episode! Once I get caught up posting all the translated videos on my site, (Wednesdays is going to be GameCenter CX Wednesday from now on until we're caught up) , then it'll be a wait until the next one is published. Hopefully you can get help from some more native speakers as I know you guys must be busy.

Return to “GameCenter CX”