Silent_X
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Re: Gokai 39 released

Post by Silent_X »

DREWdesu wrote: - Mathematics is a solar system-wide subject
I'm pretty sure Don is not from this solar system.
I'm sure you didn't mean that as a serious comment, but people mixing up solar system, galaxy, and universe is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
I may be lying
Disclaimer: I do not endorse HeadOn; it is barely anything more than a stick of wax. I am simply using it as a Transformers joke.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Regardless of the solar-system thing, math is pretty much a universal concept. Once you've established if you're working in base 10 or 60 or whatever, you're in the clear.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Don teaches the kids how to solve the problems... in hex.

"Miyuki, the answer is not 3E1."
Barim
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: SS: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Ryuki
Favorite Band: Queen
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Barim »

Lunagel wrote:Once you've established if you're working in base 10 or 60 or whatever, you're in the clear.
Actually, there is a completely different numbers system, not just based on different bases, a classmate of mine tried to explain it, none of us got it.
Spoiler
Once the Heron to set his path,
Twice the Heron to name him true,
Once the Dragon for remembrance lost,
Twice the Dragon for the price he must pay.
Therm_Kitty
Gabu
Dreamy: Shotaro!

Post by Therm_Kitty »

TBustah! wrote: 1. Why was Warz Gill's death reported in the sports section? :? At any rate, I guess we've all got to call him that now that there's an official romanization.

2. In what world is Ahim more dangerous than Luka? Her bounty is 1 million more than Luka's. Maybe there's the royalty factor? Maybe they have to offer a little more because somebody else is looking for her. Dunno.

3. Joe's bounty is 000,000,000 Zagins? Must have been a typo.
1. It's not the sports section, that's the whole paper. It's a cultural thing that makes no real sense. If you want to read gossip, you pick up the sports paper. So think of it like a trashy newspaper covering Michael Jackson's death, if the Prince of Pop died in a giant robot trying to take over an alien planet. Also, if we respected official romanizations, OOO would have Rion, Tora and Cheetar (or Cheater) Medals.

2. I don't think they're going for the One Piece "bounty = power levels" concept, so I think you're right.

3. Definitely an 8 there.
TBustah!
Mega
Favorite series: Zyu to Kaku
2nd Favorite Series: Bouken to Kaizoku
Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by TBustah! »

Therm_Kitty wrote: 1. It's not the sports section, that's the whole paper. It's a cultural thing that makes no real sense. If you want to read gossip, you pick up the sports paper.
I actually already knew about Japan's smaller topical newspapers (from a Case Closed manga that I read, which dealt with one), I was just using the more familiar term "sports section" for the sake of brevity. I didn't want to have to explain myself to people who weren't familiar with them.

The way they do it makes more sense, if you ask me. I don't subscribe to any newspapers, so when I read them, I have to pay for them off the rack, and it's usually only to read a few sections. It'd be nice to only have to pay for the ones I use. I don't see that ever happening here though, because whether they lean left or right, newspaper editors always feel the need to force their political beliefs and spin on current events onto everyone. Focusing on just one or two topics would severely limit their ability to do this, especially if that topic was a decidedly non-political one, like sports or community events.

I didn't know about the gossip bit of it though, that's pretty weird. I gotta wonder how it even started... it'd be like using Seventeen to talk about Medicare issues concerning senior citizens. :lol:
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger

Post by jolly_old_saint »

So to sum up...math, science, history, unraveling the mystery, it all started with Warzolemew James Gilliam The Impact Flon Flugel.

...Can't a flamboyant guy just have rainbow things for the hell of it?
DREWdesu
7X

Post by DREWdesu »

Silent_X wrote:
DREWdesu wrote: - Mathematics is a solar system-wide subject
I'm pretty sure Don is not from this solar system.
I'm sure you didn't mean that as a serious comment, but people mixing up solar system, galaxy, and universe is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.
Yeah I was really confused on what term to use... maybe he was from a dwarf planet ... ROFL. idek haha
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Nice to see Kenta and i looks like he's found a soul mate in Gai. Also looks like Digi-Ken hasn't changed much except for some updated computers.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”