Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 02 released

Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 02 released

Post by Darkwings »

JonSilver wrote:This is the first time I'm watching a Garo series so um... yeah, nudity and sex in a toku is like, really, REALLY new to me.

Question: Have the "suits" in Garo always been CG? They're not that bad, but I just noticed after that really well choreographed fight on the escalators before they transformed, the CG animation just doesn't seem as smooth by comparison.
Well, go and watch the first arc and you'll be blown away by the last episodes...

Anyway, the armors has been made both with CG and with standard materials since in some scenes they need to make it appear/disappear flawlessly, fly around, decompose in brilliant dust etc. Basically they use whatever method looks better.
The special "Garo TV" (the making of a movie) shows the rope-fu scenes and the green screen ones.

On this new Garo I've seen more high quality CG stuff, but sometimes the CG characters look too much like puppets due to bad physics.
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

Zaruba is our connection to the past. Also Ikeda is really trying to shed that kid show image huh? I like the series so far, but I need to see more. I think the CG was a little bit over done. They have always been able to decent fight scenes w/ wire work. IMO the CGI wasn't necessary for the action (visual effects, though? yeah).

m4rc0
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Quote: Hit the beat, keep your beat
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by m4rc0 »

I knew I recognized that guy playing the horror! He's Mad Gallant!

Oh, Way to go, Gai. And Garo shows fanservice again. Gai's jacket/coat is pretty cool.

Lian is super hot. But I prefer her in civillian clothes. That black wig and glasses suited her perfectly.

So, Magic horrors that are forecfully put into capable people and can act during the day. That's an interesting new concept for the series.

So, Vol city is run by a single family. Obviously, they`ll have something to do with the horrors.

The action was amazing again. This series started very well.

I wonder why the armor was flashing like that ang giving Ryu flashbacks.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

It seems pretty obvious from the opening sequence that this wasn't just some passing of the baton. Also,
Spoiler
the ending to the last series suggested (to me, at least) that Kouga died in the Promised Land. If that's the case, then Zaruba may have been recovered, but we could assume the armour was destroyed and had to be reforged (hence the opening).

Some other questions arise from the armour's reaction. Is it rejecting him because there's no contract? Is it trying to show him that only those with pure intent (deep down, at least) can use it? Considering these Horrors have makai energy, it could just be a reaction similar to putting two magnets together... But it could also have a much deeper meaning. Sure, he was given the Garo armour, but has he earned it? The armour seemed to begin fully glowing only after he showed determination in cutting down the Horror. Before that, the glow seemed to be caused by an explosive release of makai energy (note the glow when he was fighting by the escalators before summoning the armour) and at first seemed to be reflected on the armour, but later the whole thing was glowing, which leads to another theory:
Spoiler
Could it be the Garo armour is somehow low on power and is absorbing the makai energy from the Horror to "fill its batteries"?

Gai and Lian are obviously the eye candy for this season, and I love the fact that there's now a prominent archer (too many Makai swordsmen in this world). Lian's strangely overdressed for a Makai Priest, but the outfit really seems to suit her personality thus far. She's no Rekka, but I've certainly got no complaints. I wonder if the gun was one of the new developments to make priests less of a support role after the events of last season...

I also have to wonder if the new form of Horror is also related to last season's events. Leo did a lot of experimentation with Inga when developing his technology, and this would be a viable development of that research. It also might mean the Horrors have some immunity/resistance to attack and (as Zaruba pointed out) can keep off the radar.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Darkwings
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Darkwings »

I didn't see the last movie yet (like many others) so I don't know what happened to Kouga, but yes Zaruba being passed is indeed a major thing.
I doubt they're not going to explain it properly and for the same reason I doubt that it's just there to avoid the alienation of the existing fanbase (since everything else radically changed).

Previously on Garo:
Spoiler
Zaruba was damaged and the repairing method wasn't something easy to do at all (and surely not by any random priest), also its memory was deleted at some point. Each sentient device forges a contract with a Knight to work properly and forging a new one should be on the same level as the repairing process, requiring a master priest and a proper ritual... and most probably a horror's blood or some other special material so... yeah, Zaruba's presence is a BIG element in Garo3.

If they do the same they did with the 'goldfish' embedded in Kouga's coat in Garo2 we'll need to see that movie to know what happened.
Ryumeiou Salamandes
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Kido Shinji
Favorite Actor?: Satou Takeru
Favorite Band: GReeeeN

Post by Ryumeiou Salamandes »

I think Takeru says 'まあでも, 金城津 おうさますぐが支配するまちから', it's mean: "But, King Kaneshiro Tsu has since ruled in the city". So, where's the family. That's what I wonder, because it affects the plot of the series. Thank you!
龍 Ryu: Long, ; 冥 Mei: Minh, ; 王 Ou: Vương

龍冥王 Ryumeiou - Long Minh Vương - Dragon Dark King
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I wondered if it was Kaneshiro Tsuu, but I wasn't sure since I didn't get any results from google. I thought I heard zoku in there, but that might have been a mistake.
Ryumeiou Salamandes
Kamen Rider Club
Kamen Rider Club
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Kido Shinji
Favorite Actor?: Satou Takeru
Favorite Band: GReeeeN

Post by Ryumeiou Salamandes »

Hmm, maybe it is 金城ズ Kaneshirozu - Kaneshiros. I'm sure that the writer had intended such, because Kaneshiro Group is including the business and commerce industry, I thought.
龍 Ryu: Long, ; 冥 Mei: Minh, ; 王 Ou: Vương

龍冥王 Ryumeiou - Long Minh Vương - Dragon Dark King
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Guys, I don't like that this show has relied heavily on CGI for the armor fight scenes now. You hardly get to see the actual suit anymore. I don't know if its because its too heavy for the suit actors to wear or other reasons, I just dont like it. Seeing a CGI armor fight is like seeing a CGI Superman in the last episode of Smallville. It's that bad for me. Anyways, the boobies was a little random in the beginning. Not used to seeing Gai be a mature character now. The main thing that did shock me was Ryuuga's problem with the armor. Wonder what the flashback scenes are all about. Oh yeah, Lian is hot. I will enjoy seeing her in this series. She doesn't have Rekka's nice legs but she still is pretty to look at.
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

Well, I must admit, it is getting more interesting. The new dramatic scene music is OK although it sounds a bit like a budget version of the original theme.

It doesn't really bother me how much CGI they use so long as the story's good. I also prefer Rian in civilian clothes. Hopefully they'll reveal more about her because she hasn't really got much of an introduction like Kaoru did. All we know is that she wears civilian disguises. Maybe they're going to introduce someone else, although I doubt it because she's in the ending.
Netto no Zen-Aki
Gabu
Favorite series: Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Rider
Quote: "We cannot change the past, for it is written in stone. So we look to the future, for it has yet to be written."

Completed:
KR- Ryuki, Kabuto, Kiva, Den-O, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
Sentai- Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-On, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Go-Bust, Kyouryu, ToQger
ETC- Ryukendo, Rescue Force, Rescue Fire, Garo, Garo: Makai Senki, Garo: Yami

Current:
Shuriken Sentai Ninninger
Kamen Rider Ghost

Post by Netto no Zen-Aki »

Have to admit, I wasn't expecting to like this series just because Kouga wasn't around, but the new guy isn't that bad. Also, the fact the armor is, for lack of better words, incomplete, is a nice touch. A Makai Priest with a gun? that's new and interesting.

I'd really like to know how much time has passed since the end of "Makai Senki" to "Yami wo Terasu Mono". I mean, Zaruba being rare is kind of a given since he's a smartass that didn't even hold back when talking bluntly with Kouga or Rei or even Leo.

Still, this series has a good line up and plot points to start connecting.

Also, can't wait to see the other armors. In the Preview:
Spoiler
The archer in the preview looks cool

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”