Favorite Actor?: Toku? Hiroki Suzuki
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Slot cars
Quote: "The future.... is in the past! Onwards, Aoshima!"
Type: ISFP Composer

Re: Gokai 41 released

Post by TBustah! »

JumperPrime wrote:
I'm not so sure about that. Remember, each member of the crew already had hefty bounties on their heads before they landed on Earth(except Doc, of course) so they must have done SOME damage. And don't forget where Marvelous and Joe met Luka: Robbing a Zangyack ship. I expect that Zangyack were the crew's favorite(and the results of the Space Police investigation imply only) targets whenever they were gonna rob something, and if they can cause Zangyack some headaches while they do it, bonus. And from the very start, the crew have been more protective of the people of Earth than they were willing to admit, considering the increasingly flimsy excuses they gave for intervening, starting with "They ruined our lunch" and going on from there.
I'd forgotten about some of that...

Maybe Luka was just being her usual klepto self, and was just going after the biggest haul (which just happened to be Zangyack's stash), and maybe the trouble everyone else caused Zangyack was just collateral, but you're right: they DID seem to single Zangyack out.

But I still say there's a difference between having a favorite punching bag and wanting to knock that punching bag off it's chain because it's pissing you off. The early episodes are proof enough: they were more concerned with finding The Greatest Treasure in the Universe. Half of the first ten began with them either asking Navi for a clue, or chasing after one that was given in previous episode (or off screen). The other half began with them fiddling with their Ranger Keys, hawking valuables, chilling, and otherwise minding their own business. They may have gone out of their way to help some people being harassed by Zangyack here and there, but it's pretty obvious that their treasure hunt was still their priority. Zangyack just kept getting in the way. Now, very few of them begin this way. They either get attacked by Zangyack, or (as is more often the case) catch Zangyack doing something. Taking Zangyack down is now their primary objective, with their treasure hunt taking a back seat. They don't need (or rather, don't pretend to need) an excuse to fight the evil that's in front of them anymore.

And I was never saying that they didn't do anything to deserve their early bounties, just that they weren't trying to take Zangyack down completely, and were (perhaps) unconcerned with what Zangyack did when the empire wasn't giving them trouble.

More importantly, I was saying there may have been other (more effective or more desirable) ways Ahim could have caused trouble for Zangyack than joining the crew.

Prior to their arrival on Earth, the Gokaiger might have caused some trouble for Zangyack here and there (perhaps even gone out of their way to do so from time to time, with no personal gain at a stake), but to the outside world, they probably appeared to be doing so purely out of selfish ambition. It's like Marvelous said when Ahim told the others she wanted to be a symbol for her people: "Then you shouldn't become a pirate". Despite all the hell they were raising for Zangyack, society still looked down on them. They're a bunch of thieves, after all. And with an empire as big as Zangyack has (and with as many lives as they've undoubtedly broken), there have got to be other, more respectable, people causing trouble for Zangyack. Maybe even an entire Star Wars-esque rebel army. A person looking to fight back could have just as easily joined up with someone else, so why one join a rag-tag group of bandits? Especially a princess?

Because of the wanted posters, and her idea of using them to show her planet's survivors that she's alive and (in many cases, literally) kicking. That was the piece missing until now.
ryuukhang
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: Nantoka naru

Post by ryuukhang »

Oh man... Ahim! She has grown so much. I always wondered what was a princess doing with pirates and now we find out how and why she joined them. She's one of my favorite pinks.
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

Definitely a nice episode. As much as I normally enjoy the Ahim-focused episodes, this is the one I've been waiting to see.

One point I liked was how she struggled to learn how to use the weapons as well as the day-to-day errands around the ship. It just adds realism to it all.

Nice to know that the team sees her as an integral part of the group.......or at least, Capt Marvelous does. I wonder if we'll see more of that?
rubius
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Lupinranger vs. Patranger
Dreamy: Patren Sango/Magine
Favorite Actor?: N/A
Favorite Band: Rider Girls/Chips

Post by rubius »

wondering what is the name of the song that plays when the rangers fight in pairs against that eyeball?
Finished Shows
Kamen Rider:Heisei Riders - Saber
Super Sentai: From Zyuranger to Kiramager
Other: Justirizer, Rescue Force/Fire

Haven't watched a Tokusatsu I didn't like :mrgreen:
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

It's "Pirates Girls" by Mayumi Gojo and Sister Mayo.
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

The Emperor's bodyguards seem inspired by Gien from Timeranger and Dagon from Magirangers.

Anyway nice seeing some Ahim history and her avenging her parents.
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!

Return to “Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger”