Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Kyouryuuger 06 released

Post by Kuchiri »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kyouryuuger_Brave_06

COME ON!!!

I wonder how many KyouryuuJin combos there will be.

Easily the best mecha call ever. I really do hope Ramirez does come back. This was also a really good Amy episode, even though she had a pretty generic power. Hopefully we'll see Nossan use it for comedic effect.

So there is no cockpits in the mechas so how does KyouryuuJin's cockpit work?

So if ZyuDenchi 6,8,9,10 are like Rameriez with ZyuDenchi 7 does that mean we officially have 'deca'ranger? Also is it ironic that this is Reversed Sentai's project and he's been chilling with Dekaranger signatures for a while now?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kyouryuuger 06 released

Post by zeta_gundam »

I was trying to look out for the emotion mask on Virusun. I don't see any. Strangely, the official page for the Virusun says that his emotion is "Joy". But Canderila didn't recognize him by name. We see that all the monsters created in modern days have the mask, but the older ones that got revived like Hyougakki and Virusun don't.

I kinda wished that Cyan could go into the cockpit of KyouryuuJin Mucho.

So... Brave 3 - Zakutor. Brave 4 - Parasagun. Brave 6 - Ankydon. Dear Bandai, did the Go-Busters toys sell so badly that you have to market a new toy almost every other week? Lol.

Spoiler
Not to mention, we see another ZyuDenRyuu (looks like Pteragodon) in the preview too.

I'm more interested in seeing why ZyuDenchi 6 (Pteragodon) is with Chaos. Does this mean this 6th Ranger would start off like an evil Ranger, like how DragonRanger and AbareKiller started off? Furthermore, ZyuDenchi 6 looks very different from the other ZyuDenchi. The others have a silver rim, while Pteragodon's has a black rim. Is there some rule that says the extra Ranger for dinosaur-themed sentais have to be bad first or something? XD
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

This series is reminding me a lot of Gekiranger and sadly Jungle Fury. Spirit Ranger! The way he said that sounds like he might be playing Ramirez again in a couple of years for Saban.

Gekiranger was one of the sentai that had a new attachment for GekiTouja every other week. While I know other Sentai did that. I think the whole master pupil thing going on with the Ancient Kyouryuugers and the new team just fits better with Gekiranger.

Also... What's the age of consent of Japan. I'm sure Ramirez being a 540 year old man and the Virusun being well... over five hundred at least is definitely doing some pedophilia with Amy. Who would've been 15 at the time of filming. Shame on you Gordo....Shame.
SacredCultivator
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Dreamy: Ichimichi Mao
My boom: Fansubbing

Post by SacredCultivator »

Anyone else get the Power Rangers Turbo vibe?

Blue Turbo => Lil kid that gains height when he morphs
Cyan => Slims down a bit to not look as bulky
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It was pretty fun to see an Amy episode.

>I was trying to look out for the emotion mask on Virusun. I don't see any. Strangely, the official page for the Virusun says that his emotion is "Joy"

I think Virusun is considered joy because of the teamup in this episode. I see a face on his right chest, but I'm guessing that's not an emotion mask?
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I guess “disappointed” is the word I’d use to describe this episode. It wasn’t bad, but it was such a typical sentai episode that I feel like you could plug most of it in to other seasons and it’d fit just fine without much tweaking. I think part of my problem is that everyone keeps calling Amy a tomboy, but she doesn’t act like one. The whole trick to her luring Virusun out of the ZyuDenchi was by having her act super cutesy, which isn't a radical departure from what we've seen over the previous five episodes. It seems like a step backwards to imply that girls who can defend themselves and don’t use formal polite speech are automatically "tomboys", because Ahim certainly used formal speak and was a tough fighter, but no one would dare hint that she was anything less than a lady.

Evidently that bothered me more than I realized. Let’s talk about Ramirez. Given the way his final conversation went, I’m expecting that he’ll pop up at random points throughout the series. Despite what I said above, I thought his dynamic with Amy was rather amusing, considering he goes from being scared to death from riding the bike with her, to being infatuated with her, back to being terrified of her when she takes Virusun down hard.

Random points:
-Ian’s decision to search with binoculars would have seemed smart...if the announcer wasn’t saying at that exact time that Ankydon was moving underground. Unless he borrowed them from the Go-Busters, I doubt they’ll be helpful.
-Amy, one more bone to pick with you: what was with the transformation without dancing?!
-Nossan is clearly the only adult in the group. I loved that he tried to point out that Daigo shouldn’t be praising Amy for jumping into a fight without thinking the consequences through.
-Speaking of mature, Souji’s reluctance to act too silly with his posing in Macho’s cockpit was adorable. He's probably more mature than Nossan in some respects.
-“I love you.” Oh the bad, bad flashbacks to Jealoushitto.
-That was a weird upside-down camera angle after Virusun grows big.
-Candelira's song was surprisingly catchy. Can't wait until it's officially released so I can listen to it without all of the other audio interference.
-Oh, hi there Chaos. So nice of you to try and keep us close to numerical order with the warrior ZyuDenchi. Since we got some nice screen time for all the other villain commanders this week, it's nice to see that you'll be hitting the battlefield next week as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's an interesting point about Amy's tomboyishness. I guess that comes out more in the subtle aspects of her behavior. Like her kicking at Ian in ep 1 or her riding the bike while Ramirez rides bitch seat. It definitely comes off as a case of "tell, don't show". Anakin's a good guy, but his behavior never supports that. Tooya is good friends with Gavan and Itsuki, but he's obviously evil.

I guess she's more spunky than tomboyish. Sort of comes off as more of a yellow than a pink of recent years.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Amy transforming without dancing was a smart move since she would have fallen asleep if she wasted energy on dancing. I didn't mind Amy using her charm against Virusun. It's not like she doesn't have it and suddenly using it. She can pull it off from years of being a rich girl in front of her parents. I like Amy even though people hate her for saying "Wow!" too much.

Nossan is 32 so yeah he's pretty much an adult at this point. Amy and Souji are 18, Daigo 20, and Ian 23. It's nice that they have older members now.

Candelira's VA is actually a singer and has released various singles and albums.

I was reading somewhere that there are two types of Debo Monsters. You got ones made from items and related to the various Chevaliers and then you got the ones like the Ice Age guy and Virusun who are from the past and based on extinction events.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Phoenix512 wrote: Amy and Souji are 18,
Souji is 16.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kyouryu/character/green.html

Still says sixteen on the official site. I wonder where the bios from the picture you linked came from?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Ah, interesting. Guess we should go with the official site then
JonSilver
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by JonSilver »

Looks like they may actually tie Dekaranger for the number of suits. That interview with Robert Baldwin was kinda funny too, asking a dude who speaks fluent Japanese to deliberately speak in a horrible accent haha.

The speed with which they're getting new parts for Kyoryuujin is pretty fast though... and while it does remind me of GekiRanger, I'm thankful that their finisher looks nowhere near as ridiculous as GekiTouja's did.
DarkraiOfDoom
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: TensouSentaiGoseiger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pie
Quote: What is game night?
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by DarkraiOfDoom »

bad guys have the battery, can't say I didn't see that coming =/

at first I thought HMM, MAYBE CHAOS IS THE 6TH MEMBER!

so then I looked at the other commanders

doGOLD

*squints* that's suspicious.

idunno, not sure if clever naming is supposed to throw me off or not, w/e I could be completely wrong xD
List of KR/SS shows I've watched:

KR: All heisei era series bar Hibiki.

SS: Dekaranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Go-Onger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyouryuuger and Akibaranger (unofficially).

Currently watching: KR Gaim and Tokkuger.
Quetzalcoatl
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Black RX
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Yuriko Shiratori
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Kumbia Kings
My boom: Lowriders
Quote: "Chicanos killing Chicanos is what they want! Blacks and Chicanos killing each other is what they want! That's how they run this place. Once we get together they don't run shit!"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Wells Its Official I have fallen for Candelira and Amy.
Is it weird to to have a crush on a monster?

Anyways, I love this episode, weird though seeing Baldwin speaking with an accent though.

Is it me or do I keep hearing a lot of one piece reference? I think it just me. Keep hearing hearing Mero Mero everywhere and just think of Hancock. Ignore me for now lol.

I love that scene when Candelira jump in joy saying how cute Amy Samba Transformation lol XD

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”