< GekiRanger | Go-Onger | Shinkenger >
GolgoThirteen
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Chuck Norris
Favorite Band: Drake

Go-Onger moan

Post by GolgoThirteen »

Oh God no, they are dancing in the credits!!! NOOOO!!! Is there anything cool about them dancing like that? Oh no, please no!!! I was a kid once, I would have beat kids up for watching a show like this! Who in their right minds??!!!

But I love these Sentai shows and that evil robot lady has some awesome boobs (which they nicely zoomed in on, TRUE DAT!!!). I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is going to be worth it, Ive already heard some bad reviews of this show.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Re: Go-Onger 1 released

Post by Guardian07 »

GolgoThirteen wrote:Oh God no, they are dancing in the credits!!! NOOOO!!! Is there anything cool about them dancing like that? Oh no, please no!!! I was a kid once, I would have beat kids up for watching a show like this! Who in their right minds??!!!

But I love these Sentai shows and that evil robot lady has some awesome boobs (which they nicely zoomed in on, TRUE DAT!!!). I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this is going to be worth it, Ive already heard some bad reviews of this show.
Warning: there are going to be plenty of dancing(and singing) in the series so you better be prepared. Which series have you watched, by the way? Plenty of Sentai series have the actors dance in the credits. In the last seven years only Shinkenger and Boukenger don't have any dancing. My personal favourite is Dekaranger's ending credits. It's, as you would say, cool.

For all its 'flaws', Go-Onger has its own strong points and merits. Focus on those and you won't be disappointed.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
GolgoThirteen
Gao
Favorite series: Shinkenger
Favorite Actor?: Chuck Norris
Favorite Band: Drake

Post by GolgoThirteen »

Guardian07 wrote:
GolgoThirteen wrote:Oh God no, they are dancing in the credits!!! NOOOO!!! Is there anything cool about them dancing like that? Oh no, please no!!! I was a kid once, I would have beat kids up for watching a show like this! Who in their right minds??!!!

Warning: there are going to be plenty of dancing(and singing) in the series so you better be prepared. Which series have you watched, by the way? Plenty of Sentai series have the actors dance in the credits. In the last seven years only Shinkenger and Boukenger don't have any dancing. My personal favourite is Dekaranger's ending credits. It's, as you would say, cool.

For all its 'flaws', Go-Onger has its own strong points and merits. Focus on those and you won't be disappointed.
My Sentai resume is not too impressive, so that might be why I was shocked to see them dancin like a bunch of retarded backstreet boy imitators, lol. I didnt think it was terrible, it just reminds me of how embarassed I am with myself to be watching Japanese kid shows designed for 5-9 year olds, lol. My Sentai resume:

- "finished" Zyuranger (30 episodes apparently according to the fandom at large are terrible translations by some guy named RedRanger, the last 20 or so I watched raw and read some summeries online if I didnt understand what was going on. So not sure that really counts as "finished").
- finished Mighty Morphin Season 1
- just finished Shinkenger
- in the begining episodes of Goseiger, Go-Onger, Rangers RPM, and Mighty Morphin season 2
- about 25 episodes deep into Dairanger
- watched the first subbed episode of the first Sentai series, Goranger (that was the greatest, most hilarious, most terrible episode of any show I have ever seen! I love the special effects!)

I did cringe those few times Bandora and the gang broke out in song, but hey Im not suprised or disappointed to see corny shit in these shows, its to be expected in a kids show. Actually what attracted me to these shows first was the terrible special effects and production, and the illogical randomness in the plots: it takes me back to when I was five years old when things in these shows somehow made sense! At the same time, Shinkenger set the bar high for me, that was actually some really great TV.

The first couple episodes of Go-Onger were pretty good, so I think I will enjoy it. But I just checked out the first two episodes of Power Rangers RPM and WOW, I cant believe how good that show is, usually the Power Rangers shows seem ass and much more kid friendly compared to the Sentai, but so far it seems to be the opposite this time. I am VERY VERY impressed with RPM (versus what I expect to be a somewhat mediocre, more kid-friendly Go-Onger).
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

RPM was grittier and darker than the super kid-friendly Go-Onger, making it the preference between the two by a portion of the fans. It also had a more intricate story than Go-Onger, which is more episodic, character-driven and had less plot(the episodes are just as good IMO). The reason behind this is because Koichi Sakamoto, the guy who pulled off PR Lost in Space's EPIC finale, was at the helm for the entire series. The sad part is Disney had totally stepchilded(XP) PR by RPM, affecting the production of the show. It didn't help that RPM fare poorly in the US.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!

Return to “Engine Sentai Go-Onger”