Go-Busters CQ Skills

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
BigSlim
7X
Quote: There is wisdom in tokusatsu shows.

Go-Busters CQ Skills

Post by BigSlim »

Close Quarters Combat. Must say some of Ryuuji's grappling is never before seen in super sentai. Its totally worth rewatching the series to see some of the holds he uses. Hiromu's sword work is excellent and Yoko had kicking skills that would make Wizard proud.

Problem... where are Beet and Stag Buster's fighting styles? what was memorable about them as sentai members? their finisher was awesome but to me it seems magiyellow would mop the floor with beet buster.

they couldve done alot with the military style combat moves after seeing the main three the fighting seemed to fall off with Jin and J.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Go-Busters CQ Skills

Post by takenoko »

Seeing pictures of the actors practicing the moves really made me impressed with the physical work that they had to put into the series.

I really can't see J doing amazing moves since his main thing is being a clumsy robot in a Buster costume. I guess Jin's excuse is that he didn't get the training the main three did over these last 13 years.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Re: Go-Busters CQ Skills

Post by butyoumight »

Seconding Take, and also taking this opportunity to give my darling Jinnai Sho some props.

I saw someone say once something about "I doubt Jinnai's really doing all of those stunts, he must have a stunt actor". This was before Enter Unite(d?) and Dark Buster, too. To that person, all I have to say is: watch the show again, and you show me how many times the camera cuts away from Enter's face during one of his hand-to-hand fights. There's a few times, yes (the flip down off the car in episode... 29? comes to mind), but by and large you can tell that is not a stunt actor doing those fights. It is absolutely Jinnai Sho (he's got a pretty identifiable face, even when he's in motion). You can just tell he worked his butt off to make these scenes engaging, regardless of whether he was fighting another 'face' actor or a suit actor, which is all the more impressive to me, since many of these suit actors have had literally decades more stunt experience than him. I mean, obviously the fights were choreographed, but still. He holds his own on screen with suit actors, some of whom have been doing Super Sentai since... well, before he was even BORN (Hachisuka Yuuichi, or Yellow Buster, had his start in Changeman, three years before Jinnai Sho was born).

I also just LOVED Enter's fighting style. It reminded me (forgive me BigSlim but I have to bring up the imitators for a second...) of Dillon from Power Rangers RPM. Dillon had a very unique fighting stike that was a lot of open handed/extended arm blocks, regardless of what he was blocking. This was incredibly accurate to his character, as he was partially a machine and had mechanical reinforcements throughout his body. He could smack a mook across the body with his arm fully extended without concern of dislocating anything or breaking any bones. This reminds me a LOT of Enter's fighting style, the amount of arm blocks and catching things with his hands splayed and what-not. Very much the way a machine with no concern of silly flesh wounds would fight.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”