Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Konishi Ryousei
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: K-Dramas
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 01 released

Post by Alessar »

Saejima Kouga wrote:Who's the Knight with the glasses? He looks familiar.
I agree with you, he looks strangely familiar. It's probably a case of this character look matches someone else we've seen, not that we're recognizing the actor. And, I kind of think the guy looks like the live-action version of an anime character I can't place. Then again, maybe it's just the glasses.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Alessar wrote:
Saejima Kouga wrote:Who's the Knight with the glasses? He looks familiar.
I agree with you, he looks strangely familiar. It's probably a case of this character look matches someone else we've seen, not that we're recognizing the actor. And, I kind of think the guy looks like the live-action version of an anime character I can't place. Then again, maybe it's just the glasses.
Not sure if this was answered yet, but his name is Aoki Tsunenori, and as of right now the only other thing I believe he'd be known for is TeniMyu. He's the 2nd Season First Cast's Atobe Keigo.

Spoiler
Jushin Liger
Gao
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Favorite Band: Metallica
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: of doom

Post by Jushin Liger »

Great first episode, good to have Garo back, looking forward to what comes.
Ikari no Jushin

Miyagishin
Humongous
Favorite series: Den-O
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Suit Actors!
Quote: To overcome the intelligent by folly is contrary to the natural order of things; to overcome the foolish by intelligence is in accord with the natural order. To overcome the intelligent by intelligence, however, is a matter of opportunity.
--Zhuge Liang

Post by Miyagishin »

I actually like the way this series is filmed. I noticed more action in this episode then the previous two series had. I was delighted to find that Makoto Yokoyama directed!

I have high hopes for this series. The stunts and action was fantastic, and I actually really like the casting choices.

I actually like the effects of the wedding bouquet shooting beams, and the lighting from the stun rods. Hopefully the CG in this series has the same standards throughout. Garo ~Makai Senki~ was almost unwatchable at certain times because of awful effects.

Anyone know if they are going to use suits for Garo ~Yami wo Terasu Mono~?
Spoiler
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I didn't like it. I'd just finished Makaisenki and didn't know this was a different story though, so I know my judgement is clouded a bit. I knew they weren't gonna carry on with Kouga forever and I was surprised when they got him back for Makaisenki considering how long it had been but this new guy will take some getting used to. I prefered the first two series to be honest.

For some reason it being set in the future in a made up city annoys me. I don't know why. And it didn't feel like Garo particularly either. Maybe they're starting off light and then gradually starting to bring more of what we know back into it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Tomos wrote:I didn't like it. I'd just finished Makaisenki and didn't know this was a different story though, so I know my judgement is clouded a bit. I knew they weren't gonna carry on with Kouga forever and I was surprised when they got him back for Makaisenki considering how long it had been but this new guy will take some getting used to. I prefered the first two series to be honest.

For some reason it being set in the future in a made up city annoys me. I don't know why. And it didn't feel like Garo particularly either. Maybe they're starting off light and then gradually starting to bring more of what we know back into it.
I don't really like the new Garo that well. The suit is pretty good though.

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”