Grandmother Said This

Because having more riders than a Sentai team can be good.
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Hibiki | Kabuto | Den-O >
kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Grandmother Said This

Post by kiyominai »

I spent a whole day typing this. I have to check the translations again just to make sure; for mostly all of them I decided to stick with Tv-Nihon but I'm not sure about some of them. Not saying they're wrong but I just like to make sure.

Credit: Tv-Nihon, Toei etc.

「おばあちゃんはこう言ってた。天の道を行き、総てを司る男………俺の名は天道総司」
Grandmother Once Said. "Walking the Path of Heaven, the Man who will Rule Everthing...My name is Tendou Souji"

「おばあちゃんは言っていた。世界は自分を中心に回っている。そう思った方が楽しいってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "Make the world revolve around you. It's a lot more fun to think that way."

「おばあちゃんは言っていた。人は人を愛すると弱くなる。けど、恥ずかしがる事はない。それは本当の弱さじゃないからってな。弱さを知ってる人間だけが、本当に強くなれるんだ」
Grandmother Once Said. "As people love each other they become weak. However, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Because that's not true weakness. Only those who know true weakness, truely become stronger.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。冒険が人間を強くするってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "People become strong through adventures"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。花は全ての女性を輝かせる。俺も同感だ」
Grandmother Once Said. "Flowers can make any girls glow." I feel the same way.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。どうせ冒険するなら、大冒険に限るってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "If you are going to adventure, make it a big adventure"

「おばあちゃんが言ってたよ。二兎を追う者は二兎とも取れ」
Grandmother Once Said. "Chase two hares, catch two hares" [Tv-Nihon Subs this part as "two birds"

「おばあちゃんはこうも言いました。汝、天の道を行き、総てを司るべし」
Grandmother once said. "Thou willl, Walk the Path of Heaven, and Rule everything"

「おばあちゃんは言っていた。病は飯から。食べるという字は、人が良くなると書くってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "Sickness occurs because of food. The word "to eat" is written using "Person" and "Good"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。友情とは友の心が青臭いと書くってな。青臭いなら青臭いで、それを本気でぶつけなければ意味がない!」
Grandmother Once Said. "Friendship is written using "friends" and "naive." If you're naive, then you're naive. There is no point to this unless you're seriously fighting."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。食事は一期一会。毎回毎回を大事にしろって」
Grandmother Once Said. "Each meal only happens once in your life. So make each and everyone important."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。全ての女性は等しく美しいと」
Grandmother Once Said. "All girls are equally beautiful"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。男がやってはいけない事が2つある。女の子を泣かせる事と、食べ物を粗末にする事だ」
Grandmother Once Said. "There are two things a man should never do. One to never make girls cry, the other to not handle food so crudely."

「おばあちゃんが言っていたよ。本当の名店は、看板さえ出していないって」
Grandmother Once Said. "A truely famous store does not hand out advertisements"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。戦いはへそでする物だってな。へそに気合を入れろ!」
Grandmother Once Said. "A battle is fought from the stomach. Put the energy from your stomach into it."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。仕事は納豆の様に粘り強くするものだとな」
Grandmother Once Said. "Work is as sticky as natto."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。悪魔の囁きは時として天使の声に聞こえるってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "Even the Devil's Whisper can sometimes be heard like the voice of an Angel"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。未熟な果物は酸っぱい。未熟者ほどケンカをするってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "Immature Fruit is sour, producing immature fights."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。子供は宝物。この世で最も罪深いのは、その宝物を傷つけるものだってな!」
Grandmother Once Said. "Children are treasures. The greatest sin in this world, is to hurt those treasures."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。本物を知る者は、偽者には騙されないってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "When you know the real thing, you won't be fooled by an imposted"

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。誰にもわからないように隠し味をつけるのは楽しい。だが、それを見つけるのはもっと楽しいってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "It's fun to add a secret flavor so no one knows. But, it's more fun to find it.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。美味しい物を食べるのは楽しいが、一番楽しいのはそれを待っている間だってな。食べたいならちゃんと並べ」
Grandmother Once Said. "It is enjoyable to eat something delicious, but the greatest joy is the time spent waiting for it."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。美味しい料理とは粋な物。さりげなく、気が利いていなければならない」
Grandmother Once Said. "Delicious cooking is alive. You must be nonchalant about it."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。どんな調味料にも、食材にも、優る物がある。それは料理を作る人の愛情だってな」
Grandmother Once Said. "No matter what condiment, no matter what ingredient..There is something greater. And that is the love of the person creating the food.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。この世にまずい飯屋と、悪の栄えたためしはない」
Grandmother Once Said. "There are no bad restaurants or bad experiments in this world."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた.「強さにゴールはない。俺はさらに強くなる。いつまでも、どこまでもな」
Grandmother Once Said. "With strength as a goal, I will become even stronger. Whenever, wherever".

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。手の込んだ料理ほどまずい物。どんなに真実を隠そうとしても、隠しきれるもんじゃないってな」Grandmother Once Said. "Fancy food does not taste good. No matter what truth you try to hide, you cannot hide it."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。刃物を握る手で人を幸せにできるのは、料理人、だけだと」Grandmother Once Said. "A knife in hand can only make people happy through cooking.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。自分に溺れる者は、いずれ闇に落ちる。この勝負、俺の勝ちだ」
Grandmother Once Said. "One that drowns in oneself, will eventually fall to the darkness. In this match, victory goes to me."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。たとえ世界を敵に回しても、守るべき物がある」
Grandmother Once Said. "Even if the world is full of enemies, there is always someone you must protect."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。料理の味を決めるのは下準備と手際の良さ。戦闘も同じだ」
Grandmother Once Said. "A cuisine's flavor is decided by preparation and performance. It's the same with battle."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。人生とはゴールを目指す遠い道。重い荷物は全て捨て、手ぶらで歩いた方が楽しい」
Grandmother Once Said. "Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty."

「おまえ達。俺の力を侮っている。おばあちゃんが言っていた。俺の進化は光より速い。全宇宙の何者も俺の進化にはついてこれない」
You guys take my strength lightly. Grandmother Once Said. "My evolution is faster than light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。子供の願い事は未来の真実。それを夢と笑う大人はもはや人間ではない.」
Grandmother Once Said. "The wishes of children are the future reality. Adults that laugh at such dreams are no longer humans.

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。絆とは決して断ち切る事のできない深いつながり。たとえ離れていても、心と心がつながっている」
Grandmother Once Said. "A bond is a deep connection that cannot be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are connected."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。人が歩むのは人の道。その道を開くのは天の道」
Grandmother Once Said. "People walk on the path of people. And that which opens the path is the Path of Heaven."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。俺は世界の中心。ならば、世界は俺が作ってやる」
Grandmother Once Said. "I am the center of the world, So, I will save the world."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。本当に美味しい料理は、食べた者の人生まで変える」
Grandmother Once Said. "Truly delicious food will change the life of the one who eats it."

おばあちゃんはこう言っていた。「俺が望みさえすれば、運命は絶えず俺に味方する」
Grandmother Once Said. "If I wish for it, fate will always be on my side."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。太陽が素晴らしいのは、塵さえも輝かせることだ」
Grandmother Once Said. "The sun is wonderful, it can make even the dirt shine."

「ばかばかしい。おばあちゃんが言っていた。正義とは俺自身。俺が正義だ」
Stupid. Grandmother Once Said. "Justice is myself. I am Justice."

「おばあちゃんが言っていた。世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ1つ。天の道を行き、総てを司る男。天道総司」
In this world, there is just one name you should remember. Walking the Path of Heaven, the Man who will rule Everything. Tendou Souji.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

天道:「一度しか言わないぞ…同じ道をゆくのは、只の仲間に過ぎない……別々の道を共に立ってゆけるのは」
加賀美:「友達だ。それは……お婆ちゃんの言葉か?」
天道:「いや……俺の言葉だ」

Translation:

Tendou: " I won't say this more than once... those walking the same path do not surpass being simply comrades. Those who are able to come and stand together, having walked separate paths are-"

Kagami: "Friends. Are... those your grandmother's words?"

Tendou: "No...those are my words."
kikaida
IXA
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Blade

Re: Grandmother Said This

Post by kikaida »

Beautiful :D
"There is no charge for awesomeness . . . or attractiveness." Po.
yumenotenshi07
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Dreamy: Yaguruma Sou
Favorite Actor?: Sato Tomohito
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by yumenotenshi07 »

Holy crap. That must have taken forever. I've always wanted something like this, but I was far too lazy to do it myself.

Win!

kiyominai
7X
Quote: おばあちゃんが言っていた「世の中で覚えておかなければならない名前はただ一つ。天の道を往き、総てを司る男……天道総司」

Post by kiyominai »

yumenotenshi07 wrote:Holy crap. That must have taken forever. I've always wanted something like this, but I was far too lazy to do it myself.

Win!
Lol thanks; believe it or not I'm not done yet. I still have to find more quotes (one's by Jyuka and some that I might've skipped)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Kamen Rider
Gabu