Shinkenger toys in the U.S.A... No really, I'm not kidding.

DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Shinkenger toys in the U.S.A... No really, I'm not kidding.

Post by DarkRanger99 »

SH Figuarts ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold are up on toysrus.com
ShinkenRed
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=11896448
ShinkenGold
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... FindSrc=rv

The description will make Sentai fans happy.
Product Description
Collectors, here's a unique opportunity to own a figure from the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger Japanese TV series, now airing in the US as Power Rangers Samurai! This distinct Power Rangers 6 inch Shinkenger Action Figure exhibits ultimate detail and the highest articulation in the Power Rangers line. The figure has sleek Samurai styling making it stand out from the rest of the pack. Attach the included hand accessories and create a dynamic pose, or make the figure ready for battle with all the gear! The Shinkenger Figure is an essential item for the Power Rangers enthusiast. Collect all figures to discover the Power!
20 Years and Counting!!!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Shinkenger toys in the U.S.A... No really, I'm not kiddi

Post by Catastrophe »

Coupled with the localised selling of Figuarts on Amazon, this is good for collectors. I wonder if they'll get the exclusives and then sell them non-exclusively? (like SSJ Vegeta)
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

Alright Bluefin. Put these up on amazon too so I pay no taxes so I can be a happy camper. (Yes I'm that cheap) But if I run into them at TRU I'll probably cave. Now if you make the rest of the exclusives release you'll have a loyal customer. I'm glad I gave up on BOA figures. These may be like 5 times the cost of a single BOA figure but it's well worth it to me.
I have feeling since PR is the biggest thing here we may see the Shinkenger exclusives as regulars here.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

Just wondering.....

What makes this Shinkenger and not Samurai?

They use the same outfit in the crappy US version except during the giant battle fight and when Shinkenger uses his super mode.

They should have given him his Super form just so their is a clear different because now the only different they have is the name on the box.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Because they are directly importing the Figuarts, which are made for Shinkenger in Japan, so technically not Samurai, but as you said because the costumes are the same, they are effectively the same.

The box will probably be the same, so it will say Shinken Red on it vs Samurai Red or whatever he is called.
atilim
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by atilim »

that's my point.

If you sell it in Japan like this it will be fine because there is no power rangers their (just a few dubs)

But the moment you important it you have to deal with the fact that their is Power Rangers toys out their. If your going to import dolls like that then at least make it clear that it isn't PR like...for example import it with the Super form toys.

Right now the only difference is most likely the box
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

atilim wrote:that's my point.

If you sell it in Japan like this it will be fine because there is no power rangers their (just a few dubs)

But the moment you important it you have to deal with the fact that their is Power Rangers toys out their. If your going to import dolls like that then at least make it clear that it isn't PR like...for example import it with the Super form toys.

Right now the only difference is most likely the box
Toysrus has always stocked imported figures. They've done it with play arts and other ones. Figuarts are no different. At most they'll slap the PR label and call it a day. They don't have to say it isn't a PR BoA toy. We can tell just by looking at the price tag.
There's no reason to say it's Shinkenger we just need to know it's the Shinkenger figuarts. There's a difference.
Edit: TRU Shinken Red is in stock in somewhere. This is a pic from someone else:
Spoiler
MacGyver572
Adventure
Favorite series: 555
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Deka's Jasmine
Favorite Actor?: Den-O piano man
Favorite Band: Back-On
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Decade's henshins

Post by MacGyver572 »

Yeah, I went by my local TRU today for a job interview and figured I'd have a look around the power rangers section just to laugh at the BOA stuff... and then i noticed a very shiny looking box... with strange symbols on it... and a very familliar english spelled word.... and although it was 35 bucks, I went from the back of the store to the cashier stand in under a minute and impatiently tapped my feet on the ground until I paid for it and left. It's exactly like all the SH figurearts packages complete with full japanese on the back. There is, although, a sticker on the bottom of the back and on the bottom of it that changes all the hazards and whatnot into english, but it's the actual SHF.... It has the shinkenmaru, the little symbol mecha thing, the Shishi (i think it's shishi... I'm not the best with remembering all the animal names...) origami, the Shodouphone in brush form, a REALLY big Rekka Daizantou, and 10 interchangeable hands. Oh yeah, and the hiden disc is removable from the Shinkenmaru. The Rekka Daizantou has a Shishi disc on it which isn't removable, but it does spin... Of course, because it's an SHF, the Shishi disc is QUITE detailed... it does come with instructions as well, and I was expecting japanese instructions, but it's all in english and they've slapped the "power rangers" logo on top. Not the "Power Rangers Samurai" logo, just "Power rangers". It's nothing short of awesome, and if you go right now, they have buy one get one 50% off and since i'm short on cash, I didn't use the offer to get me a ShinkenGold as well, but I think i'm going to have to soon...
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

These are avilable on amazon now too. At least red is for 34.99.
Caine_Tobias
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Miki Saotome
Favorite Actor?: Tony Jaa, Jet Li
Favorite Band: Gackt, Miyavi
My boom: Swords

Post by Caine_Tobias »

MacGyver572 wrote:Yeah, I went by my local TRU today for a job interview and figured I'd have a look around the power rangers section just to laugh at the BOA stuff... and then i noticed a very shiny looking box... with strange symbols on it... and a very familliar english spelled word.... and although it was 35 bucks, I went from the back of the store to the cashier stand in under a minute and impatiently tapped my feet on the ground until I paid for it and left. It's exactly like all the SH figurearts packages complete with full japanese on the back. There is, although, a sticker on the bottom of the back and on the bottom of it that changes all the hazards and whatnot into english, but it's the actual SHF.... It has the shinkenmaru, the little symbol mecha thing, the Shishi (i think it's shishi... I'm not the best with remembering all the animal names...) origami, the Shodouphone in brush form, a REALLY big Rekka Daizantou, and 10 interchangeable hands. Oh yeah, and the hiden disc is removable from the Shinkenmaru. The Rekka Daizantou has a Shishi disc on it which isn't removable, but it does spin... Of course, because it's an SHF, the Shishi disc is QUITE detailed... it does come with instructions as well, and I was expecting japanese instructions, but it's all in english and they've slapped the "power rangers" logo on top. Not the "Power Rangers Samurai" logo, just "Power rangers". It's nothing short of awesome, and if you go right now, they have buy one get one 50% off and since i'm short on cash, I didn't use the offer to get me a ShinkenGold as well, but I think i'm going to have to soon...

The Shishi disc of the Rekka Daizantou is removable, but doesn't fit on the shinkemaru
Sentok
Gao
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Blade
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Figuarts
Quote: Return that life to god. #1 Nago Fanboy

Re: Shinkenger toys in the you.S.A... No really, I'm not kid

Post by Sentok »

Yeah, I work at a Toys R Us, and as soon as I saw these come in I bought them immediately, as did my friend. The only sad thing is that the remainder we got in (12 total, so 8 left) have never moved, except one. I was really hoping they would pick up a bit better, because it would be beyond awesome to have the Gokaigers or Dekarangers come over as well, but honestly they just don't sell very well. Hopefully they are selling better in other TRU stores (I live in east Texas, probably not a lot of Toku fans out here).

Return to “Toys”