Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 10 released

JustiFan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Garo Yami wo Terasu Mono 10 released

Post by JustiFan »

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one then that thought the Garo armour looked more realistic in this episode? If I didn't know better, at first glance I would've almost sworn that they used a real suit. I had to go back and watch that part again just to notice the hints of CGI.

I wasn't sure that Omnibus Japan weren't doing the effects this time round but I sort of guessed. Mainly because the openings for the first two shows had their name written in big English letters and this one doesn't. :lol:
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Anyone knows the name of the new studio in charge of the CGI? And the reason why Omnibus is not in charge anymore?
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

At first I found the love story a bit cliche. I'm glad it didn't last long. It annoys me that on Japanese shows you aren't allowed to just have bad parents, they always have to have a reason. Maybe they don't have so many bad parents over there.

I was wondering if Tsuboi was gonna die then I thought it would be pointless him dying just for the sake of it.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

Dragonfan wrote:Anyone knows the name of the new studio in charge of the CGI? And the reason why Omnibus is not in charge anymore?
No Omnibus Japan is still in charge of the CGI. They're on the staff list: • VFX/CG - オムニバスジャパン

>>>Image<<<
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

Tomos wrote:At first I found the love story a bit cliche. I'm glad it didn't last long. It annoys me that on Japanese shows you aren't allowed to just have bad parents, they always have to have a reason. Maybe they don't have so many bad parents over there.
believe me, there are some awful, awful parents in japan media. the reason they try to give them a reason, i believe, is that they are trying to make them into 2 dimensional characters and not just "bad parents for the sake of bad parents"
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Yeah, shitty parents don't just decide one day "I'm going to be utter shite at raising my child" and proceed that way. They usually do have a reason, and Tsuboi's dad has a pretty good one: he's a stern, traditionally masculine Japanese man who is highly invested in his career, and his son is sensitive and a loner. The dad has not a single clue how to handle his son, because he's basically a salaryman (although in the police force) and has been largely absent from the kid's life until the mom died and he had to step in full-time. But he does love his son and wants the best for him, he just has no idea how to express that, until Ryuuga gives him the opening to do so at the end. Ryuuga helped their family heal just a little.
robinosuke
Shinobi
Shinobi
Favorite series: Kakuranger, Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kyoryuger, Garo,KR W
Dreamy: ♥Yayoi & Rian ♥
Favorite Band: JAMProject,Project R
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Nanika wo eru tame ni wa, Nanika wo sutenakya~
-Basco ta Jolokia

Post by robinosuke »

I don't know if it is allowed to post a reply to an old thread but i just want to quote a fact from one of my friends

"BTW, interesting tidbit:
Togen no Fue, Soukoku no Maryu and Yami wo Terasu Mono were all filmed together last year, believe it or not. So when episode 1 was aired it had already finished filming all episodes. This is probably why the action is reduced, they probably had to spread the budget to all three projects
"

so maybe this explains why Souji Rippukan's actor is an extra in this episode

Return to “~Yami wo Terasu Mono~”