Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Agito | Ryuki | Faiz >
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

rewatching Kamen Rider Ryuki

Post by OOOKaiser »

I decided to re-watch Kamen Rider Ryuki since I don't understand why the rider battle has to happen. Plus I'm very confused at some parts. I got hooked on Ryuki again when I saw the Episode Final movie. Plus I can watch it while waiting for the next episode of Fourze to come out :D
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Re: rewatching Kamen Rider Ryuki

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Well the Rider battle has to happen because
Spoiler
it actually doesn't, isn't worth it in any case, and that's the whole point of the story in the end.
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Post by ReversedSentai »

OOOKaiser wrote:I decided to re-watch Kamen Rider Ryuki since I don't understand why the rider battle has to happen. Plus I'm very confused at some parts. I got hooked on Ryuki again when I saw the Episode Final movie. Plus I can watch it while waiting for the next episode of Fourze to come out :D
Spoiler
The rider battle occurred because Kanzaki Shiro wanted to grant Yui a life after she's supposed to die when she turns 20. Because of that, Shiro created the battle with the 13 Riders and claimed that the winner would be granted their wish, although he was really trying to grant his own wish by choosing the person with the strongest life to give Yui.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Okay I'm at the part where Gai gets killed by Ouja. And i'm glad he died heck he was annoying as hell and I can see why too. He got spoiled too much. For Ouja I'm really surprised he'd only became a rider for a few hours and he already killed someone. I can see why Kanzaki chose him as a rider.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Brace yourself for Asakura becoming the best character in the show.

Because that's what he is.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Therm_Kitty »

Rider needs another awesome Ouja-level villain. Seriously, I half-expected Asakura to show up in Decade, beat up a bunch of AR Riders and take their Kamen Ride/Attack Ride cards for himself. It wouldn't have even been out of character.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Well there was that one scene of him in the Hibiki World arc. Was his one line there done by Takashi Hagino (his actor)? Wikipedia says it was, but the voice didn't quite sound right to me...
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

I'm finally up to episode 37 and the tone has now become dark. I feel like the characters are dark now there isn't the same comic relief in the characters before. Asakura is still my favorite rider even though he's a murderous psychopath. Even though Asakura is strong as hell I don't think he'll last long with Kamen Rider Odin. In my opinion, Kamen Rider Odin is not a strong rider at all. Take away his teleporting powers and his ass will be wuped. After watching episodes 35-37 I think the show is centered around Ren more than Shinji o.o
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

But the fact of the matter is Odin DOES have that teleporting power. And floors the other Riders by backhanding them.

He's overpowered like that for a reason, though... Can't say more. Keep watching.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

finally finished watching Kamen Rider Ryuki. Tbh I disliked that they couldn't fit all the 13 riders at once but.. what I really disliked is... all the freaking riders died. Shinji died because of a fatal wound and Ren died because the fight with Odin was too much for him and the Kitadoka... he died of terminal cancer. Asakura died because he ran toward snipers. In the end everyone got revived. Still a good show though.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Spoiler
It's ambiguous whether or not TV!Ren died, they never say whether he's just sleeping from heavy exhaustion or dead. Also Ouja didn't run to snipers, he ran to a group of cops who shot him down.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Well the Riders all dying is part of the series' theme, asking the question of "when is it justified to take another person's life?"
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Spoiler
It's ambiguous whether or not TV!Ren died, they never say whether he's just sleeping from heavy exhaustion or dead. Also Ouja didn't run to snipers, he ran to a group of cops who shot him down.
I think those were snipers... and I'm pretty sure you don't sleep from a harsh battle but in my opinion I think Ren died from the battle. It makes sense too with all the riders dead it shows a moral to the show.
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

I've always liked Ryuki for asking the question "What makes a true Kamen Rider?" Of all these people who were granted power, who among them truly deserve the title, or does merely having the power qualifies you as a Rider?

Funny story; originally Asakura wasn't meant to survive for as long as he did. The initial plan as that he will last until Knight Survive kick his butt, then he's out. But apparently the production liked him so much that they kept him around, even though they don't actually have much for him to do. As a result later in the series, while he's still cool, he wasn't as great as during his early episodes.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ryuki”