Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Garo 19 released

Post by Phoenix512 »

< Episode 18
Wiki
Episode 20>

After the intense battle, Kouga and Jabi attempt to send the daggers to the demon world while holding off Kodama and Rei.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Re: Garo 19 released

Post by PHurricane »

I'm still reeling that Jabi was in Nexus. That would have meant nothing to me the first time I watched Garo, but it explains why she looked so familiar this time around.

Spoiler
Although that's nothing compared to my shock when Kodama kills Jabi right in front of Kouga. It shocked me the first time this episode. And even though I've already seen the whole series, I thought she still had something else to do in a later episode so my jaw dropped (again) when she exploded.

As much as the fights between Zero and Garo were visually stunning, I'm glad that it's starting to sink in that they have a common enemy they should be focusing their frustrations on.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, the brutality with which Jabi is killed is always surprising to me. Her introduce made you think that she was going to be a new regular member, filling in for Priest Amon who was just murdered, and being a rival of sorts for Kaoru. Like that line about not being a good woman and how she was looking for something to protect made it seem from TV logic that more stuff was going to happen.

But nope, she dies in just the episode after her introduction. No great battle or sacrifice, just a meaningless death
DereklBarona
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz/W
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: When in doubt, Rider Kick.

Post by DereklBarona »

Yeah yeah, great fight, sad to see Jabi go, all that. You're all forgetting the most important character in this episode.

Seriously pissed-off Gonza. XD

No, I'm actually really a bit disappointed that they just up and exploded her like that. Like Takenoko said, the hinting at her introductiong back during the chess game and then having her show up made it really look like she was going to stick around for at least a few more episodes till she did something needlessly heroic and got killed that way, or just ended up paired with Zero somehow. She didn't even get to die in Kouga's arms or anything.

My guess is, seeing as how Garo's about exactly half the length of a "normal" Toku show, there had probably been some kind of plan to have her hang around before they realized it was only 25 episodes and they needed to get this show rolling. Either that, or the writers were jerks and planned on killing her off quick from the start. It's really only one of the two.
Areku The O.F.
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR Black
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz
Dreamy: Too many to count...
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: Dream Theater
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may
Old time is still a' flying
And that same flower that smiles you today
Tomorrow will be dying..."

Post by Areku The O.F. »

I was so shocked to see Jabi die (and in the merciless way it was done) that I ALMOST refrained myself from finishing the series. The way that happened reminds that if you must leave, do it with a bang and sadly in her case, she LITERALLY did so.
3... 2... 1... Time Out... Deformation.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Big, huge ass horror that was easily felled by a mysterious caped individual, a horror eating Maki Knight that the Watchdogs bow down to?

Ohhhhh Crap.
Ash Rudel
Go Go!
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: W, Kabuto, Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: Obachan said this... "My evolution is faster than the light. Nothing in the whole universe can keep up with my evolution.

Post by Ash Rudel »

So many good and bad things about this ep.
Honstly didn't expect Jabi to die that way.
[cg]sasuke
Infinity
Quote: "grandma said...."

Post by [cg]sasuke »

the mysterious barago finally appeared
KAMEN RIDER OOO loves Reggae and Jamaica
ImageImage
KR_FIA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by KR_FIA »

It's the curse of tokasatsu series. Girls capable of fighting tend to die...

But yea, it scored a "WTH? But I've just started to like her character!" the first time I saw that...
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Really wasn't expecting Jabi to die at the hands of Kodama, kinda of expected her to last at least until Kaoru was saved from the Horror Blood. Couple of very nice fight scenes between Kouga & Rei & Kouga & Kodama, really was surprised that Kodama had all that in him.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Fun fact, the guy who plays Kodama does suit acting for the show as well (I think he does Zero off the top of my head).
Zaruba
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Dragonball
Favorite Band: Metallica
My boom: Garo

Post by Zaruba »

Catastrophe wrote:Fun fact, the guy who plays Kodama does suit acting for the show as well (I think he does Zero off the top of my head).
That's awesome. Where did you hear that? I hope you guys don't mind me necroing old threads as I've joined the Garo fan base late and want to be part of the old discussion.

Return to “Garo Season 1”