Goseiger Vocal Collection (Super Song Dynamic)

Souchaku! No wait...
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Goseiger Vocal Collection (Super Song Dynamic)

Post by takenoko »

So I've been listening to the new vocal soundtrack. Like any Sentai song collection, you've got the same singers doing the various mecha and super mode themes. I mean, it's okay, it's what you kind of end up expecting

But my favorite part of these CDs are the character songs. Well, last year was disappointing because ShinkenRed's song was mostly him talking over these kid's singing. This year, there's not really any character songs at all. You get Over The Rainbow which has all the actors singing together. I think they might contribute to the ending song, but that's pretty much it. Pretty disappointing direction...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Goseiger Vocal Collection (Super Song Dynamic)

Post by Catastrophe »

To be honest, most of the character songs usually suck because the actors cannot sing very well by themselves. In the Shinkenger one, the only good one was Genta's one. I'm still waiting for my Goseiger one to arrive though, so I'll reserve judgement for that.

Still, Kourin! Gosei Great is one amazing song. It's a shame it got seldom played in the series. It's probably the only good one from the whole series >_>

EDIT: I lie, Tatakae! Soshite Kate wo Eyo! and Super Goseiger are good as well. I have a thing for battle themes over openings (although some, like Shinkengers I like, but because it could double as a battle theme). My memory is quite temperamental.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I agree most Sentai actors can't sing, but I still enjoy those kind of songs the most. Plus, I hear Moune's actress is in a band? Even if I don't end up listening to the song again and again, I do appreciate the effort and the attempt. Plus it's not like they can't just use a computer to smooth out the rough spots nowadays. As long as it sounds relatively catchy, I'll probably like it
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That's true. I'll usually like most actors songs, but I've become more judgemental after listening to that version of STORY done by R1's actor. Not Sentai, I know, but it kind of has made me more judgemental lol.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Well, the Rescue Force songs weren't done very well though. I thought it was a bad idea to just give a song to an untrained actor and ask them to sing it. It just didn't seem like a lot of production value went into it

At least with the Sentai character songs, you do kind of get the sense that they do them in a way to dance around the weakness in that actor's singing ability.

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”