Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ReversedSentai
T-N Hakase

Go-Buster Special Released

Post by ReversedSentai »

This was a very nice special. I wholeheartedly enjoyed it. Not gonna lie, but Enter looks pretty badass with that coattail when he transformed into Beet Buster.

I totally did not see Gavan appearing out of nowhere. That caught me by surprise, and I really like that. No further action or "Yoroshiku Yuuki" though.

Also, anyone else noticed that they used the same background music in this special as they did for the first episode of Decade preview at the end of Kiva and the Go-Onger and GekiRanger crossover? That was interesting.
Kairiki
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Miura Ryosuke
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Go-Buster Special Released

Post by Kairiki »

Most of my reactions to this were along the lines of "Wha...?" especially after Jin came in. But as usual for Go-Busters, in a good way.

(I just finished catching up on Go-Busters this afternoon!)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

A little silly and out there, but there were some good moments. J was awesome as always, and the part where they pretended to be the Commander and the others was downright hilarious.

Hi Gavan, fancy seeing you here? Oh, you're here for only this one scene?....cocktease.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Go-Busters 30 released

Post by takenoko »

Blazordra wrote:having the surprise appearance in the battle DVD was another good tie in. my only complaint, why didn't he talk, was the actor not available for the recording?
Why didn't who talk? You never specified who you were talking about
Coldfission
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Coldfission »

After watching this special, I immediately asked why didn't they make this an official episode? Aside from the tour, the story would have made a very good episode and the story would have brought some originality to the show.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe they felt that Enter transforming was non-canon? Don't you need to have the vaccine program to become a Buster?
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

This actually felt like someone pulled something out of the scrapped episode ideas notebook when they were deciding what to do for the special. All they really did was take a normal Go-Busters episode and take out the giant robots and supporting characters, which pretty much accounts for that missing eight or nine minutes anyway. Watching them goof around in the base was great. The plot was an Enter-style plan that worked exactly the way he wanted it to, and they even went to the trouble of actually making the full costume for Enter Buster with the coattails and circuit details all over the thing, instead of just a modded helmet like they could've done. Even the Metaroid was somewhat of an original idea, even if he was basically just throwaway. And the vaccine scenes in J's head, which would normally be the sort of thing that'd give away it's a wacky special, seemed pretty legit given the way Jin does things. Gavan was sort of in and out from left field, but I get that they're promoting the movie. Honestly, I would've loved to have seen this as an actual full episode.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Go-Busters 30 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Only person I can think of like that in that special'd be Gavan.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, rereading it, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks Mac.

Yeah, I mean, it's just a cheap special. It's pretty easy to just stuff any guy into the Gavan suit and have him standing around looking cool. If you bring in the actual guy, you'd need to pay him and schedule his time in the studio, etc. Normally in these specials all you get are the red ranger and the extra ranger, so just be glad all the Busters were in this special.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That was pretty good. Beet Buster looks kinda cool with the Wizard esque tail cape thing.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Enter pulls off Beet Buster well. Granted there wasn't a lot of new costuming required besides the Beet-Enter suit, but as a gag it works extremely well.
Kiriha
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Hibiki
2nd Favorite Series: Busters, W
Favorite Actor?: Tom Selleck
Favorite Band: Mat Kearney
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Sherlock
Quote: "Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock

Post by Kiriha »

takenoko wrote:Maybe they felt that Enter transforming was non-canon? Don't you need to have the vaccine program to become a Buster?
Ah, but Jin is an avatar as well, and he can transform. So I'd assume the same would work for Enter or Escape.

I really would love to see this make it into an episode somewhere. They have the suit, along with that Metaroid suit, so why waste them both on just an HBV?
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

Red Blue and Yellow Buster are able to teleport safely and thus able to fight thanks for the Vaccine within them. Jin's outfit comes from J's body so who ever J 'strips' (as put by Nick before) for before Beet Buster... Plus the Enter Beet was a cool costume design.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Wow I really liked the special here. My favourite scene was definately the Command Centre's documentary tour with the whole Nakamura, Morishita and Commander parody. Ryuuji as the commander cracked me up because either he sounds like him or he was lipsyncing the actual Commander's voice.

As for the battle, I really liked BeetEnter Buster a lot :D

EDIT: As for the placement of the Special in the overall series (if it were canon). It would be placed in between Episode 24 and Episode 25 or earlier than that. Why? I based all this on Ryuuji's hairstyle (Ryoma Baba seemed to trimm his hair in between the making of these two episodes). So this is why there is no urgency about the subdimension Mission.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”