Ultraman Ginga Kaiju Trivia

Post by zeta_gundam »

*Will be updated accordingly when an episode is released.*

Episode 1:
Black King (ブラックキング)
  • Height: 65m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 60000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Series: The Return of Ultraman
  • Trivia: In The Return of Ultraman series, Black King served as Alien Nackle's bodyguard. Together with Alien Nackle, Black King managed to defeat Ultraman Jack!
Alien Valkie (バルキー星人)
  • Height: 49m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 22000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: Ultraman Taro
  • Trivia: Alien Valkie is a space fisherman. He came to earth in Ultraman Taro to hunt the Samekujira to make his mark in the universe. Alien Valkie made his next appearance in Ultraman Mebius episode 16 as one of the aliens fighting Zamusha.
  • Translation trivia: Technically, Alien Valkie's name ought to be "Being from Valkie". バルキー星 = Planet of Valkie, while 人 = Man/Being. A more 'accurate' translation might be "Valkyrian" or "Valkierian". However, since "Alien Valkie" is rather established in the Ultraman fanbase, I went with that instead. In general, when there's 星人 (seijin) in the kaiju's name, it's usually translated as "Alien". For example, "Alien Baltan" is actually "Baltan Seijin".
  • Translation trivia: Another translation you'll find online would be "Alien Valky".
Thunder Darambia (サンダーダランビア)
  • Height: 40m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 40000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original appearance: Ultraman Dyna, as Darambia
  • Trivia: This Darambia is actually the fourth incarnation of Darambia. The first Darambia is a gour-legged monster that kinda looks like a spider. The second Darambia is Neo Darambia, which is a bipedal dinosaur-like, recreated from the remains of Darambia. Neo Darambia II is simply a black-colored Neo Darambia (Neo Darambia I is light brown in color). Thunder Darambia is basically a slight modification of Neo Darambia, the major change being that the back of Thunder Darambia has been modified to look like lightning conductor rods.
-----

Episode 2:
Kemurloid (ケムール人)
  • Height: 30m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 15000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: Ultra Q
  • Trivia: In the Ultra Q series, Kemurloid came from the future and hails from the planet Kemur (hence the name Kemur-jin). Kemurloid is apparently a next possible evolution for humans. (Eww?) Kemurloid II made his appearance in Ultraman.
  • Translation trivia: The Ultraman fans have long called it as "Kemur Man". However, this isn't a very accurate translation. A more accurate translation would be "Man from Kemur", which is quite a mouthful. Possible translations include "Kemurroid", "Kemurloid", "Kemurrian", "Kemurlian". I went with "Kemurloid" instead.
-----

Episode 3:
King Pandon (キングパンドン)
  • Height: 63m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 68000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: UltraSeven (as Pandon)
  • Trivia: Pandon's first appearance was in UltraSeven, where it was first defeated by UltraSeven himself. The Ghos Aliens then modified Pandon into Modified Pandon (second incarnation), but it was defeated by Seven as well. The third incarnation of Pandon is Neo Pandon, which appeared in the UltraSeven - Evolution series. The fouth incarnation - King Pandon - first appeared in Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers movie. It's this 4th incarnation that appears in episode 3.
  • T-N related shows: If you haven't watched Netajin, download it and watch it! In one of the Netajin episodes, Kachou plays a game featuring based on the UltraSeven series, and Pandon and Modified Pandon appears in the game!
-----

Episode 4:
Ragon (ラゴン)
  • Height: 30m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 20000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: Ultra Q
  • Trivia: Prior to appearing in Ginga, Ragon first appeared in Ultra Q, and then later in Ultraman. Ragon's subtitle is "海底原人", which literally translates to "Undersea Original Man". Ultra Wiki translates it to "Undersea Hominid", though apparently the term "hominid" is used quite restrictedly in the scientific realm.
Jean-Killer (ジャンキラー)
  • Height: 50m
  • Weight: 30000t
  • Original Appearance: Ultraman Zero Side Story: Killer the Beatstar
  • Trivia: In "Killer the Beatstar", Beatstar was a robot-ultimate computer being. His sole purpose was to collect technology from world to world, and he has an aversion towards organic life. Travelling through different universes, Beatstar eventually came into the universe where Zero was residing in. There, he captured Jean-Bot, and created Jean-Killer using Jean-Bot's data.
-----

Episode 5:
Doragorie (ドラゴリー)
  • Height: 67m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 58000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: Ultraman Ace
  • Trivia: Doragorie is a kaiju, but to be more specific, it's a chouju (literally means "super beast"). Chouju are weaponized kaijus that were created by Yapool. Doragoris is one of the few monsters that managed to defeat an Ultra; he defeated Ace in the Ace series. Doragorie made many appearances in later series, including Ultraman Mebius, Mega Monster Battle, Galaxy N.E.O. etc.
  • Translation trivia: This is another one of those weird names. There are, I believe, 3 English translations out there (listed in order of most number of search results from Google): Doragorie, Doragoris, Doragory. Ultra Wiki uses "Doragoris". I actually have no idea where the "s" sound in the translation for Ultra Wiki comes from. I initially used "Doragoris", but did some digging, and decided to go with "Doragorie" instead.
  • T-N related shows: Doragorie makes an appearance in Ultraman Mebius episode 25, which will be released in due time! ><'''
Tiga Dark (ティガダーク)
  • Height: 53m (In doll form: 14cm)
  • Weight: 44000t (In doll form: 150g)
  • Original Appearance: Ultraman Tiga - The Final Odyssey
  • Trivia: TIGA IS THE BEST ULTRAMAN EVER. Okay, my love for Tiga aside, The Final Odyssey was an epilogue film to the Tiga series. The Final Odyssey is set 2 years after the events of Tiga, and as an epilogue movie, not only does it wrap up the Tiga story nicely, it also provided a back story to Tiga's origins. Basically, go watch the film. I'm not sure if this film is available on DVD in the US though. Tiga recently made a reappearance in an alternate universe in the movie: Great Decisive Battle! The Super 8 Ultra Brothers! (another awesome film).
-----

Episode 6:
Jean-Nine (ジャンナイン)
  • Height: 50m
  • Weight: 30000t
  • Original Appearance: Ultraman Zero Side Story: Killer the Beatstar
  • Trivia: In the second part of the Ultraman Zero Side Story, Jean-Killer found his own consciousness and joined forces with Ultraman Zero. He's named "Jean-Nine" because he's the ninth member of the Ultimate Force Zero. Jean-Nine's eyes are yellow, while Jean-Killer's eyes are red. Other than the difference in personality/eye color, there're no other differences between Jean-Killer and Jean-Nine.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Ultraman Ginga Kaiju Trivia

Post by takenoko »

How'd you come up with Kemurloid/roid for person? Isn't that usually short for android?

If you wanted to use android as "similar to man" then you took the wrong part. The man part is the andr. The oid means "like" in latin.

-ian might have made more sense since that means "from" or "belonging to"
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-ian
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Hmm, maybe I should have went with -ian then. I just used "loid" because that's the next most common name I hear after "Kemur Man".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, I wonder who came up with that then. But yeah, Mars/Martian. -ian is fairly tried and true.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Well, at least now I can note it in future "Jin" kaiju/monsters.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh, I think I got confused. -ian would probably work better for seijin since it'd be the "man from this planet" sort of thing.

I dunno, Kemur Man seems okay to me personally.

Return to “Ultraman Ginga”