Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Shinkenger | Goseiger | Gokaiger >
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

So what's the deal with this show?

Post by rizefall »

It seems that Gokaiger is the "Decade" for Super Sentai, but it also seems Goseiger uses cards just like Decade (or even blade for that matter) What do they do with their card thing? Morph into different ranger forms or to summon other stuff?

Maybe it's just a gimmick to morph, call on weapons and call zords which MMPR could do only by speaking and stuff?
"Lady Luck is smilin"
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: So what's the deal with this show?

Post by takenoko »

What's the deal?
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

takenoko wrote:What's the deal?
Disregard the title and focus on the post instead.

I get more confused when i read about the megaforce cards which supposdely are gonna be able to summon powers (or even morph them) into older rangers, that's the american adaption though.

What i meant was, what is this show about.. No rather.. How does the cardsystem work and come into play? What's it good for? Gokaiger is the ones that morph into other sentai with keys so Seiger has to use the cards for something else. I dont really find anything by googling and id like to know before i watch an episode as i'm stuck with so many shows already..
"Lady Luck is smilin"
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Is Decade the only card based toku that you watched? The cards are nothing more than being used to transform and access their attacks. It doesn't mean they become other members. Decade is more of an exception than the rule with card based powers.
lostinbrave
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by lostinbrave »

it is because saban is planing to use gokaiger footage for the zord battles, in their sequel season to power rangers megaforce which is being adapted from goseiger footage and will be called power rangers super megaforce.
So there is the confusion.Saban is just doing what they always do and mixing things around.
ImageImage
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

The cards are just there to promote the game system they're used for, same reason Datas' there.

In-universe explanation is that that's how they access their powers and use different techniques such as Camoumirage and Gosei Dynamic.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball

Post by rizefall »

Phoenix512 wrote:Is Decade the only card based toku that you watched? The cards are nothing more than being used to transform and access their attacks. It doesn't mean they become other members. Decade is more of an exception than the rule with card based powers.

Did you even read my first post? I was ASKING and even mentioning that the cards might MORPH THEM, give them WEAPONS and SUMMON ZORDS and not turn them into OTHER RANGERS as that's GOKAIGERS thing. Also i did mention Blade, if it would be similar to that, but for some reason you got stuck at "Decade", LOL!
Go-On Macaroni wrote:The cards are just there to promote the game system they're used for, same reason Datas' there.

In-universe explanation is that that's how they access their powers and use different techniques such as Camoumirage and Gosei Dynamic.
See now, this ^ was what i was looking for. Thanks!
"Lady Luck is smilin"
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

The "deal" with the Gosei cards is that there are three tribes of Gosei Angels, Skyick, Seaick and Landick, which each use a different kind of elemental magic, channeled through the cards.

As for whether or not to watch the show... Probably not. It's not horrible, but it has a dull start and takes a pretty long while to get good. Although Alata becomes kind of awesome after a comparitively-shorter while...
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

I see everyone talking about card toku,but ever anyone mentioned Ryuki?

Return to “Tensou Sentai Goseiger”