HeartCatch 27 released

The cutestest anime ever subbed by a bunch of men.
Forum rules
Wiki Link
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

HeartCatch 27 released

Post by takenoko »

Oh good, looks like they reveal who the handsome young man is. So it's just like Sakura and her family member guardian spirit that's kind of cool...

Spoiler
...except the hair and eye colors are different. Mystery NOT solved! Hmmm...

I kind of don't want to see Tsubomi end up with the childhood friend, sorry dude, but you're too plain. I guess mysterious handsome guy can still be a love interest, but isn't it a bit too Freudian for him to be resembling her deceased grandfather?
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: HeartCatch 27 released

Post by Magenta »

I don't know why you're implying Tsubomi is going to end up with anyone other than Itsuki. They set the precedent last season by shipping Love/Setsuna so hard they needed new shipping channels so it's not like it'd be new ground :V

In other news, DAT SAS. God, I love her new look - it really suits her. All the villains, even Kumojacky, have this really svelte and lithe body form that long hair really brings out the best in, so I'm kind of feeling this is her original design and then the ponytail was brought in as an intermediate thing until they could change her over to it.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

What? No gay marriage in my anime. What is this, Revolutionary Girl Utena?

Yeah, I forgot to mention how good Sasorina looked with her hair down. Definitely makes her look a lot less like an onion princess
ryuzakiumi
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by ryuzakiumi »

Looks like that cleansing Itsuki gave Sasorina has worn off. She's back to her normal self it seems.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Magenta wrote:I don't know why you're implying Tsubomi is going to end up with anyone other than Itsuki.
Exactly. How can there be any other pairing besides those two?
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

Erika seems to be crestfallen because Tsubomi and Itsuki fail to see what is going on with Mitsuru.

I'm not sure how PETA would respond to having little boys protecting their crushes from stray animals.

I liked how Tsubomi's Grandma is still short in the photos of when she was young. It bothers me when old characters are drawn short just because they are old and drawn tall when they are young.

I was really hoping that Grandma's first love wasn't actually the person who she married. I think it would've been funnier that way.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That reminds me. I like how the episode title is called "Cure Flower..." and there is no Cure Flower in any of the flashbacks. What a tease! At what point was she Cure Flower? Guess that's a story for another day
TG23
Gabu
Dreamy: Hell Wolf-kun
My boom: Killing You Guys

Post by TG23 »

I call it now,
Spoiler
handsome guy in early episodes = grandpa
Grandma even hints that,
Spoiler
grandpa didn't seem to age when they were together
The incest shipping is born.

And yeah, I didn't care too much for the potential pairing of Tsubomi and her childhood friend. I liked her and the manga guy instead. But I'm also with the camp thinking it'll be some actual or psuedo pairing of Tsubomi X Itsuki.

But I'm pretty surprised with myself that I'm still watching this series. I didn't care for any of the other Precure series but this one is pretty entertaining.
OMAETACHI, KOROCHU!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I'm not sure what to think about mystery guy now. It would be a little strange if he turns out to be Tsubomi's grandfather-who-never-aged. I like the Coupe theory better. Coupe was Cure Flower's fairy, right? It would make sense if it had a human form that looked like his partner's first (and only?) love.

My heart goes out to Sasorina. I don't really feel like checking every episode, but I swear her targets always greet her by calling her a weirdo. I'd be cranky too if that's all I ever heard.
garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

TG23 wrote:I liked her and the manga guy instead.
Exactly. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw TsubomiXManga guy potential.

CURE FAIAAAAAA!
TG23 wrote: But I'm also with the camp thinking it'll be some actual or psuedo pairing of Tsubomi X Itsuki.
This is my main ship though.
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

The theory is still that Coupe is Zetsubou Kamen, and that he adopted the form of Sora because Kaoruko was lonely or something. I like it better than Sora being still alive. That just wouldn't be right.

Sasorina with long hair is definitely a good look.

Mitsuru is annoying. Called him being the Desertrian after 5 seconds. And lol, he thought Itsuki was a boy.
Which reminds me, why is she wearing her uniform during summer vacation?
markoclix
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger

Post by markoclix »

I really enjoyed this episode and from the preview, I didn't really think I would. I loved how nicely everything tied together and how many times it just made me go "AAAAWWWW". I also really appreciate how this series in general has kept the problems that the Precures are facing problems that the audience can care about. I definitely don't mind that there are only about 5-7 minutes of action in most episodes because they use the rest of that time making you want to see the Precures succeed after each person gets turned into a Dessertorain.

Return to “HeartCatch Precure”